Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Surprised?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 08:55 AM
B-Unit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTW:: What the hell is this guys username, i still havent been able to figure it out
Old 04-07-2005, 09:33 AM
marhot

Originally Posted by FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ
What were you all surprised by when you first bought the 350? I have never driven a RWD car and never driven a car with more than 220 hp, do you think I will be surprised when I get this car? (BTW im 17)
I had driven a RWD car before.
I had driven a car with more than 220 hp.

But the first time I drove a 350Z was surprised by both its torque and acceleration in thru all gears.

I was surprised by the heavy "feel" of the car, but its quick handling.

I was negatively surprised by how hard it is to see out of the car. The Z has the worst/most blind spots I've ever encountered in a sports car. (Or any car for that matter)

[soapbox]
Since you are 17 be very, very careful with this car. Frankly, if I had gotten a car like this at your age, I'd be dead today. This is a lot of car. It is powerful & RWD can be tricky if you are not experienced at driving one.

Be careful, the life you save maybe mine!
[/ soapbox]
Old 04-07-2005, 09:48 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by m|2. B|2 ya|\|
BTW:: What the hell is this guys username, i still havent been able to figure it out

As if your cryptic h4x0r script for "Mr. Bryan" was easy!!!

FUCHAOWNAOFDAZ is "Future owner of the Z"....See now, wasn't that simple?
Old 04-07-2005, 09:52 AM
kcobean

[soapbox]
Since you are 17 be very, very careful with this car. Frankly, if I had gotten a car like this at your age, I'd be dead today. This is a lot of car. It is powerful & RWD can be tricky if you are not experienced at driving one.

Be careful, the life you save maybe mine!
[/ soapbox]

^^^ +1 on all soapbox commentary! Be safe and stick around awhile. The saying "life is short" doesn't mean it ends at 18.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:27 AM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by kcobean
As if your cryptic h4x0r script for "Mr. Bryan" was easy!!!

FUCHAOWNAOFDAZ is "Future owner of the Z"....See now, wasn't that simple?

Yah, my name is H4X. w00T!
Old 04-07-2005, 01:38 PM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by mdracer76
What resposible parent would allow a 17 year old child to own a Z....
One who can afford to buy their child a car like the Z. One who trusts their child 100%, most likely because the child has done something great to earn their trust.

Anything else?
Old 04-07-2005, 01:48 PM
bixby

As a parent of an adult child (in other words been there, done that) The real answer is Stupid Parents! No matter how "trust worthy" or deserving a child may be........ buy them a freakin camry or civic or something. Not a sports car! (unless it's a miata or other gutless 2 seater).

It boils down to over ego'd dads (or moms) wanting their kids to "have what they didn't growing up". There is no other answer but S T U P I D !

Last edited by bixby; 04-07-2005 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 05:25 PM
marhot

Originally Posted by bixby
As a parent of an adult child (in other words been there, done that) The real answer is Stupid Parents! No matter how "trust worthy" or deserving a child may be........ buy them a freakin camry or civic or something.
S T U P I D !
Agreed.

As a parent of a 21 year old guy & girl of 17, ditto. My daughter drives a '92 Civic (I gave her) and my son has a '97 Saturn (he bought). My daughter loves her Civic and doesn't like driving the Z. And my son .... well, he'd be dead by now if I'd allow him free access to the Z.

I realize everyone is different and some kids are more mature than others.... but....it only takes one mistake.

Like I tell my son, if he wants a Z, fine, earn the money, pay the insurance, and then he can enjoy the car.

[/soapbox]
Old 04-07-2005, 05:48 PM
kcobean

Originally Posted by marhot
Agreed.

As a parent of a 21 year old guy & girl of 17, ditto. My daughter drives a '92 Civic (I gave her) and my son has a '97 Saturn (he bought). My daughter loves her Civic and doesn't like driving the Z. And my son .... well, he'd be dead by now if I'd allow him free access to the Z.

I realize everyone is different and some kids are more mature than others.... but....it only takes one mistake.

Like I tell my son, if he wants a Z, fine, earn the money, pay the insurance, and then he can enjoy the car.

[/soapbox]

EXACTLY! My son is only 5 (going on 16), and I can tell you right now that come time for a car, I will provide one and it will not be a sports car.

