Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z I GOT YOUR BACK

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 08:48 PM
glnib

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z I GOT YOUR BACK

i was just chattin with a friend not too long ago and she was dissing tons of other cars out there. eventually she started talking aout the 350z and i was like "YOU'RE KIDDING" and "stop kidding" the whole time. then i realized she wasn't kidding and was serious and gave me lecture as to why i shouldn't get it and told me the kind of cars she'd rather have over the Z. she kept talking about the review Car and Driver had about the Z. well i let her have it. i defended the Z everyway i can. i love that car and i must admit the interior isn't the "best" but i still like it. i told her to read some more reviews and that i didn't care what cars she'd rather have and the reason i like the Z is my personal preference. to her the car is just crap. i tried telling her all the good things about it but she just came back with all negatives.. geeze... people these days. lol i must say this post was pretty pointless but hey, i needed to rant. i respect her opinion.. i just wish she didn't see the car as TOTAL CRAP. ima be getting one in a few months. when i get it, i guess i'll just go and drive it around her to **** her off. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:05 PM
NzZ

Default Re: 350z I GOT YOUR BACK

Well thanks for defending my ride. I'm pretty fond of it. I have a lot of friends that do the same - "A cayenne turbo is faster around a racetrack" crap like that. The trick is to look at what they drive: usually something far slower, and far less sexy. Still the Z is not for everyone...some people just want the fastest car available for the money- definitely not the Z.

NzZ
Old 02-24-2005, 09:18 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: 350z I GOT YOUR BACK

Originally posted by NzZ
Well thanks for defending my ride. I'm pretty fond of it. I have a lot of friends that do the same - "A cayenne turbo is faster around a racetrack" crap like that. The trick is to look at what they drive: usually something far slower, and far less sexy. Still the Z is not for everyone...some people just want the fastest car available for the money- definitely not the Z.

NzZ
I imagine a Ferrari 360 Modena is faster around the track too, ever seen one in mint condition for $30k though?
Old 02-24-2005, 10:03 PM
soupnazi1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So what cars did she recommend? Is she materialistic?
Old 02-24-2005, 10:13 PM
thawk408

She is just trying to talk you out of it so you can go by her cloths and other things.....lol damn girls.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Risk

Ask her...."what other car for 30k out the door will beat a Z around a race track." Her only option MIGHT be a WRX (the STI as well as the EVO are over 30K out the door).

Its chicks like this that make me wish I hade an "Owned" stamp. Right on the forehead...blow!!
Old 02-24-2005, 10:34 PM
FLZ_Boy

Originally posted by Risk
Ask her...."what other car for 30k out the door will beat a Z around a race track." Her only option MIGHT be a WRX (the STI as well as the EVO are over 30K out the door).

Its chicks like this that make me wish I hade an "Owned" stamp. Right on the forehead...blow!!
I can think of one car....... Evo RS.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:52 AM
FairladyZ

Good job in your defense, she must have been ugly though!
I actually love the interior of my car! I have sat in other cars including imports and some look plain crappy to me. Some have that cheap looking aluminum dash kit or whatever.

Its funny people that see the inside of my car say it looks amazing, but people that have never seen the car in person go off a magazine and say it has crappy interior.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:27 AM
speedzz

What kind of car does she drive?

I'll take a wild guess and say it's a Beemer.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:34 AM
boldenmd

Originally posted by FairladyZ
Good job in your defense, she must have been ugly though!
I actually love the interior of my car! I have sat in other cars including imports and some look plain crappy to me. Some have that cheap looking aluminum dash kit or whatever.

