Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
View Poll Results: What should the sentence be for the "keyers"??
Let them go, they are just jealous
1.12%
Throw them in jail until they can pay for the damage
27.32%
Throw them to the fires of hell
7.06%
Get in your Z and run them over......multiple times
6.32%
Cut off their sack and shove it down their throats, and then kick their ass......multiple times
58.18%
Voters: 538. You may not vote on this poll

The sentence of a convicted "keyer"

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 03:47 PM
TriX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by lyonsd
So what if you catch somebody in the act of keying your car, and you go to kick his ***, but it turns out he's a kung fu expert and proceeds to beat the living chit out of you?
Here is what I would do.
Attached Thumbnails The sentence of a convicted "keyer"-mb.jpg  
Old 11-13-2002, 05:26 PM
STLZ
Banned

Default my car was defaced

i posted that my car was drenched in eggs and syurp and keyed. You do not understand how pissed off I was. I wanted to sleep in my car with my GLOCK waiting for someone to walk by at the wrong time and see me unleash a hell of flurry on someone. I was pissed for days and I am still pissed. I would shoot the persons unit off. I can't stress that this **** is the lowest thing to do. MURDER that is all I can say.
Old 11-13-2002, 07:30 PM
WashUJon

Originally posted by 350zSpeedRacer
Yeah, I never liked those girly chicks who liked pink stuff, and wanted to go shopping in those crowded malls. I'd much rather be under a car, workin hard to make it fast as *****!
Are you married??? lol

j/k

Old 11-14-2002, 02:27 PM
Jumpman--Z

I'm going to Niketown to buy a nice baseball bat so that I beat the crap out of anyone I catch keying my car. Or, I might just carve the letter Z on their body. I just want to make sure that they have to pay the same amount to get their body fixed as I will have to get my car fixed.

I really wouldn't want to do this to anyone, but I feel that if they think I deserve to have to fork up $1000 to get my car fixed, then they deserve to pay the same amount to get their face put back together.
Old 11-15-2002, 03:04 AM
ttheisen93

Angry Justified Keying

Call this the case of the justified keying... It was 1987 and I had just purchased my first car, an 87 red Nissan Sentra. I lovingly washed and waxed that car on a regular basis, and always parked out in the last space of any parking lot, to avoid door dings, which were even worse then with all the left over 70s era Cadillacs with 7' doors. I had gone to the Louisville, KY airport to drop my girlfriend's mother before a flight. The Louisville airport doesn't really have a parking garage, just a medium sized parking lot that was three-quarters empty that day. I of course parked out in the last spot, about 30 spaces from where the bulk of the cars were parked, and I even parked well to the outside of that spot, just in case. Well, when I came out of the airport, there was one other car parked out that far, a POS blue chevy ciera or something similar. It was parked, not even in the space next to mine, but halfway into my space, in the room left from me parking so far over. I knew to expect the worst, and when I got to my car there was a big blue mark on the door, and his doors were missing blue paint on the edges from all the other cars he had dinged. Well, needless to say I was pretty pissed, and instead of waiting around to kick his *** or call the cops, revenge mode kicked in and I and wrote "Dick" on his passenger side door with my key. Definitely not the most mature thing to do, but he blatantly went out of his way to ding a car that had parked well away from the others, trying to avoid the usual 80 year olds in Caddies with their 7' doors. You don't usually have someone stupid enough to on-purpose ding your ride, and leave their car there for you to see.
Old 11-15-2002, 06:52 AM
WashUJon

