Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Looking for Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Marconi7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Opinions

Well, with a title like that I suppose that I'm setting myself up for a lot of replies.

I am looking at purchasing a Touring Z, but wanted to get your opinions on what options to get. Did you not get a certain option that you thought you could do without but found out later that you really would like or the opposite where you added an option that you wouldn't want.

I've also heard that the Bose system is not that great. Any comments?

Thanks
Old 03-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Bose system isn't that good at all - not really bad but certainly not worth $1200 or whatever it's going for. I would say for half that you could buy and have installed a much better system by Kenwood, Pioneer, or the like.

I looked at the Touring roadsters but the look of the roofline with the top up turned me off and the noise coming through the top from OPM (other people's music) didn't make me happy either.

So that meant I was looking at the coupes and the Bembro's sold me on the 35th.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:16 AM
rxtrom

If you are looking for the "best buy" Z. Then alot of people here say its the enthusiast. The touring comes with the Bose/Leather/VDC/Heated seats & mirrors etc. All the perks. I don't think you can opt out of any of those.

The carpeted trunk mat/ cargo convenience pkg are the ones I think are the waste. BUT in order to get the aluminum kick plates you need those options. Silly I know, but build your own Z and see. www.nissanusa.com

When you break it down maybe you can save $200-300 in options, but when you are buying a 30k car, does it make a diff?
The money to be saved is in the trim pkgs.
Good luck
Old 03-30-2005, 12:09 PM
grifferjr

Originally Posted by Marconi7
Well, with a title like that I suppose that I'm setting myself up for a lot of replies.

I am looking at purchasing a Touring Z, but wanted to get your opinions on what options to get. Did you not get a certain option that you thought you could do without but found out later that you really would like or the opposite where you added an option that you wouldn't want.

I've also heard that the Bose system is not that great. Any comments?

Thanks
I have the touring model and love almost every aspect of it. The BOSE system is average at best. i am not an audiophile so its fine for me. i am came from a decked out grand prix so for me i had to have leather seats, and seat warmers also. love them. i dont think i will ever buy a car without leather again.

if you are into performance then i think the track model is best, but you have to remember that when it comes time for maintenence (brakes/brembos, etc) its going to be much more expensive. i heard a brembo brake job can cost several hundred dollars. If you want to mainly mod the car then the enthusiast is best, cheaper start up price saving the bucks for the mods. the touring in my opinion is for a person who may do more that the average driving with the Z, and really doesnt look to do much to it.

my biggest complaint about the touring is the 17 inch wheels, but i changed them out for 19's
Old 03-30-2005, 12:16 PM
BigMoeTaki42

I love everything about the touring except the bose sound system. I mean, the bose isn't a bad sound system, it's just not amazing. I don't need earth shaking bass to enjoy led zep though, so I don't mind too much.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Sensation350Z

ok I don`t know what all this bose hating is about.. I like the Bose system, better than the enthusiast system anyways =P
Old 03-30-2005, 12:36 PM
zownz

yeah dude...BOSE system owns
Old 03-30-2005, 07:12 PM
DeeZee

I have an 03 model.....the Bose is awful....just bought a Lexus RX330 for my wife and it's standard stereo rocks comparison to the Bose
Wish there were Brembos in the touring model....
Old 03-31-2005, 06:50 AM
Marconi7

What about the navigation? Did any of you get the navigation or not get it and think you should have?

Thanks