Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Bose Issue? [CD Changer]

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 08:10 AM
bixby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Bose Issue? [CD Changer]

The CD changer in my Bose HU is cutting out. At first I thought it was skipping on a particular CD but it does it on any CD. It's almost like the unit is losing power but there is no flicker of any kind & it works fine when on radio. I did do an upgrade on my sound system & first thought there may be a lose wire or something but wouldn't I have issues on any source If that were the case?

I plan on replacing the HU soon but if this keeps up I'll need to do it sooner than later.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem with the Bose HU?

Thanks,

David
Old 03-29-2005, 09:08 AM
saybch1

I had the same problem. I took it to the dealer, it was displaying an error code. So, they replaced it. I did not realize until after it was replaced that it also effected the volume level.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:52 AM
grifferjr

i mainly noticed this with cold weather. it has been documented before that the bose does have problems in real cold weather. havent experienced anything lately but i rarely use the changer now cause i have satellite radio.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:38 PM
bixby

Originally Posted by grifferjr
i mainly noticed this with cold weather. it has been documented before that the bose does have problems in real cold weather. havent experienced anything lately but i rarely use the changer now cause i have satellite radio.
Did the error code appear on the front display or was it something that the dealer had to diag?

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2005, 02:01 PM
grifferjr

Originally Posted by bixby
Did the error code appear on the front display or was it something that the dealer had to diag?

Thanks!
never had it addressed to that degree, cause it was pretty consistent. barely ever happened, and only when the outside temp was below freezing and the car had been sitting out say through work or something. there were enough other people on here that said the same thing, that i just assumed it normal, figuring the temps were harsh. sorry i cant help.

oh yeah also, no error code or message, basically just skipped around till it warmed up.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:14 AM
saybch1

The dealer diag the error code. I was told my the Service Manager that this was a common problem.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:44 AM
bixby

Originally Posted by saybch1
The dealer diag the error code. I was told my the Service Manager that this was a common problem.
Thank you! Guess I'll have it checked out when I do my next service, if I can stand it that long. I think the "cold" issue is valid. Even though it doesn't really get that cold here plus my car is always garaged, it seems if I wait a while before turning the unit on I don't have the problem.

Thanks again for the help!