Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

So here's my choices...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 12:10 AM
Tattude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to put 20 dollars an hour into perspective...

I'm salary non-except:
I make 22hr.
I put 70 dollars a week into my 401K and still have 2 cars, boat, house, and have lots of fun on my days off, meaning extra money to do what ever I feel like. I'm also the only income in the house.
So, this is why a call BS on a 17 year old making that kind of money at Kodak. Construction WITH a trade you can make that kind of money but with NOT very good benefits. when you said Kodak it killed your story.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:43 AM
too_fast_4_u

way too you to drive evo or Z...
Old 01-29-2005, 05:20 AM
demonx

Time to grow up, get a mans car.
Get the Z
Old 01-29-2005, 05:35 AM
BOOFER7
Banned

Originally posted by too_fast_4_u
way too you to drive evo or Z...
there's the clincher.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:01 AM
Zexy

I beg you. Please just get the EVO. Just trust me.

Last edited by Zexy; 01-29-2005 at 06:05 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:05 AM
wanderlust

I probably can't change your mind, as I remember how it was to be 17 (I wanted it ALL right now!) But seriously, and I say this from experience - just because you've got a cushy job now and things are good doesn't mean it's going to stay that way. What if you lose your 20/hr job next week? You need to be smart about this and seriously consider not blowing your entire wad on a car at this point in your life.

And if you are going to take that car to school, it WILL get backed into, keyed, and generally abused by other jealous students. Sucks, but that's what happens with nice cars on campus. And what happens when you need new tires? That's $600 to $800 bucks right there. And no, you won't get 40k miles out of them - try 15k, and you'll have to do it all over again. I won't even mention insurance for a 17 year old male...

Like I said...I know I can't change your mind. But I will put money down saying that you WILL be desperate to unload this car and get something cheaper within a year. Laugh all you want now, but I speak the truth.

<----- 30 years old, first car was a 1983 pontiac 6000 that was given to me, and I am thankful for it!! It was a POS, and I never had to worry about where I parked it. Having "worked my way up" through the years, it makes my Z so much more valuable to me.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:23 AM
pureZness

yo, trust me... you cant even buy a F*ckin' cigarret!
i know you're gonna end up with what you want... but
there's alot of sh't you have to learn with Civic first...!
Old 01-29-2005, 08:25 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez, give the kid a break; he's earned his own money.

My vote is the Zzzzz; if you get the Evo your gonna have to back up to the car so its fugly looks don't offend your eyes; that will get old!!

Do check insurance rates so you know what your getting into.

And, yes, you will have to replace the tires for Colorado winter driving.

Get the Performance, Touring 6 sp, or track because they come with VDC which is BIG safety feature for snow/ice driving.

You mention the Track model which is the most expensive. I'd suggest the Performance.......same engine & drivetrain & killer good looks but a few thousand less. That will free up $$$$ for those tires.

Whatever you get don't let your (lead) foot outrun smart thinking in driving a high powered car.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:38 AM
BOOFER7
Banned

In Colorado, I'd own a Jeep Liberty.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:58 AM
DLin05

I say if you're not worried about warranty, looks, interior, ricer boy image....get the evo
Old 01-29-2005, 09:18 AM
BOOFER7
Banned

Just get a 2K Geo Metro, put a hood scoop on it and a 3 inch fart can on it.

Then invest 10 thousand dollars in your sound system like all the other 17 year old pizza delivery kids have done in my town who drive up, and leave their gangsta rap music blasting as if I should be impressed with it.

Last edited by BOOFER7; 01-29-2005 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:38 AM
FluxedSpeed

Going with the evo, thanks all.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Losing Grip II

Default Re: So here's my choices...

Originally posted by FluxedSpeed
Ok, I'm 17 years old. Graduation is coming up, and I have 2 choices. I can get an '05 Evolution VIII, or a '05 350Z Track (300 hp). I've been working since I was pretty young and have been saving money up for the day that has come for me to decide on a new car for when I graduate from high school. I make pretty good grades, so my parents said they will help me a little on the car. Im just really split on what I want. I can get a low 13 second car, or I can get the 350z, in which I prefer the interior, and looks 50 fold over the Evo, and it still is pretty fast. I'm just looking for opinions on what people think I should do, I know this is a 350z forum so it will be biased, but I need help lol. And does anyone know how '05 track model performs compared to previous years? Thanks alot all.
I TOO came with this same dilemma. only difference was i had the Z and wanted to trade it for an Evo. i discussed this with my mom and dad and my friends. no one could really help me or rather no one gave or said anything that i already didnt know.

