Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z 5AT Power Lag

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 04:36 PM
shimz350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kinjal
i have never had tire screetch in the auto mode. if you swith to the manual shift mode and do what you said, you should get a bit of tire screech, but nothing insane.

I always can get the tires to burn out with it in automatic mode(tcs OFF) . You make sure that your foot is on the break(no movement). Release your foot as quickly as possible stepping on the gas. You should easily break traction. If you let your car roll I'm pretty sure you that you won't break traction(stock or course).

As for AUTO MODE as you driving. I noticed if you are slightly cruising(auto is 4th gr) and then you quickly release the accelleration pedal then push down and floor it. It usually downshifts to the right gear.(remember i'm not talking about manual mode)

So far from my experience...always breaking traction with my auto lol without break torque
Old 04-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Aggro_Al

Turn off VDC/TCS and it's easy to break traction in both the MT and the AT with stock tires.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Edison_Chen

I've only done it one but it was more of a Chirp rather than burnning out...
Old 04-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Aggro_Al

Originally Posted by Edison_Chen
I've only done it one but it was more of a Chirp rather than burnning out...
Do you have the stock tires? Do you have any suspension mods? Different tires and mods may or may not let you burnout. Are you using your right foot to brake and accelerate? Unless you are really fast the car will start rolling right when you take your foot off the brake. You also might not be doing it right. Also, you'll get a better burnout if your stock tires are cold or not warmed up. Here's the easiest way to do it in auto mode without brake torquing.

1. Find an open space where you won't harm anyone or damage anything.
2. Turn off VDC/TCS.
3. Make sure you are completely stopped.
4. Depress the brake with your left foot.
5. Place your right foot on the throttle.
6. Quickly mash the throttle to the floor with your right foot, take your left foot completely off the brake. Make sure your left foot comes completely off the brake when you begin the throttle.
7. Make sure you keep the throttle floored and don't even twitch or think about upshifting because if you hesitate, twitch or think about upshifting the transmission will take it as an upshift signal. That's how fast it will react.
8. Let the transmission go all the way to redline and don't help it shift. Just keep it floored.
9. Then let us know if it was a chirp or a burnout.

Last edited by Aggro_Al; 04-16-2005 at 11:26 PM.