Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why should i buy a Z if...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 01:26 PM
bixby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I would I put 390,000 miles on my Z31 before I sold her. I've yet to see a Honda with that many miles. So yes, I am bias towards Nissans.

I have an 03 and the tranny issue is non existant so far (21,000 miles). I've had a few of the annoying issues like window grease, tire feathering (didn't show up until 14,000 miles) & fuel door not opening. Over all it is an awesome car for the money.

And I'd get another quote on the insurance I'd think any difference in insurance cost would be minimal.

Bottom line, don't get the Z if you're already expecting to have trouble and really want something else. If you go with an 03 remember it's a first year car and unless the previous owner took care of some of the TSB issues you're going to have to so be prepaired & don't diss the car. I believe most of the major issues are resolved for the 04 & 05 coupes. I can't respond about the roadster though.

Good luck which ever way you go. Personally I don't think you can go wrong with the Z.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:38 PM
vladsstuff

I say go for the Z - much better performance, + you get a 3-year warranty if anything does go wrong. With the auto tranny, there should be less problems than with a stick.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:40 PM
kw1k

Originally Posted by vladsstuff
I say go for the Z - much better performance, + you get a 3-year warranty if anything does go wrong. With the auto tranny, there should be less problems than with a stick.

Wait the Auto tranny has more problems then the MT?
Old 03-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Edison_Chen

I dont think there are many problems with the auto
Old 03-28-2005, 01:43 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another issue not even brought up is practicality.

RSX has 4 seats, Z has 2, can you live with only 2?

Fold those rear seats down in the RSX and the trunk is cavernous compared to the Zs long but not very tall compartment, can you live with a car that is twice as big on the outside as it is on the inside?

Gas mileage may also be a factor if you are worried about monthly cost, how much are you driving?

I personally love my Z and can't think of another car out there I would be willing to spend my money on but your car needs to be right for you.

Chris
Old 03-28-2005, 01:46 PM
kw1k

Originally Posted by HyperSprite
Another issue not even brought up is practicality.

RSX has 4 seats, Z has 2, can you live with only 2?

Fold those rear seats down in the RSX and the trunk is cavernous compared to the Zs long but not very tall compartment, can you live with a car that is twice as big on the outside as it is on the inside?

Gas mileage may also be a factor if you are worried about monthly cost, how much are you driving?

I personally love my Z and can't think of another car out there I would be willing to spend my money on but your car needs to be right for you.

Chris

Good point, But yes i can live with a 2 seater , The car is bigger then the RSX but i dont mind it
Old 03-28-2005, 01:46 PM
projectmrod

i bought my Z certified preowned. i'm not really sure it was my tranny that went out.. but i know for sure it was the throwout bearing. anyways.. i took it into the dealership and they changed the tranny without me even knowing. i was getting in the car to drive off the lot and the lady handed me the service receipt and was like..." now just take it easy, you have a new transmission so your going to have to break it in" so even if you do have a tranny problem.. your going to get a NEW.. BETTER(i think).. tranny