2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Not very excited with my new Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Racer Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Mantis3024
I traded in my 01 mustang convertible in for the Z. Besides that, I have a Porsche 944 and an Integra GS-R. I drove the GS-R for my daily driver before the Z. For the fun factor, Id say the gsr is just as much fun to drive as the Z but the Zs looks and performance outdoes it by a lot. My 944 is the best handling car Ive ever driven but not as fun to drive as the Z. In a way, the Z puts the best of both cars into one.

Maybe you have regrets about NOT having a convertible anymore?? I'm assuming you didn't get the Z Roadster....Now you have 3 Sports Cars (well...Integra is not REALLY a sports car IMO), none of which are convertible (AGAIN, assuming the 944 is NOT a Cabriolet).
Old 01-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Beaker02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm. I planned for mine for about a year. Was VERY excited to finally get it. Still having fun after a year and a half with it.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Mantis3024

Its not that its not a convertible. When I had the mustang, I seldom put the top down. I guess there wasn't any anticipation. Before I got the Z, I wanted an sti or cobra really really bad. I got really excited over those cars but the Z immediately caught my attention when I first saw one up close.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:41 AM
mdacko

ive had my Z for about a year now, and its still so enjoyable to drive. esp since its in storage all winter, i feel so excited everytime i think about the day i can pull it out. its the same feeling i had when i was waiting for the car to come in when i bought it.

if the Z doesnt get you excited like that, something is wrong.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:19 AM
ivanito

Its not that its not a convertible. When I had the mustang, I seldom put the top down. I guess there wasn't any anticipation. Before I got the Z, I wanted an sti or cobra really really bad. I got really excited over those cars but the Z immediately caught my attention when I first saw one up close.
trade it back in... so there will be less Z's on the road
Old 01-15-2005, 02:00 PM
mooredc

It might also just be a matter of time to get accustomed to it. My 99 Honda Prelude is my five/six year old car and since the dealer's don't give crap on tradein value I decided to keep it.

My Prelude seems to be much more nimble for me and it fits me like a glove. I just think 5 years of driving any car gives you "mariage" that is hard to break.

The more I drive the Z, the more I like it, maybe you just need to give it a little more time until you have that same comfort level with it.

Only two hundred more miles on my Z until the beakin period is over, I'm sure I will be getting more excitement from it when I'm not having to baby it.

Last edited by mooredc; 01-15-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by mooredc
It might also just be a matter of time to get accustomed to it. My 99 Honda Prelude is my five/six year old car and since the dealer's don't give crap on tradein value I decided to keep it.

My Prelude seems to be much more nimble for me and it fits me like a glove. I just think 5 years of driving any car gives you "mariage" that is hard to break.

The more I drive the Z, the more I like it, maybe you just need to give it a little more time until you have that same comfort level with it.

Only two hundred more miles on my Z until the beakin period is over, I'm sure I will be getting more excitement from it when I'm not having to baby it.
I'm gonna miss my '01 Prelude when I sell it.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:15 PM
Built2shredZ

R I P

Old 01-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats beautiful man! Is that a genuine Mugen kit? It looks like it is.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:14 PM
Built2shredZ

Yep it was the real deal... Had to wait 5 months for King Motorsports to get it from Japan...

Also had Mugen Headers, Mugen Exhaust, Mugen Suspension, AEM CAI, Mugen Wing (pics are before I got it), AEM Big Brake Kit, Jackson Racing Supercharger...

I tried to sell it with all the stuff on it, but ended up parting everything out..
Old 01-16-2005, 01:10 AM
Racer Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude...WHY in the world would you pay EXTRA for a convertible and NOT put the top down....First of all...you shoulda got the Mustang with a sunroof IMO.

As far as the Z is concerned....I really think you will learn to appreciate and embrace it in time.....And another thing...you don't see as many Z's on the road...so you'll get the nice feeling of being different from the rest of the drones out there who drive Mustangs, Vettes, Honda Civics (barf!)

When I drive my Z...I see too many damn Mustangs...yeesh!!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:30 AM
bio911

OOO a 944.. now thats a fun little car, my friend has a 944 and a 924s and i've driven both. He is about to get a 84 911, thats going to be pretty cool. I just turned 19 and I am looking into buying a 350z. I currently have a 2002 Toyota Tundra LTD V8 4wd and it now has 48,000 miles since i got it brand new. I also owned a 2001 Honda CBR600F4i which is a fun little sport bike. I recently sold the bike due to some issues with law. Being able to get a Z is not getting me excited either... not sure why. I test drove it and it is quick but slow at the same time... I'd love to get an M3 but insurance was sooo expensive so i can't get one at this time. I guess its because I've owned a bike and ridden other bikes like a 2004 R1 and a few GSXr that will do the quarter in about 8-9 seconds, this makes everything else on the road seem slow. 160+mph on a bike is where everything begins and sometimes end for some people. I guess i can get use to the Z and learn to love it as much as i love my Tundra. Sooner or later I will buy another bike and really have fun in the twisties
Old 01-16-2005, 12:13 PM
NISMOFO

I'm curious if your Mustang convertible was a GT or just a V6? If it was a V6, then I'm really confused how you could not be impressed with the Z. I had a 2002 GT, and I only miss the mean look the car had. I had a few Cobra parts on it + some Y2K 18x9.5" Cobra R rims. But the steering, handling, clutch, shifter seating position, balance, fit, finish, is way better in my opinion. The only thing that's NOT better would be rear visibility.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't obsess over this car for a few months before I bought it. I was set on getting a Cobra, and then about two weeks ago I decided that I like the Z's for some reason.

