Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealer called!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 02:22 AM
neo4mni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Dealer called!

Been browsin' for awhile, decided to post something today.
Was at my cuz performance shop yesterday, told hime about the Z i was ordering (Le Mans touring - everything except NAV), told me i should order Track instead. Called my dealer, he said cut off was Monday? could not change my order.
Went to work today, dealer called me back said that NNA called to confirm all 24 of his pre-orders! If I wanted to change it, i had til 5:00 pm Pacific to do so.
Long story short (too late!) changes my order, he called me back and said he faxed to NNA and was confirming new price MSRP + tax + License.
Sooo, got a Le Mans track with everything except side bags & mud guards.
Question? Is my dealer on something or did he really do this?
Old 06-21-2002, 02:32 AM
evoluder

Default Crack rock . . .

Sounds like he is on something to me. Mine said it was way too late, and that other people had attempted to change their orders and were now going to be delayed over a month over what everyone else is getting. I added floor mats and the kick plates to mine after the fact, but my dealer is going to just order the parts after and just charge me what I would have paid to have them installed at the factory, but he said they won't show up until about 2 weeks after I get my Z.

Spencer
Old 06-21-2002, 06:43 AM
2003z

an informed sales person (isn't that an oxymoron) previously posted that changes could be made until the production of your car started or was scheduled. If you ordered late enough, or for some reason you were farther back in the queue, they can change it. Monday was the cutoff for preordering in general.
Old 06-21-2002, 06:46 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Maybe I'm just cynical but it seems to me like dealers will work hard to get your order changed if your changes cause the price to go up (increasing their commission)... BUT if you try to drop anything...the dealers just say your SOL...impossible to do changes.
Old 06-21-2002, 06:57 AM
2003z

Originally posted by robbyn
Maybe I'm just cynical but it seems to me like dealers will work hard to get your order changed if your changes cause the price to go up (increasing their commission)... BUT if you try to drop anything...the dealers just say your SOL...impossible to do changes.
So true. I'm sure I'm not the only one here that has questioned their order. Originally, I wanted to delete nav from my touring. Dealer said too late. Then I decided, what the hell, I'll just get it, its not that big a deal, now I'm glad I kept it. Anyway. A couple weeks later, I wanted to change to a Track, and he said "Gee, you want to spend MORE money!, I'll see what I can do"