Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z Etiquette

Old 01-19-2005, 11:25 PM
cwerdna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

If I see them in time and I know they can see it, I give a thumbs.

The G35 coupe's exhaust to me sounds identical to that of the Z. However, I would disagree about all VQ35's sounding the same. My 02 Maxima has the same engine and it sounds nothing alike. The exhaust sound is very ho hum and not distinctive at all.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Racer Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's NO reason why someone with another Z shouldn't wave back or give a thumbs up IMO....unless they're on their cell phone, in which case they probably aren't paying attention to other drivers around them...LOL.

I'm the type of person to give a thumbs-up....I just got the Z, so I haven't had the chance to ride next to one yet that I could wave to.

However, I used to do it all the time with my '93 MR2....I had the NA one (135 HP)....I was parked next to a guy with the MR2 Turbo (200 HP)...We had a 15 min conversation about how the turbo handles and things we love about the car in general

I miss my old girl But NOW....I got a new lady to pamper...MY Z !!
Old 01-20-2005, 06:35 AM
Lerxst

I always make an effort... there are so few Z's in this city, we've got to stick together in the sea of Mustangs & Camaros
Old 01-20-2005, 09:46 AM
desiZ

I always make an effort too ... gurls never acknowledge (whats up with that...duh.. its not like i'm hitting on em or something.. duh).. last week in torrance passed another DB and we gave each other the nod... and the traditional light flash.. was kewl 1st out of like 7 total times..
Old 01-20-2005, 11:41 AM
jflaxx69

Dallas sucks a little worse than the Fort Worth area as far as waving in my Z goes. Lots of folks are too concerned with drinking thier martinis and living like we are in NYC or SoCal or something....I have news for you people...we live in freaking texas and we have one of the fattest states in America, nothing great around here but work and real estate!! Anyway that is just me being pissed at all the Z's who don't wave around the area (most are people who are concerned with the wrong things in life anyway), other than that I have had a few folks in the Ft Worth Area that would roll down the window if they were on the other side of the highway and stick thier arm out like the motorcyle camaraderie ((Kawasaki ZX-6R))!!! Cheers to Ft Worth .....Jeers to Dallas :-(
Old 01-22-2005, 07:16 PM
NismoChic

Old 01-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Skrill

I generally waive. Most other Z owners I see I suspect have never seen an Ultra Yellow Z -- so I seem to get their attention.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:49 PM
rolling

Originally posted by maximZ
I used to wave but after a 1:20 ratio of waves to non-waves, I gave up.

There's a new Roadster in my work parking lot that I see about once a week. I was going to leave a note but after so many "I'm not going to wave back!" experiences, my spirits have been dashed.
Max if i ever see ya out on the street ill waive 2 u

BTW the tint looks Goood
Old 01-23-2005, 12:18 AM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

when i was test driving a Z at a dealership in North Houston...i was going down I-45 south and had a PPW Z w/ nismo decals that came up on my 6 and passed me quickly.....he have me a huge thumbs up.....guess it was cuz of the dealer plates haha. actually...then I bought my Z (redline) and never had one Z or G do anything back. I like to flash the 4-ways 1 or 2 times quickly when either they pass me or I pass them......honking and brights is rude IMHO.....save that for when your pissed!
Old 01-23-2005, 03:18 AM
juan_amarro

I wave most of the time, unless I'm on the freeway and unlikely to catch the other driver at just the right moment.

Does anyone wave at 240z thru 300zx ?
Old 01-23-2005, 07:19 AM
trn

When ever i see a 350z thats close enough to wave at (not often) i'll wave, if they dont' wave back at least they are the jerk, not me

I also wave at g35c's though they never even seem to be looking my way. 300zx's i try to look at the driver to see if they are checking out my car or anything though most of the time they never see me either.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Leslie

We'll here in Vegas, had a ppw with cali tags beep and wave at us, also had a wave with a LS with temp tags, funny thing was we both slowed up to check each others Z's out and until we reached a light, then we both realize there was a Rx8 behind our 2 z's, he didnt have anywhere to go

We'll give a nod or a beep no prob
Old 01-24-2005, 05:10 AM
donricouga

I have a stock 350z and I always wave. As an aside, I saw a beautiful pearl white 350z with a top secret body kit (i think) a couple of times in the early morn around 6:30 AM. I wanted to wave but we both have tinted windows and it was night. Anyone know if this person is a member on this board? We are in North Atlanta(Suwanee).
Old 01-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Sins4u33

great topic at hand we have here...i always do my best to wave to another Z or G. I dont get as many G's as i do Z's. with the procharger in now i get twice as many people glaring and waving at me, i guess its because of the front mount. I had some pretty good waves and flashes from brights. Even across like 4 lane highways i get Z's flashing there lights at me or waving with there hands out the window. people in this area are pretty good about communication. I only tend to catch a Z or 2 on I495 that has a women driving that will never look over at me and acknowledge my presense....but hey what can u do right...

Ben Yavari
AAM
Old 01-24-2005, 09:50 AM
amallari

I did it before, but too many Zs in DC/MD/VA area. The only time I recognize them is if they flash or wave, then I wave back. The women driving Zs here in VA area don't do anything except focus on driving.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:04 AM
Sly_Z

I usually just wave.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:37 AM
RBlover69

i would def wave but there was this one jerk with a G35 coupe who was trying to race me, on the belt parkway, im like, wtf, ....dude hello, and bye man, no need to get your *** beat or show off, he was stock and brand new , and mine was new aswell, but , i wonder is there alot of rivialry between G35 users and Z users, hell, the Z is the Sport GT right and is geared to be more race inspired why the hate lol, gave him a fair wave and kept it moving as he floored it to stop 6ft in front of him lol
Old 01-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Lonerider

Originally posted by juan_amarro
I wave most of the time, unless I'm on the freeway and unlikely to catch the other driver at just the right moment.

Does anyone wave at 240z thru 300zx ?
I generally wave to any model Z car, we are all apart of the Z nation!
Old 01-25-2005, 07:47 AM
RBlover69

the Z has a great heritage , i wave at any Z
Old 01-25-2005, 09:04 AM
tburns

Question Snow/Ice

Originally posted by amallari
I did it before, but too many Zs in DC/MD/VA area. The only time I recognize them is if they flash or wave, then I wave back. The women driving Zs here in VA area don't do anything except focus on driving.
'VDC' was okay. But we all know how effective any 'control' is on 'icy pavement' right????

Turning it 'off' helped tremendously; I didn't enjoy constantly slipping' when in the vicinity of 'soft snow'. I had to park 10 feet away from my parking space at home and shovel less than 6 inches of snow/slush before I could park for the night.

Also noticed (loud tires). Not noticeable the 1st 3 months of ownership (less than 2,500 miles today). I'm not buying new tires! Any suggestions? Bridgestone/Protenza 18" stock.....