Default Re: Justified Keying

Originally posted by ttheisen93
Call this the case of the justified keying... It was 1987 and I had just purchased my first car, an 87 red Nissan Sentra. I lovingly washed and waxed that car on a regular basis, and always parked out in the last space of any parking lot, to avoid door dings, which were even worse then with all the left over 70s era Cadillacs with 7' doors. I had gone to the Louisville, KY airport to drop my girlfriend's mother before a flight. The Louisville airport doesn't really have a parking garage, just a medium sized parking lot that was three-quarters empty that day. I of course parked out in the last spot, about 30 spaces from where the bulk of the cars were parked, and I even parked well to the outside of that spot, just in case. Well, when I came out of the airport, there was one other car parked out that far, a POS blue chevy ciera or something similar. It was parked, not even in the space next to mine, but halfway into my space, in the room left from me parking so far over. I knew to expect the worst, and when I got to my car there was a big blue mark on the door, and his doors were missing blue paint on the edges from all the other cars he had dinged. Well, needless to say I was pretty pissed, and instead of waiting around to kick his *** or call the cops, revenge mode kicked in and I and wrote "Dick" on his passenger side door with my key. Definitely not the most mature thing to do, but he blatantly went out of his way to ding a car that had parked well away from the others, trying to avoid the usual 80 year olds in Caddies with their 7' doors. You don't usually have someone stupid enough to on-purpose ding your ride, and leave their car there for you to see.
I had someone do something even dumber, if you could believe it.

I had just pulled into the parking garage where I lived in college and parked my car. I sat in the car for about 5 minutes fiddling with the radio. A car pulls up into the driver's side parking space next to my car. Next thing I know the passenger of the other car slams his door into mine HARD. I mean, it shook my whole car! Now, I had been leaning over the center console, but after that, I shot straight up and glared right at the dumbass in the passenger seat of the other car. I witnessed his face turn white with fear. He closed his door and I opened mine and casually got out of my car. Talk about revenge mode. I sure understand that kind of adrenaline. I'm not a hothead or the fighting type (in spite of years of training, I still hate fighting), but I let the kid get out. I said, "what the hell is your problem?" in a very calm voice. He muttered some profanity at me and I lost it. I grabbed the guy by the collar, pushed him up against his buddy's car and used my arm to secure his neck, my other arm free. I don't remember exactly what I said to him at this point because the temper was flaring (a rarity for me, really), but it was something along the lines of how dumb he was and how I should take the damage out on his ***, etc. The poor schmuck didn't do anything and I came to my senses again pretty quickly, so I let him go. His buddy apologized to me and stayed to look over the damage to my car with me. The kid that slammed the door into mine took off pretty fast. There was a pretty good dent in my door from that jagoff. At least the driver was concerned and understood my anger, but I wasn't going to hold him responsible. I just ended up getting the dent pulled by a friend at a body shop.

What a dumbass, though. He was so careless. I bet he isn't careless like that anymore, though. I'm a pretty patient guy, but I tend to get touchy with stupidity... lol
Old 11-15-2002, 07:07 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by WashUJon
Are you married??? lol

j/k

Not for another 4 months! Whatchya got in mind?!?!? LOL!

P.S. I used to carry my softball bat and glove (so it wouldn't be thought of as a weapon) in my cars, just in case someone decided they wanted to be a dumbass and deface my vehicle! You don't mess with this chick's ride!
Old 11-15-2002, 07:15 AM
RODiculouZ

Wow WashUJon, what self control! If that happened to any of my cars and the guy that did it wasn't apologetic and started saying profanity back at me, I would have pulled a can of whoop-*** on his sorry self. A person just has no right to do that and not be apologetic. I guess it was a good thing though that you decided not to kick the living **** outta him and just teach him a lesson.

Hope that doesn't happen again, especially in your Z
Old 11-15-2002, 07:20 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by RODiculouZ
Wow WashUJon, what self control! If that happened to any of my cars and the guy that did it wasn't apologetic and started saying profanity back at me, I would have pulled a can of whoop-*** on his sorry self. A person just has no right to do that and not be apologetic. I guess it was a good thing though that you decided not to kick the living **** outta him and just teach him a lesson.

