Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Picked up my track model yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 10:06 AM
Jumpman--Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the car at Chris Posey Nissan in Laurel, MS.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:39 AM
Jumpman--Z

Well, they say you can learn a lot from a dummy. I have a friend who's had three wrecks in the last year. I figure, whatever he does, I shoudn't do (burnouts, turning corners at 60mph, etc.). He's about to get a Stratus R/T, so I guess I'll get to learn from more of his mistakes. I guess it'll be kinda like watching the filming of one of those Red Asphalt tapes. Just kidding, but I know he's going to have another wreck.
Old 11-13-2002, 10:45 AM
fanatic6711

All of you KIDS on this board need to go work washing dishes for minimum wage for a few years and invest your money in your car. Then, work your way in to a top school and get a really good job; like I did in SPORTS! ONLY then will you apperciate your ride. After the intitial effect of having a badass ride wears off, you'll probably treat it like ****. Too bad. And I don't care about what you say about being careful, or not racing or whatever. You're buddies will call you a ***** if you don't and you'll fold to the peer pressure. Everyone does it. And if you say you won't, your just lying to yourself. Every kid does stupid ****. I did plenty of them. But I'm glad I didn't have a nice car to fool around with when I was that age. ****, I wouldn't even park that in the school parking lot. People will get jealous or just plain dumb and bang their car doors into yours. Or the party dents/scratches. Can you post the damage pics when it happens? Would love to see them.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:40 AM
Zedagive

Default My concern was that he said he "earned it".

My concern was that he said he "earned it".
Leave the kid alone. I'm sure he takes the garbage out and cleans his room once a week. Right?
Old 11-13-2002, 12:01 PM
Jumpman--Z

All of you KIDS on this board need to go work washing dishes for minimum wage for a few years and invest your money in your car. Then, work your way in to a top school and get a really good job; like I did in SPORTS! ONLY then will you apperciate your ride. After the intitial effect of having a badass ride wears off, you'll probably treat it like ****. Too bad. And I don't care about what you say about being careful, or not racing or whatever. You're buddies will call you a ***** if you don't and you'll fold to the peer pressure. Everyone does it. And if you say you won't, your just lying to yourself. Every kid does stupid ****. I did plenty of them. But I'm glad I didn't have a nice car to fool around with when I was that age. ****, I wouldn't even park that in the school parking lot. People will get jealous or just plain dumb and bang their car doors into yours. Or the party dents/scratches. Can you post the damage pics when it happens? Would love to see them.
No, I have already invested my money in something more profitable than my car. Once I reach my goals, then maybe I'll start spending a lot on my car. As for my "buddies," they care more about a car's sound system than how quick it goes from 0-60 or how much displacement an engine has. If I feel the need to impress them, I'll turn up the music. Hopefully, I won't have to deal with people scratching my car. I think they'd rather scratch up up my classmate's Cadillac Deville, or the $40k Lincoln. And I don't go to parties. I don't have any damage pics to post, so I'll post some more pics of the car in its current condition:

Old 11-13-2002, 12:06 PM
Jumpman--Z

Old 11-13-2002, 05:17 PM
ksj

Congrats on the car. It looks great.

Don't let all the naysayers get you down. I have two 16 YO nephews I would trust to drive my car anytime. They are responsible, polite, have great friends and are good students.

Then again I have other relatives that are 40+ that are irresponsible, obnoxious, have idiots for friends and have made no effort to suceed in life. They still think at some point it'll be handed to them through their latest scheme. I wouldn't let them drive my car for any reason...

Just remember your responsibilities when the guys (and girls) that aren't your friends are trying to coax you into something that you shouldn't do and you'll be fine. Peer pressure has caused more than one person to do stupid things, and age has nothing to do with that.

Anyway, good luck, enjoy it and of course, be careful!
Old 11-13-2002, 09:04 PM
raceboy
Banned

Just be careful man. BTW, that car looks familiar????
Old 11-13-2002, 09:36 PM
Hereje0

how's delivering chinese food for a crappy job to pay the bills through high school? 2 years of delivering mandarin chicken and fried rice in a pos corolla full time and saving all of my money except for what i needed to pay insurance and buy food with and now i'll be getting my base z soon. Only reason i'll be able to manage is because i'm making at least as much on the side with artwork. Personally, i'd feel guilty if my parents gave me a 34k car. Something just doesnt seem right about that, but to each his own. That is a damn fine looking car, enjoy it
Old 11-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Jumpman--Z

Thanks, I will definitely take good care of the car.

I'm not sure what the insurance is but they took a bit off (probably not much) because I had a good GPA.