Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

z to evo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 04:03 PM
bobS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z to evo?

For those of you that have traded your z for an evo...where u happy? I'm seriously thinking about it, the tire feathering issue has pissed me offfffff
Old 01-12-2005, 05:12 PM
TurK

wow...
Old 01-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Lerxst

Your sig says you're loving every minute of your Z. It'd probably cheaper to do some suspension mods to the Z than trade it in... I think that'd solve the feathering... anybody know?
Old 01-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I've read on this board, changing to a different tire or swapping to an aftermarket suspension seems to resolve the issue.
Old 01-12-2005, 10:21 PM
TTrojaN [Z]

trade it in...mitsubishi needs the money and we need less Z's out on the road....trade it in tommorow buddy
Old 01-12-2005, 11:58 PM
nyc350z

haHAHAhAha TTrojan is funny.. wellz i just wanted to say before i got my Z i wanted either a Z or evo.. but when i got to test drive the evo it was fast and all.. i cant front.. but the inside of the car looks like a honda civic ! 03 evo and it looks like a 92 civic.. so wackk.. the outside is nice.. but i think the Z looks much nicer inside and out.. and like Lerxst said u can always change ur suspension.. it would be much cheaper.. and if u wanna go as fast as the evo.. theres a single turbo kit for our car for 4700.. so good luck with the choice u make..
Old 01-13-2005, 02:50 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at the STi, I liked it better than the Evo
Old 01-13-2005, 03:16 AM
bobS

Hmmm..yea my sig is outdated hah. Well i love the looks of the z, the interior is ok, but the hatch problem, rear axle clicking, tire feathering, window grease, not to mention i see tons of z's on the road. I also desire more power, the new gto, srt4, mustang gt, evo, sti, all spank the z with little mods. Plus the evo and sti are so easily modded with little money. I think i'm going to trade it in for an evo MR. I'm going to wait a month or two though, so i have some time to think it over. I haven't heard any resolution to the tire problem. Just speculation. If there is a resolution then someone that has changed tires or suspension and resolved the feathering can post on here and tell me.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:15 AM
mdacko

i was going to trade my Z for an evo back in the summer. not because i didnt like my Z, but more for practicality reasons, like not being able to drive my Z in the winter, and lower insurance and car payments, and easier/less expensive to mod, and backseat/trunk.

anyways, i had a buyer all lined up for my Z, even made a DP, and i had an evo lined up in NY. everything fell through, teh asshat that was gonna buy my Z backed out....blah blah

needless to say, i am SO happy that i didnt end up getting the evo. the Z is such a beautiful car, so much better looking than the evo. the boxiness of the evo cannot compare w/ the curves and lines of the Z. the interior is much better looking, and i just felt that the Z fit my personality more. sure the evo is faster, easier to modify, etc. but if you look around on the evo forums, the evo has its problems just as the Z does. its mostly drivetrain stuff, clutches blowing early, etc. plus mitsu is going bankrupt

if youre after raw power and are willing to sacrifice looks for it, then go for it. unless youre f/i in the Z, the evo will own it every time. but IMO thats really all the evo has going for it. for me personally, i like the nice balance between power and looks the Z offers. its not "fast" n/a, but running mid 13's w/ a few bolt ons is satisfactory for me.

ok sorry for the rant, just sharing my experience!
Old 01-13-2005, 06:38 AM
aaaaa

Default Good choice

Originally posted by bobS
Hmmm..yea my sig is outdated hah. Well i love the looks of the z, the interior is ok, but the hatch problem, rear axle clicking, tire feathering, window grease, not to mention i see tons of z's on the road. I also desire more power, the new gto, srt4, mustang gt, evo, sti, all spank the z with little mods. Plus the evo and sti are so easily modded with little money. I think i'm going to trade it in for an evo MR. I'm going to wait a month or two though, so i have some time to think it over. I haven't heard any resolution to the tire problem. Just speculation. If there is a resolution then someone that has changed tires or suspension and resolved the feathering can post on here and tell me.
If u finally realized that the Z is not fast car, Z to Evo is way to do..

I recently saw many videos about Z was getting their *** whooped by evo, sti, altima, srt-4 and even civics...Also i saw TT350z was getting his *** whooped by modified civic and modified evo.... that is really sad, because I believe that TT350z would cost more than modified civic and modified evo..

but the z's appearance cannot be compared with any of the car that i mentioned above..IMO

Evo MR is not just a evo8 that we see on the street everyday,so very good choice.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:22 AM
tacomaboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I saw a 350Z get squashed by a Metro too... thats proof they are slowwwwww.

Flame bait.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:39 AM
tsixr

you can make a yugo as fast as any of the cars mentioned above but at the end of the day you are still driving a yugo...werd
Old 01-13-2005, 07:43 AM
91na

Definitely drop the Z... someone else will enjoy it much more.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

When is a car that runs high 13's stock slow? The 350z does it with a 3.5L V6 where as the Mustang GT does it with a 4.6L V8 and the Camaro's / Firebirds do it with the LT1's...
Old 01-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Low J.
Banned

I have a few friends with EVO's and even had a deal working on one when I got my Z. Totally different cars altogether so not much to compare. The EVO is an incredible performance car that can hang with $100k supercars on a track but you pay for it with econobox interior, 4 doors, and looks that are quite a bit more youth oriented where the Z has purpose built sports car sex appeal. The EVO also has turbo lag and the Z has nice smooth torquey power all through the powerband as well. Personally I'm glad I got the Z instead of the EVO but I'm still a huge EVO fan and still plan to have one in my family someday because for pure all around performance it is the king.

One thing to keep in mind as well.....if you're going crazy over some of the Z issues, the EVO has it's own set of problems with clutches that many people complain of and lots of dealers are voiding warranties for the smallest things.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Low J.
The EVO is an incredible performance car that can hang with $100k supercars on a track but you pay for it with econobox interior, 4 doors, and looks that are quite a bit more youth oriented where the Z has purpose built sports car sex appeal.
I was gonna say this too but didn't feel like dealing with flaming idiots.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:06 AM
tacomaboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there will always be someone faster anyways, I figure....
Old 01-13-2005, 09:47 AM
lunartick13

Dump The Z,
You don`t sound pleased, I bought my Z knowing about the tire feathering problem. The same week I pick up my z I took it to a Speed Shop they reset the ilingment to factory specs. Most car manufacturs do not set the front end, just for some reason the Z seems to be prone to this issue.
But if you are looking for an excuse, that one is as good as any. Dump it! some one else will be mighty proud to be driving that car.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:41 AM
MadMax76

I looked at the specs of the EVO online and either I am looking in the wrong place or it's not all that impressive, at least on paper. Do you guys have any idea why EVO spanks the Z every time? I mean curb weight is amlost identical, power - pretty close to each other. I understand that it's a 4 wheel drive but it has a turbo already which probably means that you want get much more power out of a 2.0 liter engine. The Z is N/A so you can get a lot more power down the road with F/I and what not.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:01 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm just not 2fast2furious enough to drive an EVO...

Quick Reply: z to evo?