Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 10:17 PM
itburns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z Etiquette

How many of you acknowledge other Z drivers on the road with a simple nod, a thumbs up, or a wave? Corvette drivers have the etiquette of waving to each other and if one doesn't wave back that person is a jerk.

I try to acknowledge other Z drivers but they seem afraid to look over! What's up with that?

What is even more lame was the other day, as I was merging onto the 880 behind an SS, the SS just floored it so I followed. Then I passed him, I thought we were both having fun. But then I let him pass me on the left, and I looked over at him expecting him to at least give a nod and a smile, but instead he just stared forward like nothing happened. And I thought we had something there. I thought we "shared a moment" but he pretended like it never happened. I thought that was poor etiquette. Is it because my Z is modded and I hardly ever encounter any other modded Z's? Maybe the bone stock Z people are too intimidated to be cool? Do you find other modded Z people to be cool? What's the census on this?

So maybe we should act more like a community and define for ourselves what the etiquette needs to be, and spread that to all Z owners not just the ones that read this forum.

I am just one Z driver that sees a need for change.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Tattude

Unmodded Z's and any other cars for that matter don't NORMALLY wave. Modded Z owners and other car enthusists will and do wave. Not everyone is in to cars and the scene even if they drive a sports and/or modded car.

Come to Florida, I'll wave to you.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:29 PM
itburns

Originally posted by Tattude
Unmodded Z's and any other cars for that matter don't NORMALLY wave. Modded Z owners and other car enthusists will and do wave. Not everyone is in to cars and the scene even if they drive a sports and/or modded car.

Come to Florida, I'll wave to you.

Thanks Tattude. Spread the love.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:07 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alot of Z drivers I see on the road are not enthusiasts and can give a rat's *** if my car was modified or if it was a ferrari for that matter.

That's the thing with this car. It pulls in alot of "every day joes" just looking to own a decent looking sports car and that's it!

Oh well, come out to SD, I will not only wave i'd make you pull over so I could check out your Z.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:21 PM
z_drifto

I always wave and i will get an occasional wave back. Most people in Z's, if they see me, wave back. I always wave though because it shows love for people with as good of taste as I have.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:26 PM
metayeat

I passed a couple Z's this weekend on the way to Fry's... got a peace sign from the first (a Brickyard), and returned with a wave/nod.. then waved at a CS that I passed, but she just kept looking ahead... I'll be sure to wave at you guys if I see you on the road!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Z'd Up

Thumbs up

Interesting post - On my way to work this morning I rmerged on Central Express way and saw a Silver Track Z coimng up. When he caught up I nodded to him he waved and we both went on to work. It looked like he had after market suspension, either a SC or TT under the hood (w/aftermarket radiator).

I will acknowledge any Z driver out there modded or not.
We are "Z" brothers and sisters out there.

Later that day, at a local post office I had a middle age woman give me thumbs up as she drove away in her subaru legacy wagon, and a dude in an old model 4 door civic give me a thumbs up as I got back into my Z.

So for me, today was full of thumbs up and waving...

'04 DB 5AT
Kenwood DDX-7015, Kenwood KDS-P901, Kenwood KHD-CX910, Kenwood KSC-900CTR, Kenwood KFC-P605ie, Kenwood KFC-X178, JVC G Funk KS-AX7300, Power Accoustik LT620/2, with Stock Nav System
Clear Bra, Street Scene Billet Grill, Shorty Antenna, Clear Front Reflectors, Z Emblem Front Bumper Emblem
Old 01-19-2005, 02:23 AM
Sz28r

Yep - I always wave to other Z's - - - my daughter just laughs??

"Did you know that guy" - me: "nope" - - she laughs
Old 01-19-2005, 02:28 AM
FairladyZ

I quit "waving" to other 350z's I see, hardly anyone waves. Most dont even look over, they dont want you to see them looking at your car.

I do more waving, thumbs up, etc to other vehicles.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:52 AM
mdacko

i usually wave...because im so excited to see another Z on the road...

older men never wave back. younger guys usually do.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:01 AM
NoahzBurnt

I flash them.......with the brights......the other way would just be weird!!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 05:10 AM
KManZ
Banned

Going to DC last night, I was on 495 heading to the 395 N exit, and I glide past another Daytona Blue Z.. such a hot color... anyway, he/ she (hope it was a she!) was over 2 lanes behind some other cars so they didn't see me and I kept going..

A few seconds later the Z catches up and merges over beside me. For a few seconds we were cruising side by side. I wave... and I think they (hopefully a hot woman) returned the wave in kind.

I see more Z comraderie than not.. at a light or stop I always roll down the window and say whats up.

Gotta add: it was a few months ago, and I was coming home from DC after a night out.. a Redline Z and I toyed with one another.. and as we exit onto Braddock road from 495 I look over and see a hot girl at the wheel. My jaw fell into my lap.. haha we stopped in the middle of Braddock Rd and chatted for a few seconds. Retarded me didn't get her number though.

Hey, you were hot, and our cars looked good together.. lets reunite them! PM me if you read this!! haha

Last edited by KManZ; 01-19-2005 at 05:14 AM.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:22 AM
sdkone

I usually wave or nod, and if they don't respond.... I give'm Zfinger
Old 01-19-2005, 05:25 AM
SEzzz

there only five Z's at my school so we always wave at each other
Old 01-19-2005, 05:27 AM
hypeiv

I see maybe 4 other 350z's a week and only about half of them are close enough for me to wave at them. But usually they wave or wave back depending on who started it, I would say maybe 1/4 doesn't.

I have pretty much given up on the g35c waving since the people that drive those are 35+ year old business ladies driving their kids around. I sometimes wonder if they even know its the same family of car. But the two or three times I have seen a g35c with custom wheels they have been nice enough to wave.

In my area I would feel bad for corvette owners they would be waving all day around here, I see 5-6+ corvettes a day.
Old 01-19-2005, 05:47 AM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I usually wave at all those pimped out civic's with the coffee can exhaust pipes as i fly past them.

I give them something to dream about.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:14 AM
SvR350z

I dont see alot of Zs in my neck of the woods.
Might be five in the entire town if that.
Anyways, When I wave or nod most of them dont respond so I stopped bothering with it.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:50 AM
SeanG

I dont bother waving anymore either. I have never got upset at the fact that they never wave back though. The way I look at it, not everybody is into that. Some buy the car because they like the looks or the performance, but they don't have a desire to be part of any Z community.

I can respect that.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:03 AM
King Tut

I think some of you guys gotta remember that we don't all drive with our windows down and if you have tint then a wave isn't going to do anything. I have yet to see a 350Z owner wave at me, but if I do and my window is down I would gladly return the gesture. I just don't like the fact that someone would think a person is a jerk for not waving back.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:08 AM
roneski

Originally posted by SEzzz
there only five Z's at my school so we always wave at each other
Damn dude, I hope you're not talking about high school.

Quick Reply: Z Etiquette