Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Poor Z . . . needs a plastic surgeon.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 01:09 PM
Faluzure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More than likely yes. If they are short some money, it's their obligation as an insurance company to pay for any costs required to repair the vehicle.

Besides, nothing will happen to you. They are going after the other person's insurance company remember? I bet if they don't get their money, they'll sue. Company vs Company in court, sounds exciting!
Old 03-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally posted by 350G
Hmmm . . . this is interesting. I talked to my insurance adjuster and she said that they will be cutting a check tomorrow . . . to ME. Not sure if that's good or bad. If something else needs to be done, will they cut another check?

G
Just make sure they are cutting it for what the value is and nothing less!! Or I'll come out there and LOL
Old 03-01-2005, 06:08 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yup you get the check; so which suspension system will you be going with? and everything else they have to replace for that matter.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:47 AM
350G

Wish I took pics of the entire process, but it was never on my mind. They had to replace the entire rear cross member (suspension), the inner & outer quarter panel, and install the body kit.

Here's a pic of my new rims As you can see, I also was able to get new rear tires, but the fronts are from the TE37s that are damaged (curb rash from the wreck).

Pondering the thought of selling my damaged Volks for a steeeeeep discount, but will throw them on the balancing machine to ensure that they are "in round." Estimate to refinish them is about $600 for the set.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:50 AM
350G

Just visited the body shop and she's 90% done. Just need to figure out how to attach the side skirts since the stock ones use two rows of clips and the aftermarket doesn't have a way to include those. I presume we could drill the bottom row (under the car) and attach the side portions in the fender well areas, but what about the recessed area in the door area?

It definitely needs a cleaning
Old 04-27-2005, 09:06 AM
dinoz

I've always been a proponent for the death penalty in DUI cases!!!
Old 04-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Balthazar

Originally Posted by dinoz
I've always been a proponent for the death penalty in DUI cases!!!
Man am I glad you are not a lawmaker.

Joking or not, its that kind of thing that makes stupid huge penalties for minor **** and light penalties for more serious crimes.

This sort of fly by the seat of your pants "in my opinion" stuff needs to be left on internet forums.

To the OP, sucks that chick smooshed your car, glad your insurance payed for it, but I SERIOUSLY hope there is not lasting effect from this.

p.s.: I liked the stock body better.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Faluzure

Welcome back 350G! Can't wait to have your Z line up with us at the weekly meets. She's lookin good (but dirty).
Old 04-27-2005, 09:56 AM
350G

The stock body was a "clean" look, but I wanted something to feature the intercooler and the Ntercooler spray kit that I plan to install with dual purge lines.

On another note, the other car stopped and entered their friends house after the accident . . . it turns out that I know their friend (my neighbor). I used to shoot pool with him about every other day last year. Its funny how small the world is. And for the record, you'll love this, he even told me that the guy was driving, not the girl who got nailed for DUI. Wonder how her case is doing?

G
Old 04-27-2005, 10:01 AM
fahrenheit350

350G, I can't believe it took so long to get your baby back. What was it? 2 1/2 months? My gf just got into an accident (wasn't her fault) but I like how her ins. just handles everything so quick. Her C240 will be in the shop for 4 weeks and I thought that was long... good luck and glad you're back.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:06 AM
350G

The accident occurred on February 25th . . . if the body shop wasn't soo inexperienced in custom body kits, I'm sure I would have had it back two weeks ago. Combine that with the fact that I just received my replacement rims (took a while for Mackin Industries to receive the container) and that accounts for the time. More than 2 months is quite a bit of time though. Luckily, I had a rental that I used for work (sales rep), so that kept the mileage low on my actual work vehicle
Old 04-28-2005, 08:25 AM
dinoz

Originally Posted by Balthazar
Man am I glad you are not a lawmaker.

Joking or not, its that kind of thing that makes stupid huge penalties for minor **** and light penalties for more serious crimes.

This sort of fly by the seat of your pants "in my opinion" stuff needs to be left on internet forums.

To the OP, sucks that chick smooshed your car, glad your insurance payed for it, but I SERIOUSLY hope there is not lasting effect from this.

p.s.: I liked the stock body better.

