Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Canada TSB's & issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002 | 05:58 AM
bobbyz

Default Canada TSB's & issues

Hey fellow Canadians. Just wanted to know if anyone has gotten their Bose stereo fixed yet. Also wanted to know if any Canadians had any other problems, and how the dealerhas handled it. I plan on getting my Bose fixed in about a month with my frist oil change. My tranny is almost perfect. I just get a tiny bit of a crunch every few 1-2 shifts. Its only 1-2 and yes, the clutch is flat on the floor. I dont know if this is a problem that will clear itself up as it get broken in, but I'll keep you posted.
Old 11-11-2002 | 06:31 AM
belkmike

I don't understand why there is so much variability in the clutch and shifting. Everyone who has driven mine has raved about the clutch and shifter. My clutch engages in the top 1/3 of travel which where I like it. The gears are easier to engage then my M3. You would think there would be very little differences in the manufacturing and assembly process. I guess this is why people wait until the second model year.

If you want to meet sometime and try each others cars I would be willing. If you like mine and your dealer gives you a hard time, we could use mine as a benchmark.

Mike
Old 11-11-2002 | 06:42 AM
zmut

Default Canada

No major problems. My dealer has not received the tsb on the Bose yet. I will be storing the vehicle within days so I will wait til spring. My passenger visor rattles but I will wait on that as well. I got rid of the noise by placing a piece of paper under the flip up mirror.
Old 11-11-2002 | 07:03 AM
bobbyz

Hey Mike.
I may just have to take you up on that offer IF it continues and IF my dealer gives the common "I dont feel anything strange".
Thanks. Only thing is that it is only the 1-2 shifts and sometimes it will happen two shifts in a row and other times I can go 15 1-2 shifts without it happening. I only have 1200km's on my car so maybe it will smooth out. I have yet to shift above 4,000rpm, but will do so in a few hunderd KM's and let you know how that goes.
Old 11-11-2002 | 11:44 AM
vanstorm16

After reading the service bulletin that was posted around here somewhere, I found my VIN didn't fall into those listed on the bulletin. I'm wondering if the fix was already done at the factory in the case of the later model VIN's (mines 7400+). I'm picking my Z up tomorrow (its finally in!) and am VERY interested in seeing if mine's all messed up as well.
Old 11-11-2002 | 12:10 PM
fatZo

I took my Z to the dealer for the first oil change (after 2,500km) this morning. I did complain about the defective BOSE amplifier and they told me they would look into it. They advised that they were not aware of a TSB. I will keep you all posted ...

Besides the problematic BOSE amplifier, I personally don't find anything wrong with the car. In fact, I took a long trip this past weekend and the car performed superbly. At 220 km/h, there was still plenty of juice left! Thank you Nissan for engineering such a wonderful car.

Bobbyz, midway through the break-in, I notice that the trasmission getting notchy between 1 > 2 gear, especially in cold weather. This problem (if you could call it so) is less pronounced after the break-in and has been somewhat reduced over time. Don't forget that the car has lots of low-end torque, which puts a bit of a strain on the transmission at lower gears.
Old 11-11-2002 | 12:14 PM
can350z

Default VIN #'s

Canadian vin's are different than US numbers... The TSB will make it through Nissan Canada eventually... Just ask your Service Manager to keep an eye out for it....
No tranny problems for me... 1900km on car...parked for winter...
Just waiting for good mods at the right price...

R
Old 11-11-2002 | 06:50 PM
Canadian350Z

Hey!

Told dealer about TSB. Said the one I showed them was for the US. Still waiting for the Canadian version. I'll be driving hopefully until the end of November then away until spring.

The car has been performing excellent across the board (aside from the BOSE thing).

Rec'd a few things from Courtesy.... Nismo oil cap & rad cap, rear luggage mat... they threw in a hat and Nismo keychain (thanks guys!!)

I wanted some "Z-Wear" and, after the dealer said that there will be little, if any, of the cool stuff coming to Canada I decided to make some myself.... took a floormat into my embroider and they lifted the stitching....

Will have some clothing articles ready very soon...

Currently have prototypes of:

: Black fleece pullover, 1/4 zipper with logo on back at the base of neck.
: Black ball cap with logo on front (thinking of running one with the logo on the back...)
: Sleeveless vest, combination of fleece and "quilting" over the shoulders, black, Z logo on back at base of neck....

I think I might try and sell some of these things....

Potential Pricing: (CDN funds)
Fleece Pullover: $45 to $55
Hat: $15 to $18
Vest: $45 to $55...

I think.....
Old 11-12-2002 | 06:17 AM
fatZo

Originally posted by fatZo
I took my Z to the dealer for the first oil change (after 2,500km) this morning. I did complain about the defective BOSE amplifier and they told me they would look into it. They advised that they were not aware of a TSB. I will keep you all posted ...
As a follow-up to my previous post, I picked up the car last night. On the service report, it said that the Dealer could not duplicate my concerns about the BOSE system, so they didn't do anything about it. Hopefully once the TSB gets out in Canada, we'll have some ammunition to make sure the Dealers address this problem.

