Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

interesting theory about dealer service

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005 | 12:11 PM
SimplyJ

Default interesting theory about dealer service

someone brought this up on Audiworld during a discussion about a local dealer and shoddy service and I think it makes sense. The guy attributed his positive experiences with the dealer (who is notorious for lying, shoddy repairs, outrageous bills, etc.) to his Audiworld license plate frame. Anyone else think that dealers will treat you better when they know you are part of the local [insert make and model here] community?
Old 04-22-2005 | 12:21 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Years ago, the two large Nissan dealers in town had opposite reputations. One offered rock-bottom prices and had cruddy service. The other was not likely to give you a great deal on the car, but their service was top-notch.

My theory is that there's a wide spectrum out there, some are terrible and others are wonderful. Those adjectives cover sales & service. You've just got to find the rare dealer that excels in both.

BTW, the "new" dealer in our area, the one I bought the 350Z from offers great deals. Their service is so-so. I haven't had a bad experience but they seem to be lacking in several areas. The sad thing is that they don't seem to care about it either.