Then what should we do with DUI offenders? I think there should be a short jail term (maybe 30 days) for a first offense and maybe about 6mo for a second offense and death for a third. Case closed. If there were actually stiff penalties then maybe less people would drive after (any) drinking.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:45 AM
bstansbu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default stiffy

Its been proven in the past that stiffer penalties do not reduce crime. People will continue to drive under the influence no matter what the penalty. I think we need to follow Europes way of thinking. Simple, we need more public transportation. Especially in some smaller cities in the US. I think we pay enough taxes that some of our tax money should go to governemnt substidized taxi services. If there were an abundant and free service to haul you and your drunk mates to your house after a night out, why you would you want to even think about driving your self home. Glad your car is almost done by the way. Looking good 350G. BEN
Old 04-28-2005, 09:08 AM
dinoz

Originally Posted by bstansbu
Its been proven in the past that stiffer penalties do not reduce crime. People will continue to drive under the influence no matter what the penalty. I think we need to follow Europes way of thinking. Simple, we need more public transportation. Especially in some smaller cities in the US. I think we pay enough taxes that some of our tax money should go to governemnt substidized taxi services. If there were an abundant and free service to haul you and your drunk mates to your house after a night out, why you would you want to even think about driving your self home. Glad your car is almost done by the way. Looking good 350G. BEN

That brings me to my first solution, execution. After death not one person has driven drunk. We really need laws with teeth.

People drive drunk because among other reasons, they know that if they get caught, they’ll hire a lawyer and get a slap on the wrist.

How many people do you know that drink, and have never gotten behind the wheel within four hours of their last drink? What is so hard about not driving if you drink? To hell with public transportation. Can't people just not drink on days when they are going to be driving? Why is it so complicated. If someone can't go a day without drinking maybe they have a more serious problem.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:44 AM
350G

I see both sides of the issue, but to make a good example, I know a girl "friend" of mine that merely had 2 glasses of wine for dinner. Needless to say, she was just over the limit. She's very responsible, extremely christian, and would not even ponder driving drunk in our general definition . . . regardless, she was arrested and now its on her record for years.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:37 AM
bstansbu

Default sure

That brings me to my first solution, execution. After death not one person has driven drunk. We really need laws with teeth.

People drive drunk because among other reasons, they know that if they get caught, they’ll hire a lawyer and get a slap on the wrist.

How many people do you know that drink, and have never gotten behind the wheel within four hours of their last drink? What is so hard about not driving if you drink? To hell with public transportation. Can't people just not drink on days when they are going to be driving? Why is it so complicated. If someone can't go a day without drinking maybe they have a more serious problem.
Dinoz,

Are you even 21 yrs or older? Im guessing not judging by your way of thinking. This is not meant to be a personal attack at you at all so please dont take it that way. I just had to respond to your last post.

"People drive drunk because among other reasons, they know that if they get caught, they’ll hire a lawyer and get a slap on the wrist."
Nope, the last thought on someones mind is getting caught, in fact the only thought on their mind is that once they get home and park their car they will be fine.

"What is so hard about not driving if you drink? To hell with public transportation. Can't people just not drink on days when they are going to be driving? Why is it so complicated."
So the millions of people that go to bars after work or on the weekend should all just walk from their homes that can be as far as 15 miles away depending on how large the city is. You make no sense Dinoz.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:15 PM
350G

I love the way we all stay on topic *LOL* . . . keep going, I enjoy the reading.

G
Old 04-29-2005, 08:53 AM
dinoz

Originally Posted by 350G
I see both sides of the issue, but to make a good example, I know a girl "friend" of mine that merely had 2 glasses of wine for dinner. Needless to say, she was just over the limit. She's very responsible, extremely christian, and would not even ponder driving drunk in our general definition . . . regardless, she was arrested and now its on her record for years.
I would say that she deserved it. In this day and age how can someone not know that they're drunk after two glasses of wine? I repeat. What is so hard about not drinking if you're going to drive?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:57 AM
dinoz

Originally Posted by bstansbu
Dinoz,

Are you even 21 yrs or older? Im guessing not judging by your way of thinking. This is not meant to be a personal attack at you at all so please dont take it that way. I just had to respond to your last post.

"People drive drunk because among other reasons, they know that if they get caught, they’ll hire a lawyer and get a slap on the wrist."
Nope, the last thought on someones mind is getting caught, in fact the only thought on their mind is that once they get home and park their car they will be fine.

"What is so hard about not driving if you drink? To hell with public transportation. Can't people just not drink on days when they are going to be driving? Why is it so complicated."
So the millions of people that go to bars after work or on the weekend should all just walk from their homes that can be as far as 15 miles away depending on how large the city is. You make no sense Dinoz.

I make perfect sense. All you have to do is not drink. If I'm driving and I go to a bar, I don't drink. I guess I just don't get it. Maybe you've never had a car demolished by a drunk driver.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:51 AM
bstansbu

Default no sense

I make perfect sense. All you have to do is not drink. If I'm driving and I go to a bar, I don't drink. I guess I just don't get it. Maybe you've never had a car demolished by a drunk driver.
Nope, you dont get it. Ive never had a car demolished by a drunk driver, however, I did lose my 19 yr old brother by one. The guy that hit him in my opinion doesnt deserve the death penalty, what he deserved was a free ride home by the government from the bar he left drunk.

Quick Reply: Poor Z . . . needs a plastic surgeon.