The tire pressure indicator now shows 32psi for front tires, and 30psi for rear tires. Does this sound right? I suspect the Dealer has checked the tire pressures, as it's stated so on the service report and I don't get the tire pressure warning when it's cold.
Old 11-12-2002 | 10:28 AM
can350z

Default Tire pressure....

Step one.... Buy yourself a quality tire press guage...
Step two... 350z cold tire press is 35 psi....front and rear...
Step three... Check your tire pressure weekly with guage..
Step four... 350z tire press indication is for reference only...
Step five.... enjoy the ride.........

Old 11-12-2002 | 11:23 AM
acid burn

I'm up to 7,000 kms already, and the gear shifting just keeps getting smoother. It still is a bit rough in 3-4 shifts once in a while.

Canadian350Z please post back when you have your clothing items for sale. I am thinking about the fleece pullover. How about a leather jacket?
Old 11-12-2002 | 11:44 AM
fatZo

Default Re: Tire pressure....

Originally posted by can350z
Step one.... Buy yourself a quality tire press guage...
I have a top of the line tire pressure gauge that I frequently use on my bike

Step two... 350z cold tire press is 35 psi....front and rear...
yes, but prior to service, the tire pressure warning light would come on at below 30psi (when the outside temp was cold) ... I wonder if the dealer has recalibrated the sensor

Step three... Check your tire pressure weekly with guage..
I will, I promise!

Step four... 350z tire press indication is for reference only...
but the tire pressure warning is annoying

Step five.... enjoy the ride.........
only at the right tire pressure!
Old 11-12-2002 | 03:05 PM
can350z

Default Low press indicator light

This comes in at 28psi... Strange that yours is on when your pressure is 35 psi cold... A few Dealers have forgotten to activate the valve stems as part of the PDI... But seems like this was completed on your car... Perhaps time to investigate the re-calibration..... Good luck....

R

<Dealers!!!
Old 11-12-2002 | 03:13 PM
phreezee

Originally posted by Canadian350Z

Rec'd a few things from Courtesy.... Nismo oil cap & rad cap, rear luggage mat... they threw in a hat and Nismo keychain (thanks guys!!)

I wanted some "Z-Wear" and, after the dealer said that there will be little, if any, of the cool stuff coming to Canada I decided to make some myself.... took a floormat into my embroider and they lifted the stitching....

Will have some clothing articles ready very soon...

Currently have prototypes of:

: Black fleece pullover, 1/4 zipper with logo on back at the base of neck.
: Black ball cap with logo on front (thinking of running one with the logo on the back...)
: Sleeveless vest, combination of fleece and "quilting" over the shoulders, black, Z logo on back at base of neck....

I think I might try and sell some of these things....

Potential Pricing: (CDN funds)
Fleece Pullover: $45 to $55
Hat: $15 to $18
Vest: $45 to $55...

I think.....
Didn't you mind their $55 US S&H fee? I was gonna order, but I'm waiting to see if my dealership can order these things for me.
Old 11-12-2002 | 03:39 PM
icepig

acid burn,

You're still driving in Calgary? You have some winter tires? The stock summer tires are completely useless (well, worse than that) on any snow or ice. I plan on very rare driving until March.
Old 11-12-2002 | 08:25 PM
Canadian350Z

Hey acid burn,

I should have the hat pics up tomorrow as well as the fleece. As far a leather jackets, shouldn't be a problem, we just need to find the style of jacket you want and apply the logo... i'm thinking of doing that myself... sweeeet

Hey phreezee,

S&H, yeah a little... but hey.... I have em.....

Cheers,
Old 11-12-2002 | 09:38 PM
acid burn

I was still driving last week, but this week I'm driving the other car. I looked around for some 17 inch rims for the winter, but I couldn't find any I liked. I'm not going to put crap wheels on the car just to drive it, that would look really bad! I might as well just drive my other car (it's a real piece of crap! ) because it looks really bad as it is. I'll buy the rims later -- the local tuner spent last week at SEMA, so they should be coming up with something.

Canadian350Z, for a leather jacket I was thinking of one that comes down the waist. Maybe a 4 inch Z at the top middle of the back and a 2 inch Z on the front left chest? On some heavy black leather with a bit of "orange peel" to it?
Old 11-12-2002 | 10:40 PM
sov

Hey, I'm in Edmonton and I saw a guy still driving his CS today, stock tires as well. I parked mine since last Thursday.
Old 11-13-2002 | 09:44 AM
vanstorm16

A quick note. I picked up my Z finally last night. I've fooled around with the stereo both with the radio and CD at many different volume levels and audio settings and haven't had any problems with the auto-volume or muddy bass. I'm hoping I received the fix in production.
Old 11-13-2002 | 10:11 AM
fatZo

Originally posted by vanstorm16
A quick note. I picked up my Z finally last night. I've fooled around with the stereo both with the radio and CD at many different volume levels and audio settings and haven't had any problems with the auto-volume or muddy bass. I'm hoping I received the fix in production.
Congrats! The faulty amplifier on the earlier Zs is quite noticeable, and the problem is probably addressed at the Factory for the later Zs such as yours.

Enjoy you Z, it's a great car!

Quick Reply: Canada TSB's & issues