Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
View Poll Results: What should the sentence be for the "keyers"??
Let them go, they are just jealous
1.12%
Throw them in jail until they can pay for the damage
27.32%
Throw them to the fires of hell
7.06%
Get in your Z and run them over......multiple times
6.32%
Cut off their sack and shove it down their throats, and then kick their ass......multiple times
58.18%
Voters: 538. You may not vote on this poll

The sentence of a convicted "keyer"

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 09:49 AM
cotmfk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by devaraj
I parked my wife's little Toyota Echo in the lot behind my work location three days after we bought it - - and it was keyed from front to back. This is a stinkin' $12,000 car.

I am really concerened about parking my new Z there even though there have been no vandalism incidents since then. I am probably going to use a car cover whenever I am parked in this lot. I am also going to decrease the deductible amount on the comprehensive section of my car insurance.
That's sucks that they keyed your car, seeing as it was brand new. A $12000 car may not be an expensive car, but $12000 is still a lot of money. It's just annoying that people do that kind of thing. And with the car cover, you might be attracting more attention to the car, and result in a damage to it just the same. I dunno... is there any way to make sure that it is watched over or protected?
Old 11-18-2002, 09:50 AM
cotmfk

Originally posted by WashUJon
The damage wasn't too bad. The paint was barely scuffed and there was about a baseball sized dent. The driver of the car actually offered to give the guy's name and number, but I figured I'd leave it alone. I doubt I could have gotten anything out of him, and had I tried, he probably would have had me charged with assault. I just took the car to a buddy of mine who ran a body shop and he pulled out the dent for nothing. As I said, the car was about 7 years old and although the paint was in great shape, I wasn't too upset about a tiny scuff. I was mostly upset about the principle of the thing. You know how that goes...
Yeah, I see your points...
Old 11-18-2002, 10:01 AM
MSOsr

My wife and I went to a dinner party in a very ritzy gated community. It was around Christmas last year and we met at the party (in separate cars). She parked her BMW in a neighbor's driveway (with the neighbor's permission).

I left the party before my wife and noticed several boys skateboarding in the roadway near the party home. With it a gated community, there was no automobile traffic.

When my wife arrived home a few minutes later, I walked out to put something in her car and noticed a huge scrape on the top of the right front fender. Apparently, during the party, one or more of the boys "jumped" their skateboards up on the fender like they were "grinding" on a handrail.

I drove back to the area, but there were no skateboarders around. Repair cost me a $500 deductible. The car was 8 months old.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:14 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by MSOsr
When my wife arrived home a few minutes later, I walked out to put something in her car and noticed a huge scrape on the top of the right front fender. Apparently, during the party, one or more of the boys "jumped" their skateboards up on the fender like they were "grinding" on a handrail.
Damn, that's horrible! You know it was those stupid kids, but there's nothing you could do about it. I feel your pain.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:49 AM
RODiculouZ

Originally posted by MSOsr
My wife and I went to a dinner party in a very ritzy gated community. It was around Christmas last year and we met at the party (in separate cars). She parked her BMW in a neighbor's driveway (with the neighbor's permission).

I left the party before my wife and noticed several boys skateboarding in the roadway near the party home. With it a gated community, there was no automobile traffic.

I drove back to the area, but there were no skateboarders around. Repair cost me a $500 deductible. The car was 8 months old.

That's almost as bad as this one occurance with my old 200SX. I had just put a full body kit on it and had parked it in a lot while playing basketball outdoors. Next thing I knew, my car had been hit by a minivan. I ran right to my car and to my dismay, my bumper had been ripped off. The van that was parked next to me had been long gone before I had a chance to take his info or plates down.

Luckily, the bumper was made out of fiberglass and I patched it up nicely...the thing that bumbed me out though was the fact that I had to get the damn thing repainted again. If this ever happens to my Z, I will let all hell break loose!
Old 11-18-2002, 04:52 PM
futuredeadguy

Default DAMN, I almost forgot!

