Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Poor Z . . . needs a plastic surgeon.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 11:45 PM
350G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor Z . . . needs a plastic surgeon.

Well fellas, it looks like the pimp ride is off to the doctor . . . . I was up watching TV at about 2am and I heard this thunderous clap (like a sonic boom). My car alarm was going off and I jetted to the bedroom to grab the remote. I looked outside to see what happened and didn't see anything! Then I noticed . . . my damn car has been moved 20ft!!! I go outside to find a car at the cul de sac spinning tires and trying to get the **** out of dodge. I called the cops and then went back outside to take a pic of their car as they decided to park it in front of one of the houses (I don't think they live there, but they were inside--could be a friend). Needless to say their airbags were deployed. I went back in the house and a guy came up to the door apologizing that his girlfriend had hit my car. I said, no big deal, it can be fixed. He then said that he had full coverage and he would give me the info. I paused . . . and said, "well, the cops are on the way, just give it to them (politely)." To make a long story short, the chick (dude's girlfriend) was carted away for DUI.

I don't have a host for the pics, but to give you an idea, the Z was moved 20ft forward, my 19" Volk on the rear passenger side is at a 70 degree angle, the spring is off the suspension under the tire, and the rear quarter panel is beat all to hell. I guess I'll be able to get the real damage when the sun rises . . .

In a way, I feel somewhat sorry for the chick since a DUI is insult to injury, but hey, its the risk she took. Luckily, no one was hurt. What's really strange is that I live at the beginning of a cul de sac and park on the street. She must have been really tore up to hit a parked car!

Gary
Old 02-25-2005, 05:41 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, number one reason I park mine in the garage.... I dont think I could have been that polite either... Hope all goes well when getting it fixed, I know when the deer ran into me (yes, the deer hit me, drivers side door) I took the car back to the shop 4 times till they finally got the paint right.
Old 02-25-2005, 06:12 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

sorry to hear that man........

glad everything is ok, and that she hit the back of your car (from what it sounds like) it would suck if you had to replace all of your mods.....
Old 02-25-2005, 06:23 AM
bstansbu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bad deal

Gary,

sorry for your damage. Sucks man. Im glad no one was hurt. Sorry to change the subject on you but, could you post a couple pics of your car before the accident. I am going to buy some 19" volks gt7 and cant decide on width. I was thinking 8.5 and 9.5 set up but I think 10.5 in the rear would look better. You have any rubbing isues in the rear? Thanks, BEN
Old 02-25-2005, 06:50 AM
JThrilla

dang man, sorry to hear that. At least you're pretty forgiving and understanding about the whole thing....that's a really good attitude to have.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:00 AM
StoneSilverTrack350z

Sucks to hear about the Z, good thing you are ok though.

Shame about the girl. DUI with property damage is bad bad bad. But, reap what you sew and so forth.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:30 AM
350G

Hmmm . . . after looking underneath the rear, I'm 10% sure that it may be totalled. The whole rear end under the passenger side is sliced and diced like someone took an industrial Ginsu knife to it Just picture incredible hulk ripping off the rear control arm assembly. 3 out of the 4 Volks are damaged, the front bumper, the rear bumper, the rear passenger quarter, and the entire rear axle need replacing. Luckily, a buddy of mine owns a reputable body shop in town and is housing it within the building. If its not totalled, I hope my body kit arrives just in time for installation

G
Old 02-25-2005, 07:33 AM
350G

Default Re: bad deal

Originally posted by bstansbu
Gary,

sorry for your damage. Sucks man. Im glad no one was hurt. Sorry to change the subject on you but, could you post a couple pics of your car before the accident. I am going to buy some 19" volks gt7 and cant decide on width. I was thinking 8.5 and 9.5 set up but I think 10.5 in the rear would look better. You have any rubbing isues in the rear? Thanks, BEN
Here's my car (before last night) with some 19" TE37s (8.5 front and 10.5" rear, all +22 offset, and stock height--no rubbing issues).

