Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

HELP!!! So frustrated/pissed/confused right now!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 10:16 PM
capnfrantic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ruah_23
is it a new/used car?
If it's a new car they shld have give u some papers where u have to sign that they don't owe u anything.Well before u sign them papers, tell them abt the paint and make sure they fix it.If they don't,don't but it.

But if it's a used car...it's either u like it and u buy it or u don't buy it at all.When I test drove my used 04,I like it a lot and sign the papers everything.
The next 2 days before picking up the car, I saw some paint chips at the hood,bumpers,dings near the headlights...worst of all after driving it 2 wks, the brakes start to squeel

My question is that right now, they don't approve my loan and I have been using the car for 3 wks.If they set it up at higher interest, could I say no to them and return the car? They haven't take my DP money btw.......
Man I would seriuosly consider returning that car ASAP. If I read this right you are putting yourself in a risky situation, you've had a Z for three weeks and have'nt bought it yet? Find out what the Georgia laws are before you turn it in or purchase. I wish I knew them for you! Maybe someone will chime in on this.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:24 PM
ruah_23

Originally Posted by capnfrantic
Man I would seriuosly consider returning that car ASAP. If I read this right you are putting yourself in a risky situation, you've had a Z for three weeks and have'nt bought it yet? Find out what the Georgia laws are before you turn it in or purchase. I wish I knew them for you! Maybe someone will chime in on this.
Well I already signed the contract agree to buy with this rate ect ect.
The thing is the bank disapproved the loan.I called the fiinance manager and asked them abt it.They said that they have to raise my Interest rate for the bank to approve them.As it was agree on the contract that I sign, I have to pay 480 bucks/MO, 10.9%APR for 72 months..so total I Pay arnd 30 something grand for a used 04 base with 22k miles.

Since the bank disapprove it, they said they gonna raise it to 13% and my M/O payment will be arnd $500++ for 72 months..Total it will be close to 40 K

So my question is can I just cancel it if the bank disapprove the first contract that I sign? even though I already taken the car and drive it?
The contract didn't mention anything abt that. They just said that 'no trial period accepted' but that's if the loan is approve right?
Old 03-18-2005, 10:33 PM
FairladyZ

There isn't a swirling problem on any Z's IMO, It's all about washing and waxing your car properly. You can learn alot in the detailing thread. Get the color you want and if you have to, learn how to maintain it. Good Luck with your purchase!
exactly. Its how the car was washed/wax.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:36 PM
FairladyZ

The thing is the bank disapproved the loan.I called the fiinance manager and asked them abt it.They said that they have to raise my Interest rate for the bank to approve them.As it was agree on the contract that I sign, I have to pay 480 bucks/MO, 10.9%APR for 72 months..so total I Pay arnd 30 something grand for a used 04 base with 22k miles.

Since the bank disapprove it, they said they gonna raise it to 13% and my M/O payment will be arnd $500++ for 72 months..Total it will be close to 40 K

So my question is can I just cancel it if the bank disapprove the first contract that I sign? even though I already taken the car and drive it?
The contract didn't mention anything abt that. They just said that 'no trial period accepted' but that's if the loan is approve right?
Tell them you cant afford it now and give it back.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:40 PM
capnfrantic

http://www.state.tn.us/consumer/faqauto.html
http://consumer-fraud-lawyer.com/id39.html

It looks like you have a shot... But one is Tenn. and the other is Calif. I would call a lawyer to find out what your rights are. I think you are covered if you have the Interest rate in writing... I would keep that Z safe until I talked to someone. Don't go back to dealer till you know your rights!!!!! IF you go up there then you are at their mercy. I am not a know it all but thats what I would do. Also bump this thread tomorrow, maybe someone out there can help you. I wish I knew more.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Camel

My SB came with plenty of dealer installed swirls. I did a coat of Meguiars cleaner wax followed by a coat of Gold Class and it looks perfect now... took about 45 minutes.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:04 PM
ruah_23

http://www.state.tn.us/consumer/faqauto.html
http://consumer-fraud-lawyer.com/id39.html

It looks like you have a shot... But one is Tenn. and the other is Calif. I would call a lawyer to find out what your rights are. I think you are covered if you have the Interest rate in writing... I would keep that Z safe until I talked to someone. Don't go back to dealer till you know your rights!!!!! IF you go up there then you are at their mercy. I am not a know it all but thats what I would do. Also bump this thread tomorrow, maybe someone out there can help you. I wish I knew more.

Thanks man!
I have every paperwork in the car.I'll let u know what happen next wk.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:16 AM
Alonjar

You should definately be able to just take the car back. Same thing happened to my friend. Bank disapproved the loan, after he already had the car for a week or 2. He just took it back, said no I don't want to pay any more, and they gave him his old car back that he traded in. Not only that, but they had put new tires and a bunch of other stuff on his old car, that he got to keep. Actually worked out rather nicely for him.. lol
Old 03-19-2005, 07:29 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Originally Posted by Alonjar
You should definately be able to just take the car back. Same thing happened to my friend. Bank disapproved the loan, after he already had the car for a week or 2. He just took it back, said no I don't want to pay any more, and they gave him his old car back that he traded in. Not only that, but they had put new tires and a bunch of other stuff on his old car, that he got to keep. Actually worked out rather nicely for him.. lol
Sorry but I gotta call BS on that! Never heard of a dealer giving the car before financing was approved or having all of the cash. Just doesnt work that way and once you take the car and its registered to you its a big hassle for them to unwind the title. ...and his car would have been at the auction within two days. Just too many holes in this one. But if you say so...