This thread brought back a pretty cool memory for me. Can't say I was involved - this happened about three years before I started driving, but I did see it happen, as it was my brother who did it.

It was 1975. I was 13, my brother was 19...he was a salesman at the local Chevy dealer. After he had been at the dealership for about a year, the dealer started making the salesmen BUY their demos. My brother bought a beautiful new black 75 Camaro LT with every option. Yeah, doesn't sound like much right now, but in those days this car was pretty hot. It was his pride and joy.

The dealership had a softball team that used to play other businesses in the city every Thursday night. He had just gotten back from a game. He and his girlfriend were sitting in the car in our driveway. I was in the back yard working on a surfboard ding with a friend from down the street. My brother had been out there for awhile when these guys stopped in a brand new Lincoln about 20 feet past the driveway.

My friend and I heard the car and came around to see who it was. The driver got out and slinked over to the car and scratched all the way up the passenger side with a pocket knife and was working his way around the front. When he got to the passenger side, my brother was ready and opened the door on the guy with both feet. While he was on the ground, my brother got out with his softball bat and started beating the **** out of the Lincoln.

The guy on the ground freaked! By the time he got up and ran to the Lincoln, he was in tears. Yep, it was Daddy's car! Best of all, his two buddies had locked him out of the car because they though my brother was going to kill them.

My brother managed to break the rear windshield and do major damage to almost every body panel on the car.

To make a long story short, my brother let the guy go after that. He was pretty certain the guy had wet his pants. We never heard anything else about it. Most of the damage to the Camaro came out with rubbing compound. He did have to get the hood repainted, and yep, the door had a pretty big dent that had to be fixed. The car was lke new after the repairs.

We still laugh about it at holiday gatherings! We still are coming up with new theories about what this ***** said to his dad when he brought the Lincoln home.

Dead
Old 02-16-2003, 11:19 PM
S8ER95Z

As soon as I have my laptop fully setup (MP3 action/ LT1 Edit) Im going to install cameras. I got keyed in the front row at Hyvee .. it was a Tuesday around noon.. Could not believe it.

If someone ever does it again and I catch them or get them on camera.. the only time the cops will be called is on me..after I get done with them.
Old 02-17-2003, 06:30 AM
skippyracer7

Default Re: The Sentence

Originally posted by futuredeadguy
Death by Pressure Washer

Dead

Will this do?
Attached Thumbnails The sentence of a convicted "keyer"-dcp_0009.jpg  
Old 02-17-2003, 08:50 AM
wolf6010

I watched a 53 year old man key a BMW. As he was being handcuffed he was asked 'why?'. His answer was that he got "angry" that someone was able to drive such a nice car.
The damage exceeded $1,000 so it was a Class A Felony. The guy offered up restitution and although the car owner refused to drop the charges, the prosecutor let the guy walk after paying for the damage.

Six Months later he was caught keying a brand new porsche and was shot dead by the car owner.

JUSTICE..................................................... ....
Old 02-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Bazazu

Default Sadly

Some people never learn -

Although I Honestly would never want this to happen to someone, but sometimes I almost (ALMOST) wish we had the rules/laws like other countries - about cutting off hands and stuff.

The bottom line is - how do you teach someone a lesson, but have it not be so severe that you kill them? A good solid beating is one way I guess heh
Old 02-17-2003, 03:03 PM
sessions

My freshman year in college, somebody keyed my brand-new 1996 Sentra, giving it a nice 40-inch semicircle across the width of the hood. A SENTRA for Christ's sake. It was new, washed, waxed and black, but jealousy shouldn't have been a factor.

My question is why do people do crap like this? When I see a nice car I think, hey, that person is lucky to be able to afford that car. I don't get angry. I can see the crazy boyfriend/girlfriend angle, but usually it's just people in dire need of something better to do.

