Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Does anybody else have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 06:29 PM
St@inless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody else have this problem?

I have just recently bought a 05 black Z - interestingly enough, I traded in my Crossfire in to get it (I definitely like the Z much better!) My only concern to date is the door handles. Does anybody else seem to acquire fingernail scrathches all around or should I say next to, the handles? Is there a type of clear material to put there (that will not peel the paint with removal) to prevent this? I'm sure on a black car this is most noticeable.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:35 PM
boldenmd

I have some of the 3M Clear Bra materal installed near this area.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:57 PM
KaPPaBaLL

Yup 3M is the stuff. It's a clear film that some manufacterers put near the bumpers behind the rear wheels and front wheels so the rocks won't chip that area. Not sure on where you can get it but that is one area i would put it (door handles). Good luck.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Scott n Houston

Originally posted by KaPPaBaLL
Yup 3M is the stuff. It's a clear film that some manufacterers put near the bumpers behind the rear wheels and front wheels so the rocks won't chip that area. Not sure on where you can get it but that is one area i would put it (door handles). Good luck.
I have two answers for you.

One, get some 3M Hand Glaze and apply it. Those scratches will disappear. Then put some wax over it. They'll be gone guaranteed (if they are only light scratches). Then you don't have to see that 3M film. That 3M film works great, but is very visible on a black car, and you really see the lines around it.

I had that applied to my last 2 cars. I recommend Dent Magic to apply it. They are located in Star Motor Cars' garage. (the Mercedes/Lotus dealer)
They do the best work in town.

Here's a pic of it on my last 996. It's great on colors like silver and white, but on black or dark colors, it shows up much more.
If you look close, you can see the lines: