2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Download NISSAN Service Bulletin for the BOSE AUDIO PILOT - OVERBOOSTED BASS

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 02:08 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default called my dealer about bose...

they said the service bulliten had been recalled, but then went on to say, the fix they put out was not fixing what people were complaining about, that was something different. either way, Im bringing it up tomarrow at 2 so they can hear it and decide if the radio does have the problem the fix is sposed to correct.

has anyone actually DONE THE FIX? can anyone say it made it all better? or is nissan fixing something we didnt know was broke?
Old 11-07-2002, 04:43 PM
SnoopyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dealer... Connell Nissan said that they have seen the Bulletin but won't be able to fix my Bose until they can verify that the audio is defective... I dunno bout this... maybe it is time to just replace the amp and sub now... (Alpine Type-R)
Old 11-07-2002, 05:04 PM
noahbuddy

I've got an appt at 8am Friday to get the amp replaced at the dealer. Did a survey with an Engineer and he said this will fix both the sub and the auto-volume (mostly). He said there is no on / off for the auto volume, so it will still do that.

I'll let you know how much of a difference it makes.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:11 PM
all_bark

my dealer called me today to tell me the word has come down from NNA. New Parts!

I am going in next week to get the amp replaced as well as the front tires (I also have the slight pull to the right)

I hope that fixes things.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:16 PM
jacen2y

Default took my car in....

for an oil change and they confirmed the problem as stated on the bulletin...they are ordering the part and will call when it's in...they also checked the grease streak on the windows when the roll up and down and couldn't fix it...so they are also ordering a part for that fix...
Old 11-07-2002, 05:51 PM
relldog

Default Download NISSAN Service Bulletin for the BOSE AUDIO PILOT - OVERBOOSTED BASS

Not sure if this has been posted yet. If anyone is interested, here is the NISSAN Service Bulletin for the BOSE AUDIO PILOT - OVERBOOSTED BASS Problem

Nissan Service Bulletin

relldog
Old 11-07-2002, 06:49 PM
SnoopyZ

Default Re: took my car in....

Originally posted by jacen2y
for an oil change and they confirmed the problem as stated on the bulletin...they are ordering the part and will call when it's in...they also checked the grease streak on the windows when the roll up and down and couldn't fix it...so they are also ordering a part for that fix...
My dealer told me they couldn't fix the grease... and that it should eventually go away... ugh...
Old 11-07-2002, 07:41 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is it odd that the title of my thread changed? or did a mod do that?

anyway, not the point. I did download it and faxed it to them, thats how I got to where I am now. I was just curious to see if it did the job it was sposed to, good to hear it does, even if it isnt the best sound, I just want it to work as it should.
Old 11-08-2002, 04:41 AM
Electro Z

Default I had my Z in on the 1st Nov

And they ordered the Bose fix as well as looked at a paint blob problem on three of four rims... Replacement amp on its way... Nissan Rep due in to look at the rims... Loads of fun.

EZ
Old 11-08-2002, 07:42 AM
noahbuddy

Just had the amp relaced. Definitely sounds better. The radio sounds as good as the cd player does. And the auto-pilot doesn't compete with itself anymore.

I can actually sing with the radio and it doesn't keep pumping up the volume.