Its funny people that see the inside of my car say it looks amazing, but people that have never seen the car in person go off a magazine and say it has crappy interior.
I've never understood the interior thing either. I've always thought it looks pretty darned good for its price point.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:23 AM
theonetheonly

Well since your friend doesn't like it...I think I should put mine on sale right away....jk

I don't understand the interior thing either... Yes some other cars have nicer interiors (ie. G35), but how many of them are sports cars...no sports car's interior stands out as really nice...btw all BMWs have an ugly interior...it looks like they haven't changed since the 80s...just my 2 cents.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:27 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

dont listen to girls lol no offense girls :P
Old 02-25-2005, 07:27 AM
Landbarger

That SHE reads car rags enough to form all those opinions is quite impressive (not trying to be sexist, just saying it's not all that common). Once you get your Z you should take her for a spin, and by that i mean hit a backroad and let it loose. So far the only respones i've gotten from young ladies are "cool", "i love these cars", and "that's hotness". Anyhow, congrats on getting the Z, and what part of VA are you from?

Last edited by Landbarger; 02-25-2005 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:21 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah what does she drive, and what cars would she buy over the Z?

nothing wrong with her opinion, but I somehow doubt she's driven many cars, is into high performance driving, or understands the potential each car has as far as mods.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Zexy

What a stupid ****.

Who cares if the 350z came in last place. It was competing with a bunch of baller sports cars. We should be proud we came in 9th. If you look at the personal driver rankings, some of the drivers did not rank the Z last. If i remember one driver ranked the Z 7th place, after that coming a BMW Z4!(More $ than a Z?)
Old 02-25-2005, 08:28 AM
Destiny350Z

Default Re: 350z I GOT YOUR BACK

Originally posted by glnib
, i guess i'll just go and drive it around her to **** her off. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
Take her somewhere in the Z take her out on the highway and scare the crap out of her, 135mph should do it!!! I thinks she is just jealous!!! What does she drive? Once you get your Z race her on three honks from 30 roll and let her eat our dust!! Thank you for defending the Z driver you are a great person!!
Old 02-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Destiny350Z

Originally posted by Zexy
What a stupid ****.

Who cares if the 350z came in last place. It was competing with a bunch of baller sports cars. We should be proud we came in 9th. If you look at the personal driver rankings, some of the drivers did not rank the Z last. If i remember one driver ranked the Z 7th place, after that coming a BMW Z4!(More $ than a Z?)
A agree!! And you can only fairly judge a car if the same driver drives each car! And drives it just as hard! The BMW Z4 sucks when it comes to rapid acceleration!! LONG LIVE 350ZS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2005, 08:55 AM
glnib

Originally posted by soupnazi1
So what cars did she recommend? Is she materialistic?
cars like the s2k, is300, some mbz

Originally posted by speedzz
What kind of car does she drive?

I'll take a wild guess and say it's a Beemer.
she drives a C230 Kompressor Sport Sedann

Originally posted by Landbarger
That SHE reads car rags enough to form all those opinions is quite impressive (not trying to be sexist, just saying it's not all that common). Once you get your Z you should take her for a spin, and by that i mean hit a backroad and let it loose. So far the only respones i've gotten from young ladies are "cool", "i love these cars", and "that's hotness". Anyhow, congrats on getting the Z, and what part of VA are you from?
will do! northen va... springfield

Originally posted by sentry65
yeah what does she drive, and what cars would she buy over the Z?

nothing wrong with her opinion, but I somehow doubt she's driven many cars, is into high performance driving, or understands the potential each car has as far as mods.
yeah, she's more into luxury cars than sports cars

she's quite a character lol.. oh well, i'll just keep trying to change her mind haha
Old 02-25-2005, 09:04 AM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Tell her to step up to the plate and get an E or S class
C class is the Sentra of Mercedes (C32 excluded)

Im just giving ya **** but that should really get her going!
Old 02-25-2005, 09:08 AM
FairladyZ

I think she is jealous of your car. That’s funny she is into more luxury cars. I wouldn’t consider a poor mans Mercedes (sp) a luxury car. Well where I live that’s what they are called. We also have poor mans BMW's. Poor mans cars are wannabe's that drive the cheapest BMW, Mercedes, etc just so they can say they drive one.

It sad when a top of the line Hyundai has more features and comforts than poor mans luxury car and cheaper too. That's when you ask yourself whens a luxury car a luxury car.

That said there aren't many of those driving around me.

Last edited by FairladyZ; 02-25-2005 at 09:11 AM.

Quick Reply: 350z I GOT YOUR BACK