Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

HELP!!! So frustrated/pissed/confused right now!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 04:29 PM
JThrilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! So frustrated/pissed/confused right now!

So I just spent another 2 hours sitting with the dealer trying to find the car I want: A SB Performance without much more than trunk and floor mats, the cargo net, and possibly airbags. I was sold on the VDC based on the fact that this car is my daily driver and I plan to drive it in a midwestern (Indianapolis) winter next year. So he looked and even had the option to drive to Tennessee to get one because all we can find around here is a SB Performance that's LOADED with everything including the chrome rims. I get him to $34,500 out the door on it and that was good enough for me. It was at another dealership across town, so he was going to have to do a dealer trade. I put $2000 down on my credit card and I'll sign the financing papers next week. Me, being excited that I had just bought a pimped out Z, wanted to go see what I had just bought so I drove across town to this other dealership. The sun had just gone down, so I found my car under the flourescent lights. The first thing I notice: huge nasty swirl marks all over the car. The paint job is freaking terrible!! To make it worse, there are random scratches all over it too. The thing really needs a whole new paint job IMO. You can all imagine how disappointed I am right now.

My questions: What can I do? Can I try to get the guy to give me a new paint job? I technically didn't buy the car more than the commitment to put $2k down on it. My second choice is Silverstone, and this experience has me seriously considering that as my new first choice, but am I allowed to back out of my deal now? I'm not even saying I want to back out totally, I just want to back out on THIS scratched up car.

HELP!!! I'm calling the guy in the morning. Thanks everyone!
Old 03-18-2005, 04:41 PM
ssc

if you are not 100% satisfied with the car, dont buy it...there are plenty of other Z's out there
Old 03-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Hella

back out......if they give you crap then call your CC company and dispute the charges. You didnt sign anything so you should be okay.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:24 PM
JThrilla

I did sign something...I signed a contract to commit to putting $2000 down on a 350Z. The good thing is that he didn't put any VIN number or color or reference at all on the contract.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:27 PM
zownz

dude...just say that you are not satisfied with what you recieved...they cant make you buy something you dont like
Old 03-18-2005, 05:36 PM
HokieZ

I'd get out of it and go with Silver if I were you. It shouldn't look like that off the showroom, but it will look like that before long. Black is impossible to keep swirl/scratch free unless you are COMPLETELY **** about it, don't drive it, and professionally detail it regularly. Red is almost as bad but if you don't want it to look like that, espesically as a daily driver, save yourself some heartache and get the silver.

PS I've got red and it's a PITA to keep it looking nice.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:43 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

No problem. Until you sign the papers or give them all of the cash they will not register it to you. Until it is in your name you can get out of it. Don't take delivery if you don't want that car.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Jaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask them to re-paint the car, or just get another color. You can also make them find another SB Z with the same set up that you like, might take a lil longer, but at least you will be happy.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:49 PM
JThrilla

Thanks everybody. The whole problem is that it was such a pain to find this SB in the first place. The guy has a Performance in PPW that I'm actually considering now...I'm not sure I like the idea of a white sports car though.

I'm realizing just how hard the black will be to keep up. Do you think Silverstone is the same? Will it show swirls?
Old 03-18-2005, 06:30 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least in Cali you can get your deposit back until you actually sign ownership papers.

Silver might be better choice if your concerned about swirl marks.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:35 PM
JThrilla

Silverstone or Chrome? Obviously Chrome will show less swirls, but is Silverstone that bad?
Old 03-18-2005, 07:08 PM
Hella

Originally Posted by JThrilla
Thanks everybody. The whole problem is that it was such a pain to find this SB in the first place. The guy has a Performance in PPW that I'm actually considering now...I'm not sure I like the idea of a white sports car though.

I'm realizing just how hard the black will be to keep up. Do you think Silverstone is the same? Will it show swirls?
PPW performance is exactly what I have. I felt the same way at first....but I love it. Has a real nice, classy look......and looks awesome with a dark tint too.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:26 PM
ohw

A white Z is a good thing. My 1st choice used to be SB, but because it is hard to keep clean, I took a PPW. After having it for a year, if I have to do it over again, I would pick the PPW. It is a very stunning color. My friend has a SB, when we parked side by side, the PPW is more eye catching than the SB.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:46 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

JThrilla...PPW is a great color. It was my second choice. Were you talkin' about a '04 or an '05? If your interested in an '05 with a great price give my man Trent a try. I flew down to Tenna. to buy my '04 SB ZR last May and drove home. Trent picked me up at the airport. Your gonna be very surprised about the pricing especially if your lookin' for a '05 Z. email trente@users.ccleads.com or tlearlie@hippodromecars.com or call 1-615-248-5100 ask for Trent Earlie. ps...again your gonna be surprised about the pricing! lol
Old 03-18-2005, 07:50 PM
rickyj59

I did the same thing you did looking for the Performance model in the color I wanted (Daytona Blue Metalic). I got it through Costco Program and the dealer had to get it form a different Dealer. They did a great job detailing it when it got to the dealer with the chrome alloy rims, aero package. I personally don't like the silverstone color (its average and ordinary everybody has it). The Daytona Blue however, you just don't see and per one of the mechanics at the dealership, its the best color they make in the Z. If your not happy now with this car, don't accept it get what you want or you will always be having second thoughts about what you should have done.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:36 PM
JThrilla

Great points...I'm going to take a long hard look at the PPW tomorrow. I agree that there are a lot of silverstones out there, but it still looks pretty slick IMO. Does anyone have an answer to the swirling problem on the silverstone?
Old 03-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going for a PPW myself. Something about a white sport car being more sleeper.

Unfortunately, the only '05 Track I found was a SB one (possibly the last availlable Track in the whole country!)... I've already washed her twice in the first week! I'll have to wax her like crazy just to protect the paint from the soap !
Old 03-18-2005, 09:36 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

swirls are not as noticable on silverstone as they are on sb. silverstone is the first color i saw the z in in person and i had to have it in silverstone after that. i also think the ppw color is awesome. the pearl looks really nice.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:48 PM
capnfrantic

Originally Posted by JThrilla
Does anyone have an answer to the swirling problem on the silverstone?
There isn't a swirling problem on any Z's IMO, It's all about washing and waxing your car properly. You can learn alot in the detailing thread. Get the color you want and if you have to, learn how to maintain it. Good Luck with your purchase!
Old 03-18-2005, 10:06 PM
ruah_23

is it a new/used car?
If it's a new car they shld have give u some papers where u have to sign that they don't owe u anything.Well before u sign them papers, tell them abt the paint and make sure they fix it.If they don't,don't but it.

But if it's a used car...it's either u like it and u buy it or u don't buy it at all.When I test drove my used 04,I like it a lot and sign the papers everything.
The next 2 days before picking up the car, I saw some paint chips at the hood,bumpers,dings near the headlights...worst of all after driving it 2 wks, the brakes start to squeel

My question is that right now, they don't approve my loan and I have been using the car for 3 wks.If they set it up at higher interest, could I say no to them and return the car? They haven't take my DP money btw.......