Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Almost got car stolen

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 05:23 PM
tntrac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Panda,

You mind sharing the location that the incident happened? What a freaking loser to steal a man's car.

Tony
Old 03-23-2005, 05:27 PM
Alonjar

Originally Posted by Low J.
that's why I don't have cupholders in my Z.....had to make space for Mr. 9mm....nobody's getting my friggin' car without getting bad case of lead poisoning along with it.
Pics?

I plan on getting a concealed weapons permit next year. Any recommendations on a firearm? My experience is limited to rifles.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:28 PM
BoostTed

WTF??? where did this happen at?

Oh im mailing your valve caps out tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Jim Yandell

You can buy pepper spray online. I carry it when I walk my dog and keep a canister in my car. However, I'd never leave Southern California...the suspense is exciting.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:31 PM
FLZ_Boy

Glad your okay. I don't care what the flower people in California have to say about your actions, but I have to say............. Good Job for kicking the dumb@$$ out of your car.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:57 PM
mdracer76
Banned

I would have abducted him.. tied him to a chair in my basement.. then pulled out his toenails with pliers. Then after weeks of sleep deprivation an near starvation, Tagged his ear with a tracking device and drive him out to the middle of the woods and release him like a bear.

Just like on the Discovery channel.

Old 03-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 on pepper spray. I keep a small can in my door pocket.

GO AHEAD...MAKE MY DAY!!!

Stuff burns like a *****!!!
Old 03-23-2005, 06:38 PM
Masterfulks

Pepperspray inside your car may get you and the attacker....

I guess it's all good as long as he gets the worse end of it.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:38 PM
kinjal

Originally Posted by Low J.
that's why I don't have cupholders in my Z.....had to make space for Mr. 9mm....nobody's getting my friggin' car without getting bad case of lead poisoning along with it.
i dont know if you are serious or kidding. you really have a 9mm in your car? thats some hardcore shiitt. but we do live in a fuhked up world where sometimes a gun is the only thing to make us feel safe.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:42 PM
Masterfulks

Originally Posted by Alonjar
Pics?

I plan on getting a concealed weapons permit next year. Any recommendations on a firearm? My experience is limited to rifles.

I'd be interest to see how to stash a gun in the cupholder part as well.

Unless he means the one in the armrest.

I keep my glock 26 wrapped in a black cloth behind the drivers seat. I have a sunscreen thing covering it up. Keeps it concealed and easy to get too.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:52 PM
TJMAudio

Originally Posted by Masterfulks
Pepperspray inside your car may get you and the attacker....

I guess it's all good as long as he gets the worse end of it.
My friend's dad is a police officer, him and his buddy got to spray each other with pepper spray... My friend's dad sprayed the other cop, NO EFFECT at all. Some people are immune to this, just as some people are immune to tazers, etc...

No one is immune to my Glock
Old 03-23-2005, 08:35 PM
cckleung

Panda350Z, I would like to hear the entire story. How did you caught him, did he get away? Which city did it happen? I'm from SoCal also, I better be careful.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:50 PM
Alonjar

Originally Posted by kinjal
we do live in a fuhked up world where sometimes a gun is the only thing to make us feel safe.
Its very sad, but very true. I'm definately not a violent person, but I have every intention of getting myself a permit and a handgun ever since a series of unfortunate events happened to a good friend of mine.

I'll share the story.

First, let me start off by saying my friends mother died of cancer when he was young. Sad, but nothing that could have been done about it. So he was raised by his father, who never remarried. His dad was basically all he had in the world, and they were very close. His father did contract construction work. Well, one day while on a job site, his father was confronted/robbed by a group of men who were never identified. He attempted to put up a fight, rather than lose his belongings. For his efforts, they beat him to death with a brick.

So naturally, my friend was very devistated.. but life goes on, and he managed. My friend did get himself a gun though, to give him a feeling of safety in a suddenly dangerous world. Luckily his father had a decent life insurance policy, so while nothing could replace him, my friend did get a small windfall of cash. Several months later, my friend was having a particularly bad day, so in an attempt to put him in better spirits, we figured we'd make use of some of his new found wealth and went to a local cadillac dealership and drove off with what had been his dream car (a Diamond White Escalade). He was definately thrilled, it was the happiest I had seem him in quite awhile. It was his dream car, and it was something to remind him of his father.

About a week later, he was sitting at a traffic light. His window was rolled about halfway down, and he was startled by a very drunken mexican who had approached the side of his car, holding what was described to me as "a large rambo type combat knife". The guy attempted to open the door, but it was locked. So he demanded my friend get out of the car, and attempted to reach his arm inside the window. Reacting to what was happening, my friend rolled his window up, so the mexican pulled his arm out. He then proceded to yell a bunch of slurred words my friend couldnt understand, and then bashed the handle of the knife against his drivers side window. The window cracked severely, but didn't actually shatter. The guy then swung for the window again, but the blow never reached. My friend had put two rounds in the guys chest.

He said his only regret was that he stepped out of the car, and put another in the guys head. Not because he felt bad, but because the dead carjackers family tried sueing the crap out of him in civil court. It didn't matter that he had an extremely high BAC, or that there was a warrant out on him for dealing Crystal Meth. They said he used excessive force, etc etc. They tried to claim their relative hadn't actually tried breaking through the window, and that the window had only been broken because my friend shot through it. Luckily he had witnesses who saw the whole thing and testified on his behalf, but in the end he had to spend a very large portion of the money he got from the life insurance on lawyers and what not.