I think great vengeance and furious anger are the only things that teach these punks a lesson. When I get my Z, I'm going to keep an eye on the window. I work weird hours and I'm up all night anyway. And anybody who damages my car is going to wish he hadn't.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:03 PM
FnL

me(17 yrs old) and my brother(18 yrs) caught these 2 20 something asses keying my brothers IS300. The 2 guys were really puny and my brothers a pretty big weightlifter. Im not so puny either. They saw us coming and started to walk away slowly i noticed the scractches and the 2 bastards saw my notice them. They took off like little bitches and my and my brother took off after them. We caught them and beat their asses down hella hard. Then we also got them to pay for the damages. It felt hella good beating the ******** down.
Old 02-18-2003, 02:47 PM
aelius

Distressing to read about our psycho SOs.

I still remember my new 1980 BMW, the keyed paint still on the hood and door in thin curled threads.

I never felt the same about the car.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:54 PM
Inova

Vlad... that story is absolutely hilarious!! serves the kids right to be shitting their pants from running like chickens. sucks for the last kid tho.. if he had made it then you wouldnt have gotten any "revenge"
Old 02-19-2003, 07:37 AM
Spoe

None of the above.

Skinned alive with your car keys.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:59 AM
eric_c

I would take advantage of 2 interesting facts...

1) U-shaped bike locks (made of hard, tough to cut steel) fits nicely over most peoples' necks but cannot clear their heads, hence once locked around the neck they cannot be removed.

2) Crazy glue bonds human skin instantly.

So, I'd lock the bastard down to something substantial in clear view, strip him naked, empty several bottles of Crazy Glue into his hands, then one hand on the twig, the other on the berries. Maybe permanent marker something like "Likes to key cars" so people passing by don't feel sorry for him.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:38 PM
soupnazi1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call me brutal but if I ever caught someone keying my car, I'd...

1. Break both their arms.
2. Break their nose by slamming it on the pavement.
3. Grind their face to mush on the pavement.
4. Take their wallet and go on a shopping spree. (just enough to cover the damages of course)
Old 03-01-2003, 09:53 AM
1badass350z

People who key scratch cars are no different from those room mates who stick other room mates' tooth brushes in toilets, or who pisse in work coffee pots--they all have some beef, anger or jealous. They're just too cowardly to confront the object of there fustrations, so they just do chicken **** things like the above mentioned ****. I look at it like this, If your not man/woman enough to express themself in person--then they are not worth the thought. I would never let this behavior hurt me--on the other hand, If I'd catch someone doing this, it is over.
Old 03-01-2003, 05:30 PM
extenz

I remember a day out here in Charlotte 3 years back in which it was raining pretty damn hard and I was going to the local grocery store. I go in to park and this idiot in a new SUV goes in and beats me within feet of a parking space....well...actually 4 parking spaces, the jerk parallel parked into the last remaining parking spaces. Got out of his car and gave me a smug smile as he walked away. I sat there in amazement that somebody would be dumb enough to cut someone off to take up 4 parking slots knowing that they were going to **** off someone that was attempting to park. I parked in the back lot in the freezing rain. Made my way up to where this guy parked is car, and ensured that he got the scratches on his vehicle that he so rightly feared.
Old 03-01-2003, 05:49 PM
soupnazi1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by extenz
I remember a day out here in Charlotte 3 years back in which it was raining pretty damn hard and I was going to the local grocery store. I go in to park and this idiot in a new SUV goes in and beats me within feet of a parking space....well...actually 4 parking spaces, the jerk parallel parked into the last remaining parking spaces. Got out of his car and gave me a smug smile as he walked away. I sat there in amazement that somebody would be dumb enough to cut someone off to take up 4 parking slots knowing that they were going to **** off someone that was attempting to park. I parked in the back lot in the freezing rain. Made my way up to where this guy parked is car, and ensured that he got the scratches on his vehicle that he so rightly feared.
I'm usually against keying a car, but he deserved it.