Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone in NYC got out of a speeding ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 08:19 PM
themyst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in NYC got out of a speeding ticket?

Got caught today doing 73 in a 50 on the GCP / NSP border. Ridiculous, because i had the digital speedo on and i didn't even pass 68. Anyone know the courts in the queens area?
Old 11-19-2002, 08:33 PM
BENCH

Angry

got caught doing 86 on 50. my friend got caught DWI and she paid $2k+ her lawyer w/connection in Manhattan to wipe out her DMV record. she had to take the written test to get a license again. you can take care of it if you got the $$$.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:39 AM
themyst

Well, any cost in getting the ticket dismissed will be easily offset by the insurance savings for the next 2 years... Anyone here know a good lawyer in NYC that knows the TVB courts around queens? I can REALLY use some help with this matter...
Old 11-20-2002, 12:48 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

i got out of a 80 in a 55 on the sunrise highway.

i talked to the D.A told him look you know everyone does 65-70 and in order to pass someone you must go faster then that then i said try merging on the highway at 55 when you go home tonight i bet youll be in the hospital in the morning
he agreed i have no other tickets so i just payed a fine 150 no points. and i know this for a fact cause i got my driving record fromn dmv when i renewed my liscence and the ticket showed up as a broken tailight. no points just a fine this was in southampton.

be careful with the digital spedo it has error the faster you go the more it is.

if you go to court they will verry likely just fine you its all abought the money they could give a **** how fast you drive they just want the funds.
seatbelt tickets for example.
insurance companies lobbied to congress and the states to push for the law. because they dont want you to die or get injured in a crash CAUSE THEY LIKE YOU noooooooooo CAUSE ITS A COST BURDEN TO THEM they could care less abought you.

they invented airbags because it safer NOPE no one wears there seatbelts so they came up with airbags look into it fact. not a rant. i think your insurance only raises 10% if you go over the points big deal whats that a couple 100 a year floor it be a man like bronx

Last edited by BRONXWARRIOR; 11-20-2002 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:03 PM
themyst

Originally posted by Tom-in-NY
i got out of a 80 in a 55 on the sunrise highway.

i talked to the D.A told him look you know everyone does 65-70 and in order to pass someone you must go faster then that then i said try merging on the highway at 55 when you go home tonight i bet youll be in the hospital in the morning
he agreed i have no other tickets so i just payed a fine 150 no points. and i know this for a fact cause i got my driving record fromn dmv when i renewed my liscence and the ticket showed up as a broken tailight. no points just a fine this was in southampton.

be careful with the digital spedo it has error the faster you go the more it is.

if you go to court they will verry likely just fine you its all abought the money they could give a **** how fast you drive they just want the funds.
seatbelt tickets for example.
insurance companies lobbied to congress and the states to push for the law. because they dont want you to die or get injured in a crash CAUSE THEY LIKE YOU noooooooooo CAUSE ITS A COST BURDEN TO THEM they could care less abought you.

they invented airbags because it safer NOPE no one wears there seatbelts so they came up with airbags look into it fact. not a rant. i think your insurance only raises 10% if you go over the points big deal whats that a couple 100 a year floor it be a man like bronx
Its 10% for every point. So in my case, its 10 points meaning my insurance doubles Also, it depends on which court you get pegged in.... I just hope to hire an attorney and get away with just a fine with no points...
Old 11-20-2002, 01:12 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

really you dont need a attorney you werrent really going that fast.

plead not guilty talk to the D.A his job is to try and ple bargin with you if you cant get a deal then say i wish to still plead not guilty they will then set a court date then if you wish you can get a lawyer.

but like i said you know for a fact the world does at least 65 on the GCP sp 50 is ******** its just qouta time. unless you were driving erraticlly or speeding during rush hour i wouldent worry.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:13 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

and unless your a bad driver or really young 18 say there no way your insurrance will double for 23 over the limit.

thats nothing.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:19 PM
themyst

i know it can... i already have 4 points on my record...
Old 11-20-2002, 01:45 PM
jckolnturn

first of all in nyc there is no DA just the cop and you don't make deals. What happens in nyc traffic court is you show up the cop gives his testimony and you give yours. If you got written by highway patrol don't bother going yourself, you'll lose, those guys testify on that stuff all day and they have it memorized. The best thing to do is to go down to TVB in advance yourself, it's right on the whitestone expressway. Look around for a lawyer there's one tall guy with glasses that's always there, sit in on a couple of cases he handles and make your own decision if it's worth it. They usually charge more than the fine would be but you'll save on your insurance.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:43 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

i had a D.A it was in southampton long island howevr
Old 11-20-2002, 05:25 PM
jckolnturn

most places do have a DA but in NYC they just want to make money
Old 11-20-2002, 05:35 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

jk whatever???

there a meet this sunday at the nassau colliseum check out the post in car clubs if your interested

whatever? meaning your name