Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

clear bra

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 08:19 AM
silverspeedz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clear bra

does anybody know where to get a clear bra, and the best place to get it installed thanks
Old 04-19-2005, 09:51 AM
drifter23

Here is a website that can help you find authorized clear bra installers in your area.

http://www.xpel.com/
Old 04-19-2005, 10:04 AM
silverspeedz

thanks that helps out alot
Old 04-19-2005, 11:37 AM
Balthazar

http://www.quality-glasstint.com/

(Fenton, MO huh, not too terribly far from me)

I have not personally used them but my friend has taken his GTP, Vette and TL there and loved them. They say they are a 3M supplier and they offer the clear protection. I plan on getting my windows and clearbra done there.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:50 PM
pyindeem

Originally Posted by drifter23
Here is a website that can help you find authorized clear bra installers in your area.

http://www.xpel.com/
just call an installer here in SW Houston, they want 600.00 for clearbra. ...I was like dayum..

anybody from Houston, TX knows where to get it done cheaper. or is that the standard price for all US.??
Old 04-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Camel

$600 is about right, that is around what I paid in Utah for the Z, and what I've paid for a few other cars. It's money well spent man, I have zero regrets and I will keep buying them in the future.

I almost forgot, don't fall into the trap of finding a local comapny that will "custom cut" the clearbra and install it for 1/2 the price. What this means is they use large, flat sheets (of sometimes inferior material) and take an exacto knife to the material on the car. This results in uneven edges and most likely you'll be having an Xpel installer removing your faded, yellow clearbra within 3 years. Make sure you get the high-quality 3M film that Xpel installers should be using by default.

Last edited by Camel; 04-19-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:17 PM
pyindeem

Originally Posted by Camel
$600 is about right, that is around what I paid in Utah for the Z, and what I've paid for a few other cars. It's money well spent man, I have zero regrets and I will keep buying them in the future.

I almost forgot, don't fall into the trap of finding a local comapny that will "custom cut" the clearbra and install it for 1/2 the price. What this means is they use large, flat sheets (of sometimes inferior material) and take an exacto knife to the material on the car. This results in uneven edges and most likely you'll be having an Xpel installer removing your faded, yellow clearbra within 3 years. Make sure you get the high-quality 3M film that Xpel installers should be using by default.
K. Thanks for the input.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:57 PM
LunchMeatMonste

I've got the clear bra on my Z from the dealer (3M film), and I'm definitely happy with it. I have it on the hood, side mirrors and on the lower front of the rear fenders. The only minor complaint I have are tiny particles of dust and dirt that collect at the edges of the film, mainly the areas that face the front of the car. You should be able to take some soapy solution on a q-tip to try and clean it off, as you'll start to see the "dirty outline" of the bra pieces over time... Other than that, the benefits of the bra far outweigh the annoyance of the dirt. Mine has been on over a year now, in the hot South Florida sun, and it has not yellowed or distorted in any way.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:28 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camel

Actually mine was custom cut from a 3M roll. I was there when they put it on. $340 for bumper and front fenders. Very good job from Xpel installer.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Camel

Originally Posted by JonsilvZ
Actually mine was custom cut from a 3M roll. I was there when they put it on. $340 for bumper and front fenders. Very good job from Xpel installer.
Cool, getting the right material is the most important... and then of course, if you trust them near your car with a blade. I know of a couple people and I've seen the aftermath in person of people trying to save a buck and having subpar material installed. It's not pretty. I am guessing most Xpel installers these days will have a machine that will computer-cut the bra to exact measurements, but maybe not. I've had bras installed from a couple different installers and they've all been pre-cut...

~$600 on my Z was for the bumper, hood, fenders, lights, and mirrors...
Old 04-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Hella

Originally Posted by LunchMeatMonste
I've got the clear bra on my Z from the dealer (3M film), and I'm definitely happy with it. I have it on the hood, side mirrors and on the lower front of the rear fenders. The only minor complaint I have are tiny particles of dust and dirt that collect at the edges of the film, mainly the areas that face the front of the car. You should be able to take some soapy solution on a q-tip to try and clean it off, as you'll start to see the "dirty outline" of the bra pieces over time... Other than that, the benefits of the bra far outweigh the annoyance of the dirt. Mine has been on over a year now, in the hot South Florida sun, and it has not yellowed or distorted in any way.
Where did you have yours installed down here in FL? Im in W. Palm.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:45 AM
Balthazar

For what its worth the place I mentioned DOES custom cut 3M but they say on their site its laser cut so....hopefully its laser cut while NOT on your car.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:41 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silverspeedz
does anybody know where to get a clear bra, and the best place to get it installed thanks
I wanna get one for my gf too!

sorry I just watched "The Girl Next Door" and now my head is filled with this crap...sorry...
Old 04-20-2005, 06:47 AM
Balthazar

Eesh, $600 is a normal price huh....crimeny. I'm sure its worth it but....damn.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:32 AM
Camel

I actually watched them cut the bra for the Z. The material was on big rolls. They ran it thru a large machine that computer-cut the kit based on XPel's drawing. This yielded a big sheet the size of the front of the car with the bra material cut into the proper shapes. The cut outs for the mirrors were also on the same sheet off to the side.

Yeah, $600 is no small amount of money, but I will never understand some people's logic of just allowing the car to look like hell over time and get dinged and chipped, then paying a few hundred dollars to get it repainted, then letting it happen again.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:38 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What does $600 get you though? I'm looking to do just the front bumper, MAYBE the hood. By the time I get the Z, I'll be living in an apt. two miles from work.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:04 PM
LunchMeatMonste

Originally Posted by Hella
Where did you have yours installed down here in FL? Im in W. Palm.
It was already on from the manufacturer (bought the car at Maroone Nissan Ft Lauderdale). I know this is a few months later, but wanted to update my post above. The clear bra has been on there for a year and a half now, and the corners on some of the pieces are starting to peel up (no surprise), especially on the headlights. It's also now full of tiny scratches which are visible from about 3' away. It still hasn't yellowed, but it's starting to look shabby in general. I'd love to remove it, but have been told that if I do that, the adhesive will take the paint with it.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Z_Driver
Master

WOW !!!!!

Consider this for the work week:

Then drive your car with a little extra distance between you and the guy in front of you on the weekend like this: