Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

HELP!!! So frustrated/pissed/confused right now!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 07:52 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"maybe where you are. Here we get loan approvals then sign and get the car.'

Actually it is across the country. Though it only applies to those who finance while at the dealer buying the car. If you walk in with financing then when you sign its a done deal.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:53 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't want to scare you but it sounds like you made some serious mistakes...the first of which is to not do some research first.

I luckily found this website (insert cheesey infomercial music here) and it literally saved me hundreds if not thousands on my last two car purchases.

This guy is a genius, a little long winded and he plugs his advertisers a bit much, but there is so much good advice here. I suggest everyone set aside a few hours to read this site in it's entirety!

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/
Old 03-20-2005, 05:02 AM
EddieJr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ruah_23
Well I already signed the contract agree to buy with this rate ect ect.
The thing is the bank disapproved the loan.I called the fiinance manager and asked them abt it.They said that they have to raise my Interest rate for the bank to approve them.As it was agree on the contract that I sign, I have to pay 480 bucks/MO, 10.9%APR for 72 months..so total I Pay arnd 30 something grand for a used 04 base with 22k miles.

Since the bank disapprove it, they said they gonna raise it to 13% and my M/O payment will be arnd $500++ for 72 months..Total it will be close to 40 K

So my question is can I just cancel it if the bank disapprove the first contract that I sign? even though I already taken the car and drive it?
The contract didn't mention anything abt that. They just said that 'no trial period accepted' but that's if the loan is approve right?

I had this scam pulled on me when I was younger. ALOT of shifty dealers do this to unknowing customers. Take the car back, and tell them to shove it unless they stick do the original deal. They knew what rate you where gonna get 10 minutes after they did the credit check.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:20 AM
capnfrantic

Originally Posted by 35ounces
maybe where you are. Here we get loan approvals then sign and get the car.
MA isn't any different than anywhere else, this happens nationwide. EddieJr is right, input SSN, press enter, BOOM!
Old 03-20-2005, 06:36 AM
ruah_23

Originally Posted by capnfrantic
MA isn't any different than anywhere else, this happens nationwide. EddieJr is right, input SSN, press enter, BOOM!

Well in that case,why do I receive letters from every different kind of bank stated that my loan application has been rejected??
Old 03-20-2005, 06:49 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

I have got dealer financing many times and always got approval before signing. In at least one case I remember waiting for it (a day or two) as part of the process but generally approval (and the rate) are pretty much immediate.

You must be dealing with some very shady delaerships because they can get the credit report and approval pretty darn quickly these days. Like I said before, its not easy to unwind the title and reg. either. I dont think they want to get the car back and have to unwind them anymore then you want the related hassles.

I have never heard of this before and I have purchased a lot of cars over the years. I guess it comes down to being careful in any business deal you enter into. I'd never sign without having the rate on the contract and agreed to by the dealer/bank and I'd bve surprised that a dealer would risk having to get the car back and unwind it.
So if this is in fact true and happens to you, return the car and make it their problem. Simple as that.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:17 AM
capnfrantic

Here's another link ruah_23

http://consumer-fraud-lawyer.com/id39.html
Old 03-20-2005, 07:45 AM
St@inless

JThrilla ... Just to let you know: it, in my opinion, does not matter what color you get = the swirl marks will be the same! It is the same clear coat used for all their colors. True SB may show the swirls easier due to it's non metalic reflection = but under flourescent lights at night - both colors will show swirls the same. I truly thought I would never own a black car, but after reviewing the colors = a black Z looks downright evil IMO! With any new car I have owned = I DO NOT use circular motions to wash or dry the car. I only wash at night to avoid uv rays and water spots, and for drying, I gently PAT the car dry with a soft micro-fiber towl! After each wash, I use Meguiars Deep Crystal wax (using a cotton applicator that I dampen with water before use) to keep the paint protected and slippery smooth!
Old 03-20-2005, 08:34 AM
JThrilla

^^ awesome, I'm going to pick some Meguiars tonight. Where do you get a "cotton applicator"? That sounds like a feminine hygeine issue...lol.

