Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I'm getting a Z!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 03:12 PM
craniumdesigns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm getting a Z!

ok, so i figured out today that i can easily afford a 350z. i'm probably going to get a used one, so either 03 or 04. i want the daytona blue. i'm guessing i can get one with about 15-25k miles for around $23k. i'm gonna try and trade in my civic just cuz i dont want to go through the hassel of selling it. i'd like to get 5k if i can sell it, and 4k for a trade in.

i'm guessing im gonna need to finance about $20k, so thats about $400/month. i also got a quote from my insurance company for $175/month ($1045 every 6 months). thats hella cheaper that i thought, but since ive been with mercury for about 7 years now since i started driving and ive only had 1 ticket in the last 3 years, its not bad at all.

i know ill probably get clowned for this, but im leaning towards getting an automatic. i know its the "cool thing" to drive a stick, but frankly, im a lazy person and id rather just drive it without all that extra effort and tie up my extra hand. PLUS, i drive 20 miles a day, and the traffic is sporadic the whole way, and very bad coming home once i get off the freeway, so that's why im looking at an auto. its fast enough with 287hp, and i dont really need any more. i dont street race or anything. im just gonna probably lower it and change the rims, and then fix up all the suspension, but as far as engine mods, i doubt im gonna do anything. so i dont really feel like i NEED a stick, cuz im just driving it mostly to and from work.

so, i got about $1500 left to pay off on my civic, so ill prob just sell it now and get my 350. a nice college graduation present to myself. so im looking at around $600-650 a month for this car.

oh, and does anyone know how available z's are in what im looking for as far as color, transmission, mileage, etc?

any feedback welcome.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:22 PM
craniumdesigns

man, actually just saw a black one online lowered. looked sick. now i dont know color wise. argh!

oh, and do u guys think i should buy from a dealer used or private party?
Old 04-21-2005, 03:56 PM
ecorona6

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by craniumdesigns
man, actually just saw a black one online lowered. looked sick. now i dont know color wise. argh!

oh, and do u guys think i should buy from a dealer used or private party?
If you want reliability a dealer would be better. If you buy from a private party just consider whose driving it and how many miles it has to consider how long you have left for warranty!

Good Luck.........
Old 04-21-2005, 04:38 PM
kinjal

get a black z, then invest in black rims.... i have a silver z, and i regret not getting black
Old 04-21-2005, 04:53 PM
kpiskin

You'll probably get your best deal from private party or a wholesale dealer. You can expect to pay less than what the dealer wants, but make sure you verify the car's status through carfax or autocheck. Beware of private party owners who think they'll get dealer prices from buyers. It took me months to find the Z I wanted but my patience paid off. People who see my Z think it's a 2005.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:00 PM
samw1978

GET THE BLUE!!!

but seriously, any color looks good on Z
Old 04-21-2005, 05:40 PM
apexi97tsi

Don't be ashamed of having an auto. There are several revews and threads on AT vs. MT and comparisons that they both are equal in performance. Fun factor is your own preference. Good luck.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:51 PM
craniumdesigns

so any advice on finding a blue AT? im finding a lot of black and sivler for sale, and mostly MT.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong w/ an auto. Just decide on which color and trim level you want. Remember, only the Base, Enthusiast, and Touring models come in AT.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:28 AM
craniumdesigns

hey, thanks for the tip. good to know! i'm looking at the enthusiast, and touring if its affordable.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:16 AM
SlamMan

Originally Posted by ecorona6
If you want reliability a dealer would be better. If you buy from a private party just consider whose driving it and how many miles it has to consider how long you have left for warranty!

Good Luck.........
How is buying from a dealer going to net you a more reliable car? No matter whom you buy it from your still responsible for having the car inspected. How many times have you heard of someone buying a used car off a lot and it dies a week later and the buyer says "The salesman told me it was only driven by an old lady to church on Sundays. Don't fool your self into thinking the dealership has any responsibility there. Unless you buy a warranty, all used cars are sold as is. On the other hand, when you buy from a private party you get to meet the person who was driving it. Might as well save yourself the dealership markup and buy from a private party. Just be sure that the car is still covered under manufacture warranty.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:35 AM
kpiskin

Originally Posted by SlamMan
How is buying from a dealer going to net you a more reliable car? No matter whom you buy it from your still responsible for having the car inspected. How many times have you heard of someone buying a used car off a lot and it dies a week later and the buyer says "The salesman told me it was only driven by an old lady to church on Sundays. Don't fool your self into thinking the dealership has any responsibility there. Unless you buy a warranty, all used cars are sold as is. On the other hand, when you buy from a private party you get to meet the person who was driving it. Might as well save yourself the dealership markup and buy from a private party. Just be sure that the car is still covered under manufacture warranty.
I agree completely. Additionally you can take the car to a dealer for an inspection if buying private. If the seller disagrees, then you might have a good reason to suspect the condition of the car. It may cost a little money, but the mechanic should be able to tell you the condition of the vehicle and if it has been in an accident. The dealer doesn't have to offer any warranty over the factory warranty and if they do, it's normally one that covers you for the first month or 1,000 miles.