Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

AERO packages are behind schedule at the port

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002 | 03:04 PM
's Avatar
Premier Member

Default AERO packages are behind schedule at the port

Who all is affected by this and what have you done about it? If you were expecting your car and haven't received it, this is most likely the reason why.
Old 11-21-2002 | 03:12 PM
dc350z

Default Curious...

Who was your source of info? Did you confirm it somewhere else?
Old 11-21-2002 | 04:42 PM
Kurt

My dealer (in Post Falls, ID) told me the same thing today. Course, he also said it's been waiting at the port for a month for this, which I tend to think is BS.

I think that's the final straw for me - I'm going to pass on the Z. I love the looks of the Z, but Nissan's pre-order program (ordered in Jan 2002) has been for the birds, and now that winter is here, I may just shop around a bit more.
Old 11-21-2002 | 05:09 PM
Rahtok

Originally posted by Kurt
My dealer (in Post Falls, ID) told me the same thing today. Course, he also said it's been waiting at the port for a month for this, which I tend to think is BS.

I think that's the final straw for me - I'm going to pass on the Z. I love the looks of the Z, but Nissan's pre-order program (ordered in Jan 2002) has been for the birds, and now that winter is here, I may just shop around a bit more.
You live in Redmond and ordered from ID?

Call Auburn, Fife, or Younker. I know Younker had a cancelled preorder they called me on.
Old 11-21-2002 | 05:43 PM
's Avatar
Premier Member

I talked to the fleet manager at the dealership and me told me that. I was also told that if you look at all of the Z coming into the dealerships(using Nissanusa.com), they do not have the Aero package-------He is correct....... They don't.

Last edited by ; 11-21-2002 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2002 | 07:06 PM
ZON

Mine was stuck at the port waiting for the Aero three weeks ago and I told my dealer to screw it and get the car rolling on a truck. It still took a while for them to ship it here but I did get it sooner. 9 months and 20 days was long enough to wait by the time I picked it up at the dealer.
Old 11-21-2002 | 07:39 PM
abz123

Is it a shortage in parts or a port worker slow down?
Old 11-21-2002 | 09:50 PM
Kurt

Originally posted by Rahtok
You live in Redmond and ordered from ID?

Call Auburn, Fife, or Younker. I know Younker had a cancelled preorder they called me on.
Back in Jan when I ordered, all the dealers around Seattle wanted 3-5k over MSRP. The dealer in Post Falls told me he'd have it in mid-Aug for MSRP. I thought a nice 300 mile break-in drive across I-90 wouldn't be so bad. That was 90 days ago however, and now it's winter.
Old 11-22-2002 | 05:49 AM
Zygote

I had the same problem. Dealer said car was stuck at port waiting on aero. Eventually they just rolled it without and I was told the dealer would get the aero when it came in and mail it to me so I could have it put on by my local dealer.
Otherwise I would still be waiting...instead of looking for excuses to drive.
Old 11-22-2002 | 05:16 PM
's Avatar
Premier Member

The problem is that there aren't enough Nissan employees at the port to install the Aero pkg. I haven't played hard ball yet. The guys at the dealership know my name well and it is probably a new curse word for them. I was told that by the 23rd they would know more and I told them I would be willing to get the car without the spoiler and have it put on when it arrives at the dealership. We will see what tommorrow brings. I love the customer service too. I call them and then I get an answer-- Their phones must not work because my messages don't get answered with a call back. Again -- they are probably adding my name to the list of curse words. I will tell you what they say -- ONCE I CALL THEM. -- me getting a call from them --HA
Old 11-23-2002 | 01:10 AM
Scanman

Got my track on the 20th, aero was instaled. They did however say it was to be delieverd on the 7th.

west cost WA.
Old 11-23-2002 | 05:49 AM
's Avatar
Premier Member

Mysterio, I am using Pinnacle.

Don't get me wrong, I can not blame the dealership for this happening yet I do believe they can pressure Nissan corporate to ship the cars to the people. I figure if bad press starts getting out Toyota is going to have their act together and win the battle with the Supra. The Z is a great looking car yet people don't want to put up with crap and wait weeks after being told it would be in.
Old 11-23-2002 | 06:15 AM
's Avatar
Premier Member

Holy Crap..... Mysterio I thought I was the only one having the exact same problem. I received a phone call from two reps (one the fleet manager and the other a internet sales rep) and they both said that they have good news--your car will be in on 11/10-- then I went in because they were not calling me back when I emailed them and called them both and the fleet manager told me abwout the Aero problem-- and said you should have it by the 20th (went in on the 13th) -- now who knows-- I even offered to take the car without the spoiler provided that they put it on with out any charges to me when and IF it ever comes in. They stated that if the district ALLOWS them to receive the cars without it they would do that. They also stated that they can't see why this is a problem at the port-- they too want the cars shipped and sold. They also stated that due to this it is screwing up other deliveries. ---My guess is that they have to fill the gaps where the Z was.

Last edited by ; 11-23-2002 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-25-2002 | 08:00 AM
's Avatar
Premier Member

Well I haven't heard anything from the dealership reagardin ghtis issue and no more Z have come into the Metro area. Anyone else seeing this happen too?
Old 11-25-2002 | 03:13 PM
's Avatar
Premier Member

I pray the gods allow me to get mine too.
Old 11-26-2002 | 08:54 AM
's Avatar
Premier Member

The wait is over. My car showed up on www.nissanusa.com and the fleet manager already emailed me to tell me that as it is coming off the truck, I will get a call to pick it up.

Thanksgiving and food. Who needs it. I want to drive.

My overall experience with the people at Pinnacle Nissan in Scottsdale has been great. They have went out of their way to make this a great experience overall. Anyone looking for a Nissan of any kind go there and you will get treated right.

Last edited by ; 11-26-2002 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-26-2002 | 08:57 AM
ToddLuc

Originally posted by abz123
Is it a shortage in parts or a port worker slow down?
I was told it was a shortage of parts and that the slow down didn not affect Nissan.

Quick Reply: AERO packages are behind schedule at the port