With the rash of teen driving deaths here in the capital region, there was a story on the news about teen drivers. They interviewed a neuro-scientist or something that said one of the reasons teens are so dangerous behind the wheel is because the "hazard centers" of the brain (the ones that basically say "Stop it, you're not immortal") haven't fully developed until about age 25. The study indicated that teens were particularly dangerous with peers in the car, while they behaved similar to adults when alone. So basically, the "Hey dude, watch this ****" mental process overrides the not-yet-developed mentality that says "Cool or not, this could get us killed"...Unfortunate.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:36 PM
kinjal

Originally Posted by mdracer76
What resposible parent would allow a 17 year old child to own a Z....
who cares... why do people have such a problem with younger people getting this car. in everyones high school there was that ONE GUY with a vette. to each his own... i wish my parents bought me a z.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:42 PM
ZinFla

yeah i dont see what the big deal is im not quite 17 and having been drivin a g35 and this week am getting my sb z. parents trust and its one of the cheapest cars on my insurance. so you learn to be careful and not drive way to fast. plus any car can get goin fast enough to get ya killed just may take longer. all cars can go 100 so its only a question of if it takes like 11 or 12 secs or 20 or whatever. so i dont see the big deal in a young person gettin a z
Old 04-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by bixby
As a parent of an adult child (in other words been there, done that) The real answer is Stupid Parents! No matter how "trust worthy" or deserving a child may be........ buy them a freakin camry or civic or something. Not a sports car! (unless it's a miata or other gutless 2 seater).

It boils down to over ego'd dads (or moms) wanting their kids to "have what they didn't growing up". There is no other answer but S T U P I D !
Perhaps you haven`t raised your children well enough to handle a car like the Z, but I know of some who have. It`s not a matter of teens in general, it`s a matter of faulty parenting on your part.
Old 04-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Zexy

omg, i cannot believe you posted this man.

I expect this on some Honda site, but not HERE.

Last edited by Zexy; 04-07-2005 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:24 PM
mdracer76
Banned

I grew up a pretty resposible kid.. did everything right. Hell .. I did not get into an accident until I was 22... and that was when someone pulled out in front of me. My folks were more than able to buy me a car... but they did not. Hell, I grew up with some pretty fast cars that my father would deny me access to. Everyones parents will have the right to raise thier offspring any way they feel is right.... they wanna hand thier kids keys to a Z and possbly a wheelchair/early death later.. fine with me.. just dont take me or anyone in my family with you...

I dont mean for this to rub off as me being an a$$hole. I grew up in a pretty affluent 'hood. A few good friends in Highschool we handed the keys to new mustangs/ camaros etc. I Wish they were still alive today, I'm sure that they woulda had good lives.

/soapbox
Old 04-07-2005, 09:27 PM
ryce4u

Originally Posted by FUCHAOWNAOFdaZ
I won't go racing every car I see, in fact I won't go racing AT ALL . If a car pulls up in a red light, revs its engine, I'll either ignore it or look at him/her and reject the challenge. This car will be too precious to me when I get it and I just can't afford to total/crash it. I won't speed neither.

I mean what's the big deal, a lot of you are all like, man, this is a fast car, you won't be able to resist speeding, especially because you're 17.
Then I think to myself, it's not that hard, I'll just press on the accelerator lightly and go 5 mph above speed limit tops. So there.

HAHAHA that's what i said to myself right before i went 30 over..haha..good luck resisting the urge to gun it.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Alonjar

lol.. 5 over.... I'd like to see that. I don't care who you are, if you got a Z, you're under 25, you're gonna be cruising sooner or later.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:16 AM
SlamMan

Originally Posted by Sensation350Z
Perhaps you haven`t raised your children well enough to handle a car like the Z, but I know of some who have. It`s not a matter of teens in general, it`s a matter of faulty parenting on your part.
OMG, give me a freakin break. You don't give a teenager a Z for the same reason you don't let a teenager do homework with their girlfriend/boyfriend in their bedroom with the door shut. No matter how responsible or well raised kids are they don't have the necessary tools to resist all of lifes temptations. That's why it's the parents responsibility not to tempt them.

You'll understand when you get to be about 24-25 years old. I would imagine 99.9% of people over 25 here will agree.

Just remember, I've been your age, but you've never been my age. Untill your an adult yourself, your opinion on how people raise their children doesn't mean a thing.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:07 AM
AdamDC

Yeah, I went to school with a kid who had a corvette and a kid who had a 300ZX (the original one). The 300 got wrapped around a tree in the high school parking lot (he just had to show off) and the corvette ended up under the back of a pick-up truck. Both wanted the power, but neither knew how to use it within the constraints of the handling and braking.

Luckily for them, both were unharmed. Their parents did learn the lesson (well sort of - if they were my kids they would have gotten a moped after that) as the one with the Z ended up with a hyundai and the one with a vette got a mustang lx convertible.

I think the mustang LX convertible is the perfect car for a teen from a well off family, it has the style, the fun factor, and a crappy engine.

Quick Reply: Surprised?