Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

AT or MT Soon too buy 1~!

Old 03-30-2005, 01:07 PM
Camel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The WRX is known for having a "glass tranny" when in reality a very small percentage of people have ever had a problem, some even pushing agressive Stage 4 tunes.I suspect the people having the problems are the most vocal and might make it seem like the issue is more prevalent than it really is. I wonder what percentage of manual tranny Z's have had issues? Regardless, people aren't going out of their way to say "hey guys, my tranny works great, fyi!" I surely wouldn't avoid the manual because you are worried it might break someday.

As for the stick or manual, that's up to you. I agree to some extent that the beauty of a sports car is diluted by not being able to shift manually and have utter control. I also understand that some people never become proficient with a manual and may not want one, might use the car to sit in traffic everyday, or might have significant others that refuse to drive stick... and so on. At least you have a choice. Drive both, then decide.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:16 PM
Aggro_Al

Originally Posted by Sensation350Z
Arrogance. Why exactly is there "no such thing as an AT sportscar"?

Transmission is purely preferencial.
Sensation350Z,

It's better to just let this one go. mrbader didn't attack anyone or try to purposely lie to anyone. He is just saying his opinion. He's allowed his opinion as long as he doesn't attack anyone or outright lie. Not allowing him to have or share his opinion or to bash him for his opinion is just as bad as the 6MT Fanboys.

Al
Old 03-30-2005, 01:32 PM
kw1k

loollllll , Alright thanks alot i think i kno what my choice will be, 6 Speed MT thanks !
Old 03-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by Aggro_Al
Sensation350Z,

It's better to just let this one go. mrbader didn't attack anyone or try to purposely lie to anyone. He is just saying his opinion. He's allowed his opinion as long as he doesn't attack anyone or outright lie. Not allowing him to have or share his opinion or to bash him for his opinion is just as bad as the 6MT Fanboys.

Al
Okay, he could have just said "I think the 6MT is a billion times better than the 5AT" and I wouldn`t have even given it a 2nd thought.
Saying something like "There`s no such thing at a AT sports car" is bashing those of us who own the 5AT Z.

Getting back on topic.. congrats on ur MT Z. Enjoy and be safe
Old 03-30-2005, 02:09 PM
kw1k

AHHHHH i read another thread about , bad trannys on the MT!!! i cant take it anymore !! why cant nissan just build a dam good tranny!!!!!!!!~~!@!
Old 03-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Sensation350Z

not all cars are gonna be perfect. As long as you dont drive your car extremely hard, your tranny should be fine.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:33 PM
Aggro_Al

Congrats! Let us know when you get it.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:37 PM
cobrasak

Originally Posted by hndumafia
i would suggest a 6mt. i enjoy being more involved in the driving experience.
dont you have a test to study for

by the way get a 6sp, there is no greater pleasure than playing with your stick, um i mean gears
Old 03-30-2005, 03:54 PM
kw1k

^^^ soo true i agree with all of your 6 MT owners driving a MT is just alot more fun , But im afriad of the Tranny going out...
Old 03-30-2005, 05:30 PM
mpol99

Originally Posted by kw1k
loollllll , Alright thanks alot i think i kno what my choice will be, 6 Speed MT thanks !
GOOD CHOICE!!!! (Even though my Z is on its 3rd trans.......hahaha)

I will never drive an automatic sports car, unless it's a Mercedes SL
Old 03-30-2005, 06:07 PM
wookie

well diff between at and mt depends on at
nissans manumatic is just great , diff betwen mt and at for 350z is so little that u wont feel it even imo
just 0.5(even less ) sec for 1/4 mile , and on manumatic mode u can even make this diff like 0.2-0.3~ or something
and ya if u not that good at mt u wont even hit 14.5 1/4 mile muahaahha

for example mersedes sl 55 amg 35%... tiptronic is so great
Old 03-30-2005, 08:34 PM
kw1k

Originally Posted by mpol99
GOOD CHOICE!!!! (Even though my Z is on its 3rd trans.......hahaha)

I will never drive an automatic sports car, unless it's a Mercedes SL
Oh geez thanks just more mad news!

Ugg its soo hard , too pick one , Pick an AT, 350Z have no problems with it maybe feathering other then that your good, Pick an MT 350Z and enjoy going threw the gears like theirs no tommrow in a sports car, with problems!

damm you crappy trannys!
Old 03-31-2005, 05:33 AM
mrbader

Originally Posted by Sensation350Z
Okay, he could have just said "I think the 6MT is a billion times better than the 5AT" and I wouldn`t have even given it a 2nd thought.
Saying something like "There`s no such thing at a AT sports car" is bashing those of us who own the 5AT Z.

Getting back on topic.. congrats on ur MT Z. Enjoy and be safe

My comment is not bashing those who drive the AT... that's just what I think about the AT in a sportcar. I personally wouldn't buy one for ME. That's the question that he asked. I don't like mustangs either... to me it's a 2 door ford taurus... not bashing those who drive them... just wouldn't buy one for myself.

Sorry if I offended anyone... wasn't meant to.

...Bader
Old 03-31-2005, 09:43 AM
Built2shredZ

do a search of the entire site and write down the names of all the people who are having transmission problems, you'll probably find its not that many but just the same posting over and over again because there upset...
Old 03-31-2005, 11:42 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez, there have been very few tranny issues relative to number produced.

Your over-thinking/stressing on this.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:37 PM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by mrbader
My comment is not bashing those who drive the AT... that's just what I think about the AT in a sportcar. I personally wouldn't buy one for ME. That's the question that he asked. I don't like mustangs either... to me it's a 2 door ford taurus... not bashing those who drive them... just wouldn't buy one for myself.

Sorry if I offended anyone... wasn't meant to.

...Bader
no worries

and to the creator of this thread, don`t base your judgement from what 3 people at a car forum tell you. If you REALLY want a MT, then you`ll get one. Just wondering, how old are you?
Old 03-31-2005, 01:20 PM
bauckrob1

What do you mean, its not a sports car unless its a mt. Bunch of horse s***. Most vettes are AT and that is the prototypical sports car in America. I have a 2004.5 AT and I love it. I drove both and prefered the AT easily. Not only that, the myth that the MT is faster is false. Ive rocked 2 MT z's. You probably gonna say the MT driver couldnt drive right! This kid has had this car for 14 months. The MT is probably faster top speed, but your not gonna be traveling @ 150mph or more hardly ever unless you live near salt flats.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:31 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by bauckrob1
What do you mean, its not a sports car unless its a mt. Bunch of horse s***. Most vettes are AT and that is the prototypical sports car in America. I have a 2004.5 AT and I love it. I drove both and prefered the AT easily. Not only that, the myth that the MT is faster is false. Ive rocked 2 MT z's. You probably gonna say the MT driver couldnt drive right! This kid has had this car for 14 months. The MT is probably faster top speed, but your not gonna be traveling @ 150mph or more hardly ever unless you live near salt flats.
NAH...they're both limited at 155. MT only gives you an advantage if you can shift better than a computer. I'm putting my money on the computer. LOL
I got AT just because of the traffic during season and that I am...lets say..easily distracted. LOL
Old 03-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bauckrob1

it's not a factor of faster or not, it's about the feel and control you get from a manual.

Trust me, I'm not bashing auto's, it's your money so get what you like and who cares what everyone else thinks.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:15 PM
kw1k

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
Geez, there have been very few tranny issues relative to number produced.

Your over-thinking/stressing on this.

Yeah i kno , your right.... ugg... well see

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AT or MT Soon too buy 1~!