My temper might be proportional to my cost. The car in question was a '91 Toyota Celica GT-S that I paid about 10k for. It wasn't in perfect condition in '97, but it was in pretty good shape. If someone did that to my brand new 30k dollar Z, I might seriously lose all control. As I said, I'm a relatively calm individual, but I'm not sure how I'd take that happening to my Z.

I think the fact that the kid nearly pissed in his pants sort of made me feel sorry for him. I really hate hurting people and its part of my life's philosophy to settle disputes without people getting hurt, but I'm human. I have feelings and a temper just like anyone else. Sometimes its hard to stay compassionate. Believe me...
Old 11-15-2002, 07:23 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by 350zSpeedRacer
Not for another 4 months! Whatchya got in mind?!?!? LOL!

P.S. I used to carry my softball bat and glove (so it wouldn't be thought of as a weapon) in my cars, just in case someone decided they wanted to be a dumbass and deface my vehicle! You don't mess with this chick's ride!
Damn. The good ones are always taken! lol

That's the story of my life...

Old 11-15-2002, 07:27 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by WashUJon
Damn. The good ones are always taken! lol

That's the story of my life...

You shoulda been around in high school! I rarely had a date b/c I was just "one of the guys!" Oh well, their loss. LOL
Old 11-16-2002, 12:35 PM
cotmfk

Originally posted by RODiculouZ

true, I would have at least made sure that the guy paid for it... if not more.
Old 11-16-2002, 07:03 PM
WashUJon

Originally posted by cotmfk
true, I would have at least made sure that the guy paid for it... if not more.
The damage wasn't too bad. The paint was barely scuffed and there was about a baseball sized dent. The driver of the car actually offered to give the guy's name and number, but I figured I'd leave it alone. I doubt I could have gotten anything out of him, and had I tried, he probably would have had me charged with assault. I just took the car to a buddy of mine who ran a body shop and he pulled out the dent for nothing. As I said, the car was about 7 years old and although the paint was in great shape, I wasn't too upset about a tiny scuff. I was mostly upset about the principle of the thing. You know how that goes...
Old 11-17-2002, 06:06 AM
devaraj

I parked my wife's little Toyota Echo in the lot behind my work location three days after we bought it - - and it was keyed from front to back. This is a stinkin' $12,000 car.

I am really concerened about parking my new Z there even though there have been no vandalism incidents since then. I am probably going to use a car cover whenever I am parked in this lot. I am also going to decrease the deductible amount on the comprehensive section of my car insurance.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:57 AM
futuredeadguy

Default The Sentence

Death by Pressure Washer

Dead
Old 11-17-2002, 09:04 AM
futuredeadguy

Default Keyers might have other reasons

No doubt that most people who do this stuff are just jealous a'holes, but I am reminded of somethat happened when I lived in Charlotte in the late 80s.

There was a month long spree of people getting their windshields broken late at night - mostly in apartment complexes.

The police finally caught up with the guys who were doing it. Turned out they worked for an auto glass repair shop. The local newspaper went after the guys pretty hard. Their shop went out of business shortly afterward.

Sometimes, there is justice.

Dead
Old 11-17-2002, 10:45 AM
devaraj

Default Re: Keyers might have other reasons

[i]Originally posted by futuredeadguy

The police finally caught up with the guys who were doing it. Turned out they worked for an auto glass repair shop. The local newspaper went after the guys pretty hard. Their shop went out of business shortly afterward.

It is great karma that the offending shop went out of business, but the folks who had their windows broken still had to shell out a lot of $$$. Usually damage like this is under your insurance deductible, so it is out of your pocket. This is a darn shame.
Old 11-17-2002, 11:47 AM
WashUJon

Default Re: Keyers might have other reasons

Originally posted by futuredeadguy
No doubt that most people who do this stuff are just jealous a'holes, but I am reminded of somethat happened when I lived in Charlotte in the late 80s.

There was a month long spree of people getting their windshields broken late at night - mostly in apartment complexes.

Dead

Holy crap...