Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 09:40 PM
capnfrantic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Z

Anyone else think it's cool how a car can bring together a bunch of OCD'ing freaks? Sh-t we worry about valet parking, getting kicked at our apartments, license plates, who parks next to us, strange noises sometimes only we can hear...All I can say is I love it and I won't allow a psych evaluation! (don't like pills) What do you think?
Old 03-14-2005, 09:52 PM
JDUB34

lol... so true... my girlfriend this im crazy cuz i actually look forward to washing and detailing my car. i even make sure ppl dont slam my door..i cant stand it when ppl slam the door.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:04 AM
bknezevic

My thing is always brushing off any microscopic particles like lint or dust that I can see on the black interior. Every time I get in the car I brush off crap for like 30 seconds on the dash and near the shifter.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:28 AM
Neo105

I'm paronoid about dirty cars and door dings... in the weekend, you can find me washing and waxing my car during the day LOL

My GF's father was driving with me as a passenger, and i parked 300 meters from the entrance of the grocery store, standing alone away from other cars... so he said: "Why don't you park it next to the other cars? It's not like you are going to get a dent", So i said: "As soon as everybody in the world learns not to slam their doors into my car, THEN i will park to other cars..."

Small chance though LOL
Old 03-15-2005, 05:49 AM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm always aware... where I park! Always away from other cars....I enjoy walking!...staying away from "sapping trees". Avoiding dirt or gravel roads...parking the car in the garage vs. parking on my drive way even if it's only for a small period of time & especially on a very sunny day.
Neo105.......I'm also paranoid about dirty cars!!
Old 03-15-2005, 07:19 AM
Neo105

Hehe, i knew it, Z drivers are a diffrent kind of drivers :d

I never park under those "glue" tree's (the ones that leave that glue-like substance on your car), or near bicycles, if i park in a underground parking lot, i always park it between 2 suport pillars (those spots are always there) so nobody can park next to me... sigh... i am obsessed... but 3 years now and no dents... *Knock on wood*

P.s. if you guys ever come to amsterdam... contact me... i know all the sweet parking spots
Old 03-15-2005, 08:45 AM
NorCal350

Cool, then its nice to know that these feelings that i have are not just a phase!
Old 03-15-2005, 08:54 AM
ANXIOUZ

One of my biggest pet peeves is when my wife closes the rear hatch by placing her hand all over the spoiler. I've told her time and time again to use the Nissan emblem since it will hide the fingerprints better but she seems to NOT do that just to irritate me.

And I have to get out my California Duster every morning and give the car a once over while it warms up in the garage. Can't go driving with dust on the car!
Old 03-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Neo105

MaximZ, Correct me if i'm wrong because i am not familiar with the "California Duster" but if you dust your car after you've driven it, don't you also move the sand on the car? because that would sound like swirling the paint to me
Old 03-16-2005, 11:30 AM
CelticPride2

Originally Posted by Neo105
MaximZ, Correct me if i'm wrong because i am not familiar with the "California Duster" but if you dust your car after you've driven it, don't you also move the sand on the car? because that would sound like swirling the paint to me
The Cali duster is actually designed not to scratch the paint. The strands of the duster are coated with a waxy material that attracts the dirt very well. I've had one since I first got my Z, and I've never had a problem with it causing scratches....when you're rolling in a super black Z during pollen season, the duster is required equipment.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:14 PM
Destiny350Z

I believe my post here says it all!!!
https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...09&postcount=8
Old 03-16-2005, 12:32 PM
JoneZZZ

Originally Posted by maximZ
One of my biggest pet peeves is when my wife closes the rear hatch by placing her hand all over the spoiler. I've told her time and time again to use the Nissan emblem since it will hide the fingerprints ....
+1...