Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Buyers BEWARE- Woodfield Nissan (Chicago area)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002 | 07:55 AM
mpol99

Thumbs down Buyers BEWARE- Woodfield Nissan (Chicago area)

Went to BUY a 350 they had on the floor. I was assured MSRP (Performance-$31,295) , so after I drove for like 45 min, I was pissed to see that to the MSRP they added Enough crap to make it OVER $35K!!! I was like, "Why the hell didnt u tell me that over the phone?". Anyways, $1999 for Paint protection??? hahaha wtf? Licence plate frame $99??? Like $300 for etching (etching costs $8, damn it,LOL found out from another sales guy), Oil change plan $300 (I can do oil changes), Bunch of other crap..... oh well, I was nice & everything, the guy was cool.

I will not pay OVER $35K for a Performance. So Im waiting for my order which will hopefully be her in a few weeks. Can't wait!

The point is, beware of dealers like this, you DON'T wanna pay more than you have to. Many other dealers have cars in stock NOW for MSRP, no need to have your money STOLEN.

Marcin
Old 11-08-2002 | 10:04 AM
heythatsmybike

Did you order from there??
I was at that dealer looking last week....
Old 11-08-2002 | 10:18 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore
Premier Member

good tip, no way you should pay over MSRP for a Z....it's not like it's a limited edition Ferrari or something.
Old 11-08-2002 | 05:23 PM
mpol99

Thumbs down Friendlies from Woodfield call again

Got a call from Woodfield today about that car. They actually wanted to listen to me. After I told the sales guy for a millionth time I won't overpay, an honest manager told me they were just trying to make a profit. I told him that being ripped off is not exactly what I'm looking for right now.

With all that said I totally understand them in trying to make a buck on a hot new car..... just not on me......

Was that manager lying???? He said....
-Z's do NOT come with rust proofing or ANY kind of paint protection from the factory....
-Everyone marks their cars up (unless EVERYONE on this forum is lying for paying MSRP.... I've seen Z's on floors sold for MSRP also)
-Etching actually cost him $100!!! (where another salesman tells me it is really $8 <---- now $8 is believable.

Hmmmm, he didn't sound too honest after all

Marcin
Old 11-08-2002 | 05:51 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Yeah, I got the exact same thing from Buena Park in Southern California. And there's no freeway from here to there, so I wasted a couple hours altogether, plus about 3 or 4 emails. Besides that, I just felt like they were trying to pull something.

If it doesn't feel right talking, you'd better just keep on walking...
Old 11-09-2002 | 09:24 AM
jackccity

If you are in Chicago and looking for a Z, try Gerald Nissan in Naperrville----I don't know if they have any in stock or not. But
Sherryl Lauren even got me in a cancelled pre-order---that's how I've got my Z enthusiast now instead of still waiting. All at MRSP, and no unwanted extras.
Tell her Jack sent ya'.
Old 11-09-2002 | 09:37 AM
zblime

It is not just Nissan dealers who add 'options' once they get the cars. I had the same type of experience when I bought a Toyota Avalon a few years ago.

The way I look at it, it is not a problem IF you want the add-ons that they did. I don't agree with the inflated pricing for true fluff items.

I did pay an extra few grand for chrome wheels though, as I was thinking of adding them anyway....
Old 11-09-2002 | 09:40 AM
MacGuru

Check out Al Piemonte Nissan, Northlake, IL 708-343-3800 ask for Jeremy Woolley, Manager is Andrew. Very nice guys. They even called me to let me know they have more Z's with no names on them. Give them a call, you never know. -m
Old 11-09-2002 | 10:15 AM
Electro Z

Default If you want a drive...

Melloy Nissan has a few Z's coming in. I know right now they have a LeMans with no ones name on it... call...505-265-8721

And ask for Alex.. though anyone can give you a hand.. they will ask MSRP only!

No playing around...

EZ
Attached Thumbnails Buyers BEWARE- Woodfield Nissan (Chicago area)-side-of-z-glossy-small1.jpg