2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poor Z . . . needs a plastic surgeon.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 06:33 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see everything is working out 350g...
I had a question, about the insurance part and the mods. Did you have to tell your insurance about all the mods you have to cover them? Or as long as they are on the car, the insurance covers them? Thats what iam worried about, putting on lots of stuff, and the insurance not covering it.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:44 PM
350G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I understand and from what happened to my brother, USAA covers anything physically attached to the vehicle. In this peculiar situation, the other insurance company covered everything . . . after all, it was a drunk driver that plowed into my Z

G
Old 04-29-2005, 09:10 PM
cloudy

Ya... i understand that, makes perfect sense for her insurance to cover it all.. was just curious if you knew anything about insurance company covering whatever is just on the vehicle... maybe ill just call and find out... I have farmers on the Z.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:38 PM
elms350Z

WOW...Man I'm sorry about what happend to your car. I just got into and accident myself, but its not as bad as yers. It's funny because I just told this other guy in another post that he wasn't alone, he had a hit and run scenario, and mine was a reverse story(he lied to his insurance sayin I hit him when the truth was he backed into me) scenario. Anyway, I'll tell you what I told the other guy "you're not alone my friend." Atleast yers is covered, mine will be coming out of my Insurance Policy. Good luck, BTW its a nice Z.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:42 PM
350G

It's ALIVE . . .

Old 04-30-2005, 12:44 PM
cloudy

http://www.streetsports.com/Photos/V...50Z%20Page.htm
Thats your car right?
Old 04-30-2005, 01:06 PM
350G

Yup . . . prior to the wreck of course

G
Old 04-30-2005, 04:48 PM
nitrousoxidex

so did u have to pay nethin outa ur pockets for this mess? did they realli buy new volk wheels for ur car or somethin? cuz thatd be fuggin nice. haha
Old 04-30-2005, 04:56 PM
cloudy

Lol well if his wheels were obvioulsy messed up from the crash that was the girls fault.. ya they would buy new volk wheels.. lol
Old 04-30-2005, 06:53 PM
350G

Yup, the wheels were all damaged since the driver's side curbed down the road when the car was hit, and the passenger side was hit directly on the rear (barely hit on the front as the car continued down the road). I originally had TEs, but since I was entitled to the replacement value, I opted for the LEs. Polished lip looks nice

As for the body kit, I actually had it purchased, but thought now would be the best time to install it. The body shop used the time allocated for the repair of the front & rear bumpers (stock) and used it to prep the body kit & finish her off.

I got it aligned today and unfortunately the front passenger wheel is now a little out of spec--negative camber. With no camber adjustments from the factory, I may be looking to get some aftermarket camber kits. Oh well, can't be perfect.

I should be meeting with the appraiser this week to start my diminishing value claim. He ballparked it from the pics & estimate of record @ 3-5K. Hopefully, it will be closer to the higher amount, but hey, I'm not complaining

G
Old 04-30-2005, 09:52 PM
SEmy2K2go

Congrats on the car being repaired. The kit looks great and it looks like they did a really good job on the body work. You gotta be happy with the amount of time it took for the entire repair. My buddy's Acura CL Type S was gone for 8.5 months for repairs.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:13 PM
350G

8 1/2 months!!! If I had an Acura CL that was gone for that long, there had better be an NSX waiting for me to drive away with . . . What really cracks me up is that the estimate of record stated "13 days to repair." 13 days my @ss.

G
Old 05-01-2005, 05:48 AM
dinoz

Originally Posted by bstansbu
Nope, you dont get it. Ive never had a car demolished by a drunk driver, however, I did lose my 19 yr old brother by one. The guy that hit him in my opinion doesnt deserve the death penalty, what he deserved was a free ride home by the government from the bar he left drunk.
Sure, I see, everything is the government's (or the bar's?) fault. In the wrong hands, a car is a deadly weapon. If a drunken hunter had shot your brother by "mistake" should the government have dissarmed the shooter before the "accident"? Should government representitaves hang outside of bars and forcibaly drive drunks home?

What you're forgetting, is free will. The drunk could have called a taxi. Government transportation/taxi what's the difference. Are you saying that your brother's life was only worth a $10 taxi ride. If the drunk could get a free ride, he wouldn't have driven?

The drunk has to decide to drive or not, and he decided to drive. Unless you're saying that the government should ban all cars and drive us everywhere, drunk or not?

I still don't get it. A drinker decides to drive, and it's not his fault? I think it is. When someone decides to drink, then decides to drive, he desides to take a risk. And he's risking the life of everyone he drives near.

I've never driven drunk, and I never will.