Dumping the car will definitely cost you, so I'd try to at least enjoy it. Or like some people on here, mod it and you'll like it more. That's what I did with my Mustang, but it wore off after awhile.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:37 PM
Mantis3024

Originally posted by 350Track
I'm curious if your Mustang convertible was a GT or just a V6? If it was a V6, then I'm really confused how you could not be impressed with the Z. I had a 2002 GT, and I only miss the mean look the car had. I had a few Cobra parts on it + some Y2K 18x9.5" Cobra R rims. But the steering, handling, clutch, shifter seating position, balance, fit, finish, is way better in my opinion. The only thing that's NOT better would be rear visibility.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't obsess over this car for a few months before I bought it. I was set on getting a Cobra, and then about two weeks ago I decided that I like the Z's for some reason.

Dumping the car will definitely cost you, so I'd try to at least enjoy it. Or like some people on here, mod it and you'll like it more. That's what I did with my Mustang, but it wore off after awhile.
The stang was a v6, I hardly ever drove it. I traded it in cuz it was taking up garage space. Its funny cuz I was really set on getting an 04 cobra too. I did all the research, test drove it plenty of times, and got the numbers all sorted out but realized the only difference is in the engine. The cobra is a fun car to drive but not as fun as the Z.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:37 PM
tylerdurden

I traded in my 01 mustang convertible in for the Z. Besides that, I have a Porsche 944 and an Integra GS-R. I drove the GS-R for my daily driver before the Z. For the fun factor, Id say the gsr is just as much fun to drive as the Z but the Zs looks and performance outdoes it by a lot. My 944 is the best handling car Ive ever driven but not as fun to drive as the Z. In a way, the Z puts the best of both cars into one.
Let me see...you're 18 years old...you're in college with a very high paying job...you have three cars including a Porsche, not to mention the Mustang you traded...you stopped racing a long time ago (WHEN YOU WERE 17?)...If you are not B.S'ing us then just sell all your cars and get one that's worth driving. No sympathy here..sorry!
Old 01-16-2005, 01:10 PM
zmann

For what it's worth...I (nor my wife) have stopped grinning yet when we take off in the Z Roadster. I've had it for a year and a half now and it just gets better with time. However, I've come a long way from driving a 10 year old Ford LTD with bad paint to my current transportation choices. Maybe it's knowing that all this is just stuff that could be gone in a flash and remembering my days of just having "basic" transportation that I really have an appreciation for what I have today and how I've attained it. I've had a lot of years to look forward to being in a position to have the kind of vehicles I've had the pleasure of driving over the recent years. If I'd started out with all this at 18, well, I guess I can see how enthusiasm might wane...I don't know. I think I'm just a car nut and will always be. I get excited when i drive my humble 4x2 4 cyl. frontier. I guess it is a matter of perspective and life experiences, eh??
Old 01-16-2005, 02:13 PM
netman_one

Originally posted by tylerdurden
Let me see...you're 18 years old...you're in college with a very high paying job...you have three cars including a Porsche, not to mention the Mustang you traded...you stopped racing a long time ago (WHEN YOU WERE 17?)...If you are not B.S'ing us then just sell all your cars and get one that's worth driving. No sympathy here..sorry!
Some other Mantis3024 Posts:
Name: Richard
AIM: Mantis6975

Im 18, clean driving record, good student discount, and multi-car discount. I have a 84 Porche 944, 01 Acura Integra GS-R, and just got the Z. Comprehensive, collision, theft on the 944 and GSR, full coverage on the Z. That comes out to 1200 a year for the 3.

Right... (not happy with the Z, call Daddy)
Old 01-17-2005, 02:51 PM
DrVolkl

Default Re: Not very excited with my new Z

After tomorrow, I've had my Z for a week. Ever since I got it, I never got that feeling of excitement or joy most people get when they buy a new car. I guess it might be because I never anticipated getting it. I just got up one day and decided to get one. Don't get me wrong, I like it a lot, great can and everything, but I'm just not feeling it. I was just wondering if any of you guys were excited when you first got it, or does the appreciation develop over time.
Sounds like you're going thru a midlife crisis and the Z isn't the answer. Try cheating on your wife instead.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:07 PM
MadMax76

I can't believe I finished this whole BS thread and noone said that it's BS. Any voluntiers? .
Old 01-17-2005, 03:31 PM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Smells Fishy

Quick Reply: Not very excited with my new Z