Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I ADDED NAV - and another dealer story

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 07:18 AM
chicago_z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I ADDED NAV - and another dealer story

Called my dealer today because I decided what the hell... add the nav.

Before he would even let me tell him why I called he assumed I was trying to get status or something.

He said "I have some good news... it's not for sure but it looks like the cars are coming two weeks earlier".

I skeptically asked, "Two weeks earlier than when?"

He basically said that they were getting a lot of the cars in the end of July and I would probably get mine in August. (I just ordered 2 weeks ago)

He said that they were building my car right now. Of course this is all contrary to the speculation going on here, and I assume he does not frequent the boards.

Its funny when he said they were already building my car I said "Well I guess I can't change anything." and he said "No, it's too late". I think he assumed I was going to remove options or change the color or something but when I told him that I wanted to add the 2k Nav system he became very attentive and then told me he would call me back.
Called me back and hour later and said "Great news... your getting the nav!"

I don't think he is intentionally lying to me but I do know that he is young (around my age) and had only been working there 7 months or so. I think he goes and asks the old-school dealers and they tell him what to tell me.

Time will tell...
Old 06-18-2002, 07:28 AM
2003z

funny you mention that. Several months ago, I thought about deleting nav. My dealer said I couldn't, but I didn't mind, because I was looking for a reason to keep it. 2 weeks later, when I said I wanted to change from touring to track he was more than happy to look into it, because in his words "Gee, you want to spend MORE money?"
Old 06-18-2002, 07:29 AM
Toony

I pre-ordered in mid April, and my dealer told me that only a few people were getting the car in June, but I would get mine in July for sure.

Don't they know they don't have to like to us, we are going to buy the car.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:30 AM
dvlad

today my dealer from gerald nissan called and said the car is arriving 1st week in september.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:42 AM
chicago_z

awesome dvlad!

I'm betting that It will be october november or worse before I get mine.

hey... you are in Chicago... can i be your best friend in September?
Old 06-18-2002, 09:25 AM
raymanZ
Site Sponsor

Default hard to believe, I'm jealous if true

Wow, that is really amazing.

I hope your dealer isnt giving you BS, because I contacted my dealer AND Nissan North America a few days ago about adding Nav and received the same answer from both: "Your order was submitted a long time ago, too late to add Nav."

I pestered and pestered but both said nothing could be done other than aftermarket. Damn, wish I thought of this earlier.

Just to note, I tried doin this on June 14, which I admit, was late in the game. Thats why I find it amazing that you were able to do it. (I got mine from a Chicago dealership too)

RaymanZ
Old 06-18-2002, 09:44 AM
chicago_z

who knows raymanZ

it was an hour before he called me back and said he could add it. He then faxed my order form over to me and had me initial where they checked off "Navigation" on the order form. For their records he said.

Keep in mind, I pre-ordered June 5th (less than 2 weeks ago). Maybe it is because they are not even close to building my car yet.
Old 06-18-2002, 12:54 PM
MSOsr

I pre-ordered on 2/15; on 6/14, I tried to add nav and was told it was too late........my car already had a "build sheet"and was due in September.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:26 PM
chicago_z

Default CYB = good advice

I've been thinking that I'll give it a week and then call Nissan directly and see if the nav was added.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:45 PM
Zspot

Default Delivery

My dealer contacted me last week. I was #15 on their allocation (ordered on 2-15-02). Apparently my Z will be in the first lot for their allocation, to be delivered between August 15 and Sept 15. He even has a VIN# for my car.

------------------------
Silverstone
Performance
6MT
Old 06-18-2002, 05:53 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Delivery

Originally posted by Zspot
He even has a VIN# for my car.
No dealer will have a VIN number until your car is completely done being built. This is near impossible at this point.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:54 PM
raymanZ
Site Sponsor

Default I think your right ChicagoZ

I think you have a point. I ordered back in Jan, so the final details on my order have probably already been sent to the factory. Whereas if you ordered in June, that probably has not been done yet by NNA so thats why you could add the Nav. Makes sense.

I'm pretty much convinced that I cannot change my order. There's always aftermarket I guess. Or I might just be so preoccupied driving this baby that I forget that i don't have it!

RaymanZ
Old 06-18-2002, 08:07 PM
chicago_z

THanks Krazy for your concern.

I think if you read all the posts here you would notice that we are all quite aware that the dealer(s) are full of it.

I know my car is not being built and I don't think anyone here is getting out of hand. Just musings on the stories we are told by our dealers.

I fully expect to be one of the last people to get my car and I also suspect that it could very well be LATER than October.

I'm generally an "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of person. Even when I do get a delivery date I'll pretty much believe them as I'm driving my Z off the lot.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:10 PM
olzilver

I agree with kraZy. As far as FOS, ain't they all? I guess they'll come when they come.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:10 PM
rep15

I ordered the last day of May and was told it could come as late as November. Sometimes I wish people would lie to make me feel better for the moment.

Quick Reply: I ADDED NAV - and another dealer story