Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

So here's my choices...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 10:30 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

30 years old, first car was a 1983 pontiac 6000 that was given to me, and I am thankful for it!! It was a POS, and I never had to worry about where I parked it. .

haha my first car was an 84 Pontiac 6000 LE (two tone silver no less)

I am 24 (well 25 in a week) and i can not imagine the money these kids have. how does a kid own 4 very expensive cars? i was lucky to have parents that are pretty well off, but come on, all they gave me was a 13 year old car. no i have my BS in ME, make $43,000 and still can't afford a Z. damn college loans. wish i had everything given to me... oh well, these kids will never learn to appreciate anything, or work hard for what they want.

these kids that get cars they can't handle are the ones we read about dead or having killed someone in the paper because of an accident.

if you get either car, please join SCCA. then go to the track adn do track days. find the local autocross events and go to them. get your speed fix there, and trust me, you will become a lot better driver.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:50 PM
drivenCSZ

""And if you are going to take that car to school, it WILL get backed into, keyed, and generally abused by other jealous students. Sucks, but that's what happens with nice cars on campus. And what happens when you need new tires? That's $600 to $800 bucks right there. And no, you won't get 40k miles out of them - try 15k, and you'll have to do it all over again. I won't even mention insurance for a 17 year old male...

Like I said...I know I can't change your mind. But I will put money down saying that you WILL be desperate to unload this car and get something cheaper within a year. Laugh all you want now, but I speak the truth.""

NOPE, you dont speak the truth wanderlust....Im 20 now but got my Z as a freshman in college at 18. Im not overly rich, neither are my parents but made a deal that I would pay for school and they would buy the car(people always ask me how I have such a nice car, but then dont think twice about the fact that their parents are shelling out 15k every year for college....granted I do know many hardworking kids who pay for both) I had a decent life savings for college, go to an instate school and have some scholarship $$. Ive had my car for 2 years now and wouldnt dream of selling it. I park my car on campus almost everyday and havent had one problem with it getting damaged, the worst on my car is a few rock chips on the hood(BTW my Z is VIN #189 so its pretty old now). As for other expenses, yea there are some but if your smart it isnt too bad. I have stock 17's and when my tires started going aroun 18k I bought a whole new set of stock wheels and tires(with 2k miles) off this forum for $400, turned around and sold my old wheels for $300. I live in NJ and have to deal with the winters, but i didnt spend $800 on snow tires, I make due when I cant drive the Z, bumming rides and what not, as long as its dry out though the stocks work fine in 20 degree weather. Ive never gotten into trouble in the car, no tickets, no accidents. So The Z can be a good car for a younger person, they just have to be responsible about it.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Rayden2001

1.Style and some speed=350z
or its
2.A cool looking sedan with alot more speed=Evo...and also not breaking your wallet to make it faster.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:20 PM
Racer Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by FluxedSpeed
Going with the evo, thanks all.
I KNEW IT.....He's 17 and can't RESIST the RICER BOY Ride With The HUGE Whack-Azz Spoiler (Mitsu Evo).

He's WAAAY too young to appreciate the Z anyway...Send that child to the Mitsu Evo Forum....LOL
Old 01-30-2005, 09:14 PM
SB Track

Originally posted by Racer Z
I KNEW IT.....He's 17 and can't RESIST the RICER BOY Ride With The HUGE Whack-Azz Spoiler (Mitsu Evo).

He's WAAAY too young to appreciate the Z anyway...Send that child to the Mitsu Evo Forum....LOL
lol. Nice call. Props to all the other guys who called it too. Just fits the mold that the EVO is the teenage kid car.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:11 PM
pacificwindsurf

Wow, when I was your age a drove a junky Mustang with a guttless engine. Like others have said, unless you already have college paid for, you should be more concerned about school at your age.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:20 PM
wanderlust

Originally posted by drivenCSZ
So The Z can be a good car for a younger person, they just have to be responsible about it.
Absolutely, I don't disagree with you there. It just that we see posts with the subject line, "Sorry guys, gotta sell my Z", waaayy too often. 9 times out of 10, it's a young kid who can't afford it or needs something more practical.