G
Old 02-25-2005, 08:16 AM
Destiny350Z

Default Re: Re: bad deal

Originally posted by 350G
Here's my car (before last night) with some 19" TE37s (8.5 front and 10.5" rear, all +22 offset, and stock height--no rubbing issues).

G
I am so so so sorry to hear about your car It sounds totaled to me! I can't even express how sorry I am to hear that!! How did you maintain your composure with that chics boyfriend? The police would have been carting me off after I wooped her drunk @$$ I would of been so mad I would have wooped his @$$ too, just because he knew her! ! And your Z looked so nice, and after you made all those mods too! How fast was she going to tear up 3 of your Volk rims? I would like to see the after photos www.photobucket.com should host them.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:41 AM
350G

Thanks for the hosting link . . . Here we go.

Last edited by 350G; 02-25-2005 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:48 AM
350G

To give you all an idea, I normally park the car at the edge of the driveway . . . after it got it, it was about 15-20ft down by the mailbox. I have no clue how fast they were going, but ironically, the silver car on right in the 2nd pic is the culprit. What you can't see is their front quarter panel is gone, their tire is flat, and the axle is broke.

For fun, look at the next to last pic . . . see the white powder on the curb? That's my driver's side Volks being ran down the curb. The tire is covered with aluminum dust

G

Last edited by 350G; 02-25-2005 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:53 AM
Destiny350Z

Well looking at the pics it not as bad as I thought but it is still bad, Hopefully its not totaled!!! Keep your head up, it will all be ok
Old 02-25-2005, 09:12 AM
mdracer76
Banned

OUCH. Man .. that sucks. G'luck getting everything back together.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Fiction520

Originally posted by Destiny350Z
Well looking at the pics it not as bad as I thought but it is still bad, Hopefully its not totaled!!! Keep your head up, it will all be ok
If it were my car I would hope it's totaled so insurance would buy me a new one and I wouldn't have to drive around in a "fixed" car.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:43 AM
Faluzure

OMFG NOOOOOOOOO. Gary. That' TOTALLY sucks man... My stomach churned as I read your story. You have one of the best Zs in Lexington. I hope she's ok (not totalled) because if it was, you'd have to get a new one. God... that's horrible that it happened. I still don't see how the hell she was able to do that to your car.

Damn man... I would've cried if my Z got hit. Give me a ring if you need a ride or something out to the shop to check on her. I'm free all weekend.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Destiny350Z

Originally posted by Fiction520
If it were my car I would hope it's totaled so insurance would buy me a new one and I wouldn't have to drive around in a "fixed" car.
Ok thats true but I would still be emotional attached to the other one!!! I would cry for months !!
Old 02-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Faluzure

Originally posted by Destiny350Z
Ok thats true but I would still be emotional attached to the other one!!! I would cry for months !!
That's how I feel, especially with the mods he's done to his car. His car is really beautiful, I saw it in person. His wheels are gorgeous and his Twin Turbo is freaking sweet. A lot of his heart is in that car... getting a new one, even if he gets to put all his mods back in, won't feel the same.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Destiny350Z

Originally posted by Faluzure
That's how I feel, especially with the mods he's done to his car. His car is really beautiful, I saw it in person. His wheels are gorgeous and his Twin Turbo is freaking sweet. A lot of his heart is in that car... getting a new one, even if he gets to put all his mods back in, won't feel the same.
I think I'm about to cry for him!! !
Old 02-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Fiction520

Originally posted by Faluzure
I didn't even realize it had all those mods. That does suck very bad. But truth be told, there's huge a chance his current car won't feel the same either. Body straightened cars oftentimes suck.

But to 350g I hope everything works out and you can get all that stuff on a new unwrecked car. Just look at the positive sides to this though, no one got hurt and you the person who did it didn't get away. What's done is done, and insurance can take care of the rest.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:11 AM
chachi999999999

OUCH!!!!!!!

As long there isn't any frame damage, you should be alright.

Quick Reply: Poor Z . . . needs a plastic surgeon.