2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AT or MT Soon too buy 1~!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 08:53 PM
kw1k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Naw, Im a Pretty Hard Core Honda enthusiast and i kno , what problems they have and not, their very nice cars and have very little problems at all.

Anyways I went too Test drive both cars today MT on both of them, And both are very nice, The S2k shifts smother and i like the feel of the car, Since the Honda and Nissan dealers are right next too each other i told the sales man im comparing these too cars and will be looking into 1 , within this month. So i asked both dealers if i can take turns faster then ppl normally do, Both dealers let me go at it. And i have too say The S2k handles better then the Z , but i luv the low end power of the 350z , even tho the S2k doesnt have much TQ , its still a fun car too drive.

wooke : i agree with u on couple things, but i think the "looks" on both cars are really amazing.. S2k with a hardtop and rims looks better too me IMO , But both cars have their + and - , but i think but from the way it looks im going more tords the S2000

Thanks for all your help on my350z.com you guys great site with great people , Ill let you kno wat my outcome is with the car ! untill then ill just keep gaining info!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:01 PM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by kw1k
Thanks for all your help on my350z.com you guys great site with great people , Ill let you kno wat my outcome is with the car ! untill then ill just keep gaining info!
Its a major purchase so get the car you like the most.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:49 PM
wookie

i love s2000 too and have nothing against it

its your choise

both cars great

good luck man
Old 04-02-2005, 11:53 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cobrasak
by the way diggy you coming out toniite
dude what are you doing on this forum!? your Z is long gone. and you know you miss the torque, and sub 16 second quarter miles!

kw1k - the s2k is a sweet car also, but if you're going to be going to college soon, the s2k would absolutely suck for having to take stuff between school and home. the Z isn't great or even really good for transporting stuff, but it's a lot better than a s2k would be. oh and it's pretty much impossible to hook up with a chick in a s2k, but it's possible in the Z!
Old 04-03-2005, 07:19 AM
Alonjar

I would just like to chime in, its not like you have *no* control over the tranny with the AT.. I personally love the manumatic type ATs, and feel that it is a very reasonable trade off between the 6 speed.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:57 PM
cobrasak

Originally Posted by hndumafia
dude what are you doing on this forum!? your Z is long gone. and you know you miss the torque, and sub 16 second quarter miles!

kw1k - the s2k is a sweet car also, but if you're going to be going to college soon, the s2k would absolutely suck for having to take stuff between school and home. the Z isn't great or even really good for transporting stuff, but it's a lot better than a s2k would be. oh and it's pretty much impossible to hook up with a chick in a s2k, but it's possible in the Z!

hahaha really funny diggy, by the way its easier to hook up with a women in the s2k, just drop the top and the sky is the limit
Old 04-05-2005, 07:24 PM
mrbader

How about using your personality to hook up with a chick? don't mind me just a thought. My damn Z has never gotten me laid... but when I was a kid my dads old Cadillac did... if only those back seats could talk... well the front too.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:41 PM
MulhollandDrive

If you live in an area without a lot of stop and go traffic and enjoy driving, i would very much encourage you to get the MT for the control. Punch the throttle on a AT car with a real kickdown (to redline) with an engine with lots of torque on a slightly wet day and get sideways just once and you will wish you had a MT (say a Camaro Z80 AT). Downshift into a curve with just the right gear and hold the throttle and power out and you will be grinning as you exit the curve. Sure, if you know the curve, you can tell some AT to downshift say two gears, but its a learned response (say MB C320 Sports AT). IMHO MT allows you to anticipate the need for power and shift before you need to accelerate resulting in more control. I am not saying that you cannot get into trouble with a MT, I just think it is less likely if you are careful.

As for "accelerating" from a standstill, I just don't recommend this. If you drive enough, you will one day see someone run a red light and just barely miss you. That said IMHO the AT is easier off the line. It is just too simple to hold the brake, press the throttle and wait.

Now some roadsters like the MB 500 SL do seem AT friendly.

Originally Posted by kw1k
But on the other hand I would really love too have a 6 Speed MT Z
Old 04-08-2005, 01:08 AM
n8vz

No problem with the 6MT on my 2003 Track. The Z is the 3rd manual car I have own, and I have to admit, Nissan transmission are lightyears behind BMW. But, trust me! 6MT is the only way to go!

as for AT in a "sports" car. I have a friend with a high performance automatic cars who drives in sports mode (+/- gear selection) most of the time. I never understood the concept behind it. If you are going through the trouble of shifting +/- gear like a manual, you might as well add a clutch pedal to make it the real thing.
Old 04-08-2005, 01:45 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

>> If you live in an area without a lot of stop and go traffic and enjoy driving, i would very much encourage you to get the MT for the control.

I'd just like to mention for the third time on this board that I highly prefer a stick shift even in heavy traffic.

In fact, traffic is the point where I miss the stick the most. Holding down the brake pedal while the transmission is engaged bugs the hell out of me. If the car is pulling me along against my will, I get so freakin pissed I have the urge to get out and walk. It's as if I'm missing the proper controls to express my current situation, I'm disgusted, indignant, and generally annoyed at the whole world.

The simple reason for a clutch is that it gives one the ability to control both power and the application of that power to the road independently, which adds a further dimension to driving.

Last edited by nbdyfcnsqnc; 04-08-2005 at 02:09 AM.