Happy to hear you're having fun in the Z!
Old 01-31-2005, 07:13 PM
columbian frldy

i dont have to worry my daddy pays for my Z and my insurance...HAAHAHAHA!!!! i think you older guys are just jealous cuz you werent spoiled as a kid...
Old 01-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Acree

Originally posted by columbian frldy
i dont have to worry my daddy pays for my Z and my insurance...HAAHAHAHA!!!! i think you older guys are just jealous cuz you werent spoiled as a kid...
man no reason to be a lil b**** about it. you're the reason why the older crowd brands younger people like you and me bratts. am i spoiled? yeah, but i worked and STILL am working my *** off for this car. i'm paying for as much of it as i can while being a full time student in ALL HONORS classes with a 32k finance. man, why dont u show a lil gratitude and not fit the mold of a spoiled lil b****. it pisses me off that you just go off and rub it in their faces. maybe they COULDN'T afford it as a kid. maybe their parents worked 2 jobs each just so they could f****** eat. i mean damnit, i just turned 18 a month ago and i have more maturity than you will at 30. lil punk.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:15 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

thank you 350ZTT.

that is the point most of us are making. yes i grew up with a nice house, great parents, and they are pretty well off, but i never had everything given to me on a golden spoon. that 84 Pontismack 6000? i still gave my dad $500 for it.

columbian a$$- be greatful that your parents are nice enough, and have the means to help you out. there are a lot of people out there that can't do that. but don't take it for granted. try someday working for what you want. it is much more gratifying to see that car in the driveway, and the fruits of your hard work pay off in something like a nice car, house, stereo, tv.
it is people like you that give the younger generation a bad name. someday maybe you will realize how lucky you are. i still had it pretty good, and took me going to college to realize how really lucky i was. that my parents were there for me when i needed them, would give a little towards tuition. hopefully someday you will grow up and realize this as well.

do i wish i could afford a $30,000 car? yes i do. am i jealous of people like you? absolutely not. the pride i have, and the joy of paying for your own things, for working those extra 20 hours a week for 6 months to afford an engine swap. that is what makes buying and building cars worth it. the first time down the strip when i went from a 16 second car to a 12 second car made all that extra work and penny pinching worth it. does only owning boring maximas suck? yes. but they are still a lot nicer than most of the cars on the road. and when i can afford the nice new car that i want, driving the maxima's for a while will be well worth it. knowing that I own the cars. that I paid for it.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:20 AM
FairladyZ

Why did you sell them?
Old 02-01-2005, 05:28 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

my MR2's? i sold the black one because i was graduating college, and was moving to colorado for my new job- which had me traveling all week every week and i didn't want to deal with moving 1200 miles and trying to get two cars and a moving van out there.

i sold the red one because some guy offered me almost twice what it was worth, and like hell i was going to pass on that offer. plus it was a good way of paying off a big chunk of my student loans, and after building, racing and driving mr2's for 6 years, i decided it was time to start saving for a house, and eventually a new car (Z). and it worked out well, because 6 months later, i ended up moving back to the chicago area for a new job, and i was sick of paying people off so i could pass emissions
Old 02-01-2005, 09:20 AM
capnfrantic

Let your parents pay for college. You pay for the car. JMO
Old 02-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Bird_Dog0347

At the end of the day, even the base model Z is still a Z and get's respected.... But an EVO..... at the end of the day it is still a Lancer. A little econo-box POS that without a turbo and crappy little wheels and interior. The EVO is not a true sports car, sure it might be a little faster, but throw a turbo on a Z and watch it smoke the EVO, AND look far better doing it. Apples to Oranges man, one has a turbo the other does not, one has 4 doors and seats, the other has 2 of each. Your choice man, but I say get the Z.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Losing Grip II

Originally posted by pureZness
Losing Grip... you are in same situation with FLUXEDSPEED and.. you got a s2K with goodies...and hooked up TT supra! plus you have Z for daily drive. oh i for got about beater!
you must be rich as f*ck? why dont you just get a M.B. SL?
i think i gotta call it b*LLshit fool..
call it what you may. as for why i dont own a MB. i cant afford one. however parents can! so you call BS all you want. ill post pics, if that will do any good, and youll see.

john

actually just give me your email address. ill send you some pics, or just ask Dank311. hes on there boards. hes seen pics of the cars, ask him. fool...

Last edited by Losing Grip II; 02-01-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:52 PM
topfri

Get the EVO away from it's all wheel drive 0' to 60' launch and it's not really faster than a Z, in my experience, especially over 100mph, I know I've messed with a few on the open road. When his boost came in he got a half a car ahead but didn't pull another inch on me to 135. But like has been said a couple more pounds of boost which can be done cheap and I'm toast...but his engine will be toast long before mine.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:40 PM
Racer Z
Banned

If this kid is 17, he'll blow out the Turbo in the Mitsu EVO after 1-2 years, maybe less.....since we all know he'll be street racing every chance he gets!

So HOW does a college kid with NO income AFFORD to replace or fix a turbo??
Old 02-08-2005, 05:11 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

his parents probably....... hell they are buying him the damn car
Old 02-08-2005, 06:45 AM
topfri

and God help you getting a warranty claim with Mitsu, they are the worlds worst denying claims
Old 02-08-2005, 07:08 AM
zmespeed

i have nothing to say.

Last edited by zmespeed; 02-08-2005 at 07:23 AM.

Quick Reply: So here's my choices...