My dealer assured me his detailer would remove all of the swirl marks before I pick the car up on Monday. Do you ever take your car through an automatic wash?
Old 03-20-2005, 08:48 AM
EddieJr

ruha 23 The bank has to inform you as to why your loan was denied...
they threw your contract to all the lenders they use first. Most likely the ones they get a kickback from. That is why you get those letters.

Go online, pay $20 to get your credit score. MyFICO is the one I use. If your score is low say 500-575 then your gonna pay more interest no matter who finances the car. The higher your score the lower the rate.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:45 AM
SekZee

Originally Posted by 35ounces
Sorry but I gotta call BS on that! Never heard of a dealer giving the car before financing was approved or having all of the cash. Just doesnt work that way and once you take the car and its registered to you its a big hassle for them to unwind the title. ...and his car would have been at the auction within two days. Just too many holes in this one. But if you say so...

Bottomline, once you take delivery (or it get registerd/titled in your name), foget about giving the car back.

Same thing happened to my girlfriend not a long ago. She bought a nice 2003 Olds Aurora, drove on it for like 2 weeks. She signed everything, and she already had the tags on it. They just invited her to a delearship, to "sign something to finalize the loan" so she came there, and they just took the tags off right when she got there.

That was the most unprofessional, and rude thing to do...

and i just freaking hate the way they took it back, they didnt even tell her anything untill she got there...
Old 03-20-2005, 05:00 PM
St@inless

Originally Posted by JThrilla
^^ awesome, I'm going to pick some Meguiars tonight. Where do you get a "cotton applicator"? That sounds like a feminine hygeine issue...lol.

My dealer assured me his detailer would remove all of the swirl marks before I pick the car up on Monday. Do you ever take your car through an automatic wash?

First off: congrats on your purchase (when you have time to detail it, then stand back and look at it = you will agree: it is one evil looking car/color!) You can pick up all the necessities at a local auto parts store such as pep boys or auto-zone = just browse the car wash / wax section (the cotton pads / micro fiber towels will be there). Also, after applying wax to the car ... use a clean, micro-fiber cloth to wipe it off. I personally have never used an automatic car wash, though, as long as it is one of those non-contact type of jobs ... I see no problem except your car will look like it went through one!
Old 03-20-2005, 05:16 PM
JThrilla

Originally Posted by St@inless
First off: congrats on your purchase (when you have time to detail it, then stand back and look at it = you will agree: it is one evil looking car/color!) You can pick up all the necessities at a local auto parts store such as pep boys or auto-zone = just browse the car wash / wax section (the cotton pads / micro fiber towels will be there). Also, after applying wax to the car ... use a clean, micro-fiber cloth to wipe it off. I personally have never used an automatic car wash, though, as long as it is one of those non-contact type of jobs ... I see no problem except your car will look like it went through one!
Yea, he had the car out in the sun at the dealership on Saturday and even though it was dirty and still had some sticker marks and swirls on it, I fell in love with the look of the SB all over again. That was all I needed. The guy I bought it from used to race IRL (Indy Racing League) so he's taking me out for some serious driving lessons this week...not a bad perk.

I'll hit up the wax/wash section. How often do you wash it/wax it? I'm planning on every 2-3 weeks. Is that too often? Is there a problem with "over-waxing"? I need to get a good plan for how I'm going to baby this paint job. Suggestions?

Thanks for your advice man...and you're right, the SB looks straight up EVIL.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:42 PM
St@inless

I usually wash / wax the car every Thursday night (if weather permits) to prepare for the weekend! There is no such thing as over-waxing the car (as long as it is wax and NOT some type of scratch remover / glaze) Wax adds a layer of protectant where scratch remover / glaze removes a fine layer of the clear coat! Some on this message board actually wax their car multiple times at once to add a deeper look to the paint = though I feel 1x once a week is just fine! Keeping the car waxed will help remove all the bugs and what not that gets attached the car (they will literally melt off with water from the hose) and birds will not be your worst enemy any more!
Old 03-20-2005, 06:16 PM
rlw888

My car previous to my 04 ZR was an 01 IS300 (Black). It was really impossible to get the swirl marks out of it after a couple of years, unless I took it to have them buffed out. I'm very **** about my car and it wasn't enough to keep out the swirls. When it got in direct sunlight it always looked horrible. I have a silverstone ZR now, and while I do see some swirl marks, they are far less visible, and much easier to hide with a fresh coat of wax. U can check out my Z pics (silverstone) in direct sunlight, see link below...

