Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Canada TSB's & issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002 | 03:01 PM
ballz

Originally posted by vanstorm16
A quick note. I picked up my Z finally last night. I've fooled around with the stereo both with the radio and CD at many different volume levels and audio settings and haven't had any problems with the auto-volume or muddy bass. I'm hoping I received the fix in production.
Congrats man.. The wait is finally over. What ya think?
Old 11-13-2002 | 06:32 PM
vanstorm16

Oh man, what can I say that hasn't already been said? Its everything that I hoped for. I've been able to put 250 km's on it in just over a day. When I picked it up, I went for a long, long drive before taking her home for the night. At first I was pretty overwhelmed with the whole thing. I was kinda nervous at first getting a feel for the car but that didn't take too long.

The stereo still sounds great so I'm guessing I received one with the fix already installed. No crazy volume changes or anything like that. I can tell that she really wants to go and rev but we'll wait 'til 2000 km's for that. I have to keep a close eye on the speedo since I've noticed my speed getting up there a couple of times. It almost feels like the rest of the cars on the road are driving really slow or something. The seats are a little stiff or tight right now but I'm sure they break in just like the rest of the car. They do wrap around very well and hold you in place which I like a lot. I was a bit worried about how the orange glow was going to look on the dash gauges but I think it looks really good and aggressive.

I just can't get over the amount of looks you get while driving. Everywhere I go, people are staring and pointing and giving the thumbs up. I was at lunch today with a friend and the host at the front counter of the restaurant (Danny's Wonton, highly recommended!) made me take him out and show him the car! He was looking into getting a Cadillac CTS but wanted something with more power. I can't say I didn't mind showing her off though!

I've got a whole bunch of appointments with customers tomorrow so that means lot of driving. I can't wait!

Old 11-13-2002 | 08:53 PM
Canadian350Z

Congrats vanstorm,

A long time coming!!! Enjoy!
Old 11-14-2002 | 03:47 PM
jozero

Default In Edmonton with the Z

Hello,

I have a 3 week old Z in Edmonton.

First thing I did was get Pirelli WinterSport
tires, which took a week to arrive. Ride is
much better.

The VDC is a bit annoying, my previous
car was a 92 240. I enjoyed the way I could
slide it around in the winter to take sharp
slow speed turns.

I do have the Bose problem, easily the biggest
dissapointment with the care. The bass and volume is all over the place.

I LOVE how fast it heats up. Though I find
the seat warmers too localized to one area.
Not sure about leather seats, I hope they get a lot more comfortable. I would chosen the sticky fabric if it was an option.

Overall, absolutaly love the car. Beatiful design
and ride.

Jot
Old 11-26-2002 | 07:38 AM
Punjabi

Unhappy Hey Guyz I got some Tire Issues

I just wanted to ask some you guys that are driving you car in winter as to what you did for winter tires. My car will be here in a couple weeks and I will need some winter tires as I live in Edmonton, Alberta and there is no way that I am driving with summer tires unless I want to kill myself. I went yesterday to look for some tires but no company makes 225/45R18 and 245/45R18. So I called Nissan Canada and got the ******** answer I was expecting that Nissan is aware and lookin into the problem and if I go with 225/ all aorund it will void my warranty. So if anyone can be of help it will be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-26-2002 | 10:10 AM
sov

Yeah, I tired driving in Edmonton a couple weeks ago with the snow, could not get out of my neighbourhood, not traction at all. My buddy had to push it back into the garage