As far as criminal court was concerned, he was justified. When asked about why he had jumped out and shot again, he simply told them that the guy tried to get back up. *shrug*

Now you can say all you want about how guns are bad and we should all go hug a tree, but in the end, I only see two facts

1) If my friend had not had a gun, there is a very good chance he would have been killed, or at least seriously hurt.
2) If his father had been armed, he would probably be alive today.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather be armed knowing I can put up a fight, than put my life in some criminals hands to let them decide if they want to leave a witness lying around or not.

And I'd be interesting in seeing any set ups in your cars for a gun holder or whatever

Last edited by Alonjar; 03-23-2005 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:45 PM
copba1t

Originally Posted by Panda350z
However, here in california, its very hard to get a concealed weapons license.
More like IMPOSSIBLE, unless maybe you are one of Arnold's bodyguards or something
Old 03-23-2005, 10:49 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya know, guys, all this macho stuff is really swell but how about keeping your doors locked?

Guns, knifes, flashlights, etc all lead to putting yourself into the court system. Why would you want to do that?
Old 03-23-2005, 11:14 PM
FLZ_Boy

Originally Posted by Alonjar
Its very sad, but very true. I'm definately not a violent person, but I have every intention of getting myself a permit and a handgun ever since a series of unfortunate events happened to a good friend of mine.

I'll share the story.

First, let me start off by saying my friends mother died of cancer when he was young. Sad, but nothing that could have been done about it. So he was raised by his father, who never remarried. His dad was basically all he had in the world, and they were very close. His father did contract construction work. Well, one day while on a job site, his father was confronted/robbed by a group of men who were never identified. He attempted to put up a fight, rather than lose his belongings. For his efforts, they beat him to death with a brick.

So naturally, my friend was very devistated.. but life goes on, and he managed. My friend did get himself a gun though, to give him a feeling of safety in a suddenly dangerous world. Luckily his father had a decent life insurance policy, so while nothing could replace him, my friend did get a small windfall of cash. Several months later, my friend was having a particularly bad day, so in an attempt to put him in better spirits, we figured we'd make use of some of his new found wealth and went to a local cadillac dealership and drove off with what had been his dream car (a Diamond White Escalade). He was definately thrilled, it was the happiest I had seem him in quite awhile. It was his dream car, and it was something to remind him of his father.

About a week later, he was sitting at a traffic light. His window was rolled about halfway down, and he was startled by a very drunken mexican who had approached the side of his car, holding what was described to me as "a large rambo type combat knife". The guy attempted to open the door, but it was locked. So he demanded my friend get out of the car, and attempted to reach his arm inside the window. Reacting to what was happening, my friend rolled his window up, so the mexican pulled his arm out. He then proceded to yell a bunch of slurred words my friend couldnt understand, and then bashed the handle of the knife against his drivers side window. The window cracked severely, but didn't actually shatter. The guy then swung for the window again, but the blow never reached. My friend had put two rounds in the guys chest.

He said his only regret was that he stepped out of the car, and put another in the guys head. Not because he felt bad, but because the dead carjackers family tried sueing the crap out of him in civil court. It didn't matter that he had an extremely high BAC, or that there was a warrant out on him for dealing Crystal Meth. They said he used excessive force, etc etc. They tried to claim their relative hadn't actually tried breaking through the window, and that the window had only been broken because my friend shot through it. Luckily he had witnesses who saw the whole thing and testified on his behalf, but in the end he had to spend a very large portion of the money he got from the life insurance on lawyers and what not.

As far as criminal court was concerned, he was justified. When asked about why he had jumped out and shot again, he simply told them that the guy tried to get back up. *shrug*

Now you can say all you want about how guns are bad and we should all go hug a tree, but in the end, I only see two facts

1) If my friend had not had a gun, there is a very good chance he would have been killed, or at least seriously hurt.
2) If his father had been armed, he would probably be alive today.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather be armed knowing I can put up a fight, than put my life in some criminals hands to let them decide if they want to leave a witness lying around or not.

And I'd be interesting in seeing any set ups in your cars for a gun holder or whatever

More reason why I support no civil remedies for criminals.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Neo105

Just use the "2F2F" Passenger Ejector Seat
Old 03-23-2005, 11:29 PM
Panda350z

Yeh...I recommend the glock 19 or 17, low recoil and awesome aim. But a flashlight wouldn't really get you into too much trouble, if you go to court for it you'll prob end up getting money sueing the bastard for emotional distress or what not. But yeh once again its not too good to use violence. But hey, if your taking my car/baby, be prepared to deal with someone thats gonna put up a fight

Thanks guys for all the sympathy, but yeh to all you so cal peoples, this happened on euclid in garden grove/anaheim right before i entered the 91 freeway. So careful everyone. And once again drive with your doors locked.

To others out there, i don't know about you guys, but yeh we live in a pretty messed up world. I dunno how others are in different car forums, but for all z drivers, everyone seems pretty cool, so watch out cause we got some nice cars that people be hating on.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Panda350z

Oh yeh, thanks boosted for the valve stems.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:30 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
Ya know, guys, all this macho stuff is really swell but how about keeping your doors locked?

Guns, knifes, flashlights, etc all lead to putting yourself into the court system. Why would you want to do that?
Some people have their windows open or top down. For anyone to come near and try something I will cut them to pieces.

Quick Reply: Almost got car stolen