however, my one friend, john. whom owns a silver STi and whos brother has a DB Z gave me this tid bit of advice,

"you can always make a car fast, but you can't always make a car good looking. the Evo, YES! its fast. but is it good looking? .....maybe. the Z on the other hand is good looking but lack the speed. however if you were to compare the two side by side, both turbo'd, the Z is the car to get."

thats when i realize that id rather have a more sophisticated and more mature car that even older ppl appreciate. not only that, i realized that the potential of the Z is there or on its way i should say. having determined these two factors, it became apparent to me that if i could my Z as fast as a stock Evo. id rather have the Z.

i could get into the differences between the two wheel drive VS four, four door VS hatch back. but for my needs, i have multiple cars, i dont need the four wheel drive i have an 86' quater ton with a 350 Crate for that, and the trunk, well the truck is for that as well i guess haha.

basically i guess what i am trying to say is, look into the future and whether or not you will regret the decision you made, if not thats the car you buy.

personally i like the way the Evo looks. very nice car, or rather sedan. but it just wasn;t me. all my other cars, not including the trucks, are very low, all are two doors, all have no trunks. so if i was able to get along this well without the extra doors or trunk then i assume i will be fine the future.

just pick what YOU like and have fun man. Evo or Z, both are great cars that im sure you will not be disappointed with.

john..

btw: these are my other cars that i own.
PPW Z-2003 Daily

BB 2001 S2000-SC, and other goodies. this is the car i drive when i have the chicks or chick with me. girls LOVE convertibles. not to mention that VTEC+ 318whp+ 9000redline= holy shyt....

1997' Apline Silver TT Supra- this is my horsepower *****. 418 wheel horsepower sure does feel good.

and my truck, 1986 .25 ton with a Crate motor and new suspenion and paint. this is the ultimate beater!!!! simply put, i abuse this car to the max. only thing to brake so far, is the power steering, but thats because i dont have a shock helping. so the PS pump blows offten when i turn. (big tires)
Old 01-29-2005, 01:21 PM
pureZness

Losing Grip... you are in same situation with FLUXEDSPEED and.. you got a s2K with goodies...and hooked up TT supra! plus you have Z for daily drive. oh i for got about beater!
you must be rich as f*ck? why dont you just get a M.B. SL?
i think i gotta call it b*LLshit fool..
Old 01-29-2005, 02:31 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by FairladyZ
what he said.
+2. You definitely want the Evo. There's much more prestige in the Evo because they're harder to get and more exclusive. Get the Evo.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:23 PM
SB Track

Originally posted by pureZness
Losing Grip... you are in same situation with FLUXEDSPEED and.. you got a s2K with goodies...and hooked up TT supra! plus you have Z for daily drive. oh i for got about beater!
you must be rich as f*ck? why dont you just get a M.B. SL?
i think i gotta call it b*LLshit fool..
It's the internet, so I won't call BS here or there. BUT I must say, I would rather have an SL 55 or a Carrera Turbo instead of all those Japanese cars. As nice as Japan can make cheaper high performance cars, nothing can mess with high end German or Italian cars if you have the money. IMHO, one ultimate car would be much nicer than a few lower end cars.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:43 AM
___DJK___

Originally posted by BOOFER7
Just get a 2K Geo Metro, put a hood scoop on it and a 3 inch fart can on it.

Then invest 10 thousand dollars in your sound system like all the other 17 year old pizza delivery kids have done in my town who drive up, and leave their gangsta rap music blasting as if I should be impressed with it.
I dont really care what car this kid ends up getting, but Id like to see some more pics of the girl on your AV
Old 01-30-2005, 03:29 AM
BOOFER7
Banned

Originally posted by ___DJK___
I dont really care what car this kid ends up getting, but Id like to see some more pics of the girl on your AV
As soon as were able to post pics again I will post some full body pics of Vanessa!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:51 AM
BOOFER7
Banned

Originally posted by BOOFER7
As soon as were able to post pics again I will post some full body pics of Vanessa!
Old 01-30-2005, 08:46 AM
___DJK___

www.imageshack.us is your friend

Quick Reply: So here's my choices...