Bottomline, once you take delivery (or it get registerd/titled in your name), foget about giving the car back.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:43 AM
ruah_23

Originally Posted by 35ounces
Sorry but I gotta call BS on that! Never heard of a dealer giving the car before financing was approved or having all of the cash. Just doesnt work that way and once you take the car and its registered to you its a big hassle for them to unwind the title. ...and his car would have been at the auction within two days. Just too many holes in this one. But if you say so...

Bottomline, once you take delivery (or it get registerd/titled in your name), foget about giving the car back.
OK what happen if the bank disapprove it...I definately don't wanna pay higher than what I sign for.It's absurd
Old 03-19-2005, 08:15 AM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by 35ounces

when I got my car I told him I was approved by my bank (he didn't check) and I just signed a paper saying I would come up with the money in the next month and drove the car home. He had run a credit check on me and knew I wouldn't have any problems getting approved. I set up the loan like a week later with my bank and just dropped a check off at the dealership.
Old 03-19-2005, 08:19 AM
hypeiv

As it was agree on the contract that I sign, I have to pay 480 bucks/MO, 10.9%APR for 72 months..so total I Pay arnd 30 something grand for a used 04 base with 22k miles.
If I used EXCEL correctly thats like $25,000 for an 04 base with 22k... which is a little high. If there is anyway to back out b/c of a higher payment than you agreed too I would do it then start over and get a better starting price.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:47 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, people often do get theirs cars before final acceptance by the lender........as goofy as it sounds. It happens when a person buys at the dealer; the finance guys work the deal while person is there, buyer signs & leaves with car, then finance institution rejects loan. Dealer notifies buyer he must return car or agree to new (higher) terms/rates.

The above was on a TV show awhile back.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:53 AM
BigMoeTaki42

You're totally allowed to back out. I put a down payment on a black RX-8 before I fell in love with the redline Z they had on the lot. Just tell them you saw the car and the paint was terrible. Either demand they have it professionally detailed or you will not be interested in purchasing that car (or just buy a different car altogether).
Old 03-19-2005, 10:46 AM
ruah_23

Originally Posted by hypeiv
If I used EXCEL correctly thats like $25,000 for an 04 base with 22k... which is a little high. If there is anyway to back out b/c of a higher payment than you agreed too I would do it then start over and get a better starting price.
Oh I forgot to mentioned...I put 3 grand down.
So it's 28 k! U can get an 05 for that.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:05 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
Actually, people often do get theirs cars before final acceptance by the lender........as goofy as it sounds. It happens when a person buys at the dealer; the finance guys work the deal while person is there, buyer signs & leaves with car, then finance institution rejects loan. Dealer notifies buyer he must return car or agree to new (higher) terms/rates.

The above was on a TV show awhile back.

maybe where you are. Here we get loan approvals then sign and get the car.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:05 PM
gpslater

JThrilla, if your car going to be your daily driver, just think about the amount of maintenance involved in keeping your car looking nice and how much you honestly expect to do. Only you know how dedicated you've been in the past. Then think about how much more difficult it will be to own a SB or PPW car. If you think you're really up to the amout of effort it will take to maintain, then go for it. But, if you're like me and don't want/expect to have to wash and wax your car every 3-4 days SB and PPW are not for you. Believe me, I love the look of the SB. IMO it's the most classy color. But, man, I know I couldn't keep it looking new and I'm 56, retired with nothing but time on my hands! Just be realistic. Only you know you. I say go w/ the SS.

Last edited by gpslater; 03-19-2005 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:22 PM
rickyj59

Hey Dude....your 56 and so am I. Did you get a bunch of crap that you were going through a mid life crisis like I did? I love the car and have had a lot of fun with it. I have a Daytona Blue Performance model 6 spd with the nissan chrome alloys. I see your doing some mods, I thought about it myself. I would probably do the JWT popcharger with Nismo exhaust to start.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:46 PM
gpslater

Mid-life crisis, yeah. The way I figure it if this is about mid-life crisis, then cool. That just means I've got 56 more years to go!

Originally Posted by rickyj59
Hey Dude....your 56 and so am I. Did you get a bunch of crap that you were going through a mid life crisis like I did? I love the car and have had a lot of fun with it. I have a Daytona Blue Performance model 6 spd with the nissan chrome alloys. I see your doing some mods, I thought about it myself. I would probably do the JWT popcharger with Nismo exhaust to start.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:12 PM
zmann

If anyone wants to come to Nashville, Tenn to pick up a car, you will be better serviced at Action Nissan, and the fellow I've worked with on 2 vehicles in the last 2 years, Willie Jackson, is great to work with. I had previously bought 4 cars from Hippodrome, but when I had to trade out of my manual Z for an auto, they refused to work with me, wanting to get $5,000 over sticker for a car. Did I say I had bought 4 cars from them in 2 years?? I was so disappointed, I walked out and vowed never to return. Willie has worked with me at Action and has enabled me to take advantage of Nissan's VPP pricing (I do have family that works at Nissan) but he has made it a breeze. They have huge selection; you owe it to yourself to check them out if you shop the Nashville area.

Last edited by zmann; 03-19-2005 at 06:14 PM.