Last edited by rlw888; 03-20-2005 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:40 PM
gburch

Originally Posted by rlw888
My car previous to my 04 ZR was an 01 IS300 (Black). It was really impossible to get the swirl marks out of it after a couple of years, unless I took it to have them buffed out. I'm very **** about my car and it wasn't enough to keep out the swirls. When it got in direct sunlight it always looked horrible. I have a silverstone ZR now, and while I do see some swirl marks, they are far less visible, and much easier to hide with a fresh coat of wax. U can check out my Z pics (silverstone) in direct sunlight, see link below...
Nice Car! I am getting the same color roadster, I might make a last minute switch to le mans sunset I can't decide! Anyway any tips for taking care of the Top? I have never owned a convertible so I want to make sure to keep the thing in good shape. I live in FL so the heat / sun will be trying hard to hurt it.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:48 PM
rlw888

Originally Posted by gburch
Nice Car! I am getting the same color roadster, I might make a last minute switch to le mans sunset I can't decide! Anyway any tips for taking care of the Top? I have never owned a convertible so I want to make sure to keep the thing in good shape. I live in FL so the heat / sun will be trying hard to hurt it.
I have only had the car for 7 months now, and to be honest I have haven't done anything to the top except to wipe it with a wet cloth. I don't wash it with soap or anything though. I'm going to try to keep all chemicals off of it as much as possible. Since I live in Southern CA, the top is rarely up anyway (as it should be, right? ). They do give some brief instructions on caring for the top in the manual, like to let it dry after washing (before opening), and using conditioner, but not really many details.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:53 PM
gburch

Originally Posted by rlw888
I have only had the car for 7 months now, and to be honest I have haven't done anything to the top except to wipe it with a wet cloth. I don't wash it with soap or anything though. I'm going to try to keep all chemicals off of it as much as possible. Since I live in Southern CA, the top is rarely up anyway (as it should be, right? ). They do give some brief instructions on caring for the top in the manual, like to let it dry after washing (before opening), and using conditioner, but not really many details.
Yea I read the details in the Manual already. I was hoping there was more, but I guess its a good thing that there isn't much to it. I live in FL so the top won't be up frequently either . Thanks!
Old 03-20-2005, 10:07 PM
ruah_23

Originally Posted by EddieJr
ruha 23 The bank has to inform you as to why your loan was denied...
they threw your contract to all the lenders they use first. Most likely the ones they get a kickback from. That is why you get those letters.

Go online, pay $20 to get your credit score. MyFICO is the one I use. If your score is low say 500-575 then your gonna pay more interest no matter who finances the car. The higher your score the lower the rate.
I have those letters and they said my credit is Insufficient for loan.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:10 PM
ruah_23

Originally Posted by SekZee
Same thing happened to my girlfriend not a long ago. She bought a nice 2003 Olds Aurora, drove on it for like 2 weeks. She signed everything, and she already had the tags on it. They just invited her to a delearship, to "sign something to finalize the loan" so she came there, and they just took the tags off right when she got there.

That was the most unprofessional, and rude thing to do...

and i just freaking hate the way they took it back, they didnt even tell her anything untill she got there...

wait..so they ask her to sign to finallized the loan and she didn't sign or what?
U can keep the car but u have to pay more interest.That's why I don't want to.
I'll be glad to return it back since the brakes start squeeling...paint chips everywhere in the hood and front bumper.I like the car but for the amnt I'm paying, I don't think I wanna pay for that kind of quality.