Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw Lamborghini at Mall - My Z sounds better!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 01:55 PM
phile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lamborghini is pure sex. I refuse to belive a Z sounds better. And i'm going to go as far as to say that this is FACT, not OPINION!
Old 04-23-2005, 06:52 PM
rockinar

Originally Posted by boma
I was at the Woodlands Mall near Houston, TX.

I saw this black brand new Lamborghini ......

I'm not sure if it was a Murcielago or a Diablo.

It had two pairs of exhaust tips near the center.

Well anyways I was chasing it around the parking lot, and I heard how it sounded....

It sounds raspy like and alot like a cat-less race car. But quieter.

Then I heard my Z with the stock exhaust. It sounds better.

Was it this one?

The owner of that Lamborghini is Jeff (I forget his last name). He owns K's Motorsport there in Humble. I beleive it's a Diablo 6.0

Last edited by rockinar; 04-23-2005 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:13 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rockinar
Was it this one?

The owner of that Lamborghini is Jeff (I forget his last name). He owns K's Motorsport there in Humble. I beleive it's a Diablo 6.0

yea, thats the Diablo 6.0 vt. Its pretty much what a supercar is and should be. It is THE most beautiful car in the world IMO and everything about it is very "supercar-ish". Its what a Lamborghini is.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:13 PM
obsidian02

When you take off from a stop sign normally (revving up to max of 4000 only with third gear), then the z sounds absolutely better than lambo (I think this is not opinion), but when you rev higher than 4000, the sound of lambo will take off and the sound of z is no more good (compare to lambo / ferrari). With z you shouldn't rev the engines more than 4000 if your intention is only for listening to the sound. With lambo, starting the engine without touching the gas pedal is just like listening to the lazy snoorlliing sound.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:21 PM
pj550v12

no i know what he means, if it was a diablo hes probobly referring to how much it sounds like rasping metal, its loud but it sounds like rasping metal
Old 04-23-2005, 09:38 PM
baron

My father has a Murcielago with tubi exhaust and I can tell you that there is nothing else that I have heard that comes close (includes various Ferraris) at all RMPs. Everytime I drive the Lambo, the sounds just sends shrills down my spines.

I just installed a popcharger and high flow cats to my Z and I can say that the sound now is more aggressive and entertaining than stock, but just not in the same league as the Lambo.

The Lambo just sounds immensively (and feel) more powerful and much much louder with the Tubi exhaust. The exhaust note is very sweet and exotic. You can hear the car well before you see it coming. The stock exhaust on the Murcielago was actually quite quiet and the Tubi exhaust is a must (and it adds like 30hps alone).

But I guess exhaust note is more subjective, and I have yet to hear a Z with full exhaust like Greddy or Injen.

Baron

Last edited by baron; 04-23-2005 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:00 AM
homiusang

Originally Posted by baron
My father has a Murcielago with tubi exhaust and I can tell you that there is nothing else that I have heard that comes close (includes various Ferraris) at all RMPs. Everytime I drive the Lambo, the sounds just sends shrills down my spines.

I just installed a popcharger and high flow cats to my Z and I can say that the sound now is more aggressive and entertaining than stock, but just not in the same league as the Lambo.

The Lambo just sounds immensively (and feel) more powerful and much much louder with the Tubi exhaust. The exhaust note is very sweet and exotic. You can hear the car well before you see it coming. The stock exhaust on the Murcielago was actually quite quiet and the Tubi exhaust is a must (and it adds like 30hps alone).

But I guess exhaust note is more subjective, and I have yet to hear a Z with full exhaust like Greddy or Injen.

Baron
I am with you here. My dad doesn't own a Lambo, but i do have a video clip of a Murcielago revving in neutral with Tubi exhaust on. Every time i open that clip, i can't stop saying holy **&%^&*&@#$
Man that sound is so mean, bone chilling and aggressive and there's nothing even come close to that sound.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:03 AM
boma

Originally Posted by obsidian02
When you take off from a stop sign normally (revving up to max of 4000 only with third gear), then the z sounds absolutely better than lambo (I think this is not opinion), but when you rev higher than 4000, the sound of lambo will take off and the sound of z is no more good (compare to lambo / ferrari). With z you shouldn't rev the engines more than 4000 if your intention is only for listening to the sound. With lambo, starting the engine without touching the gas pedal is just like listening to the lazy snoorlliing sound.
Finally someone that understands me =) And both of our cars probalby didn't rev to more 4k. more like 2-3k.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:06 AM
boma

Originally Posted by rockinar
Was it this one?

It looked like it yeah. I mainly saw it from the back. I remember seeing the words lamborghini on the back, but from my recollection, I didn't see a VT badge. Perhaps he debadged it or it was too dark? It had Paper plates too.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:07 AM
phile

I've heard that same clip with the Lambo and Tubi exhaust. B0ner inducing!
Old 04-24-2005, 07:19 AM
smellslikecurry

it might have been a pontiac fierro kit car!!
Old 04-24-2005, 11:46 PM
MEI

i was heading to one of my friend's house & at the traffic light the worst thing happend to me "a new murcielago" stop beside me & the highest point of his car "the roof of course" was at the mid. of my window
man i felt like i'm riding a pick up not a sport car
Old 04-25-2005, 01:08 AM
sel

Default The car was a diablo

I'm not sure if it was a Murcielago or a Diablo.

It had two pairs of exhaust tips near the center.
)
A MUrcielago only has 2 exhaust outlets and they are in the centre of the rear. A gallardo has one on each side. It must have certainly been a diablo. Keep in mind that the diablo is an old car relative to their new monsters, because the diablos were not produced after late 90s, so the new ones have been improved alottttt, but the engine notes are very hard to beat. As someone suggested earlier, apart from the carrera not too many cars sound better than the murcielago
Old 04-25-2005, 01:36 AM
Fiction520

Saw Lamborghini at Mall - My Z sounds better!
No it doesn't
Old 04-25-2005, 02:07 AM
MEI

the murcielago stopped beside me had 2 pairs (4 exhaust outlet)
Old 04-25-2005, 07:09 AM
boma

The car that I'm comparing the sound to was a DIABLO, not a Murcielago or Gallardo.

I feel like I've been bashed on this entire thread, except for a few of the responses.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Reggi914

The car that I'm comparing the sound to was a DIABLO, not a Murcielago or Gallardo.

I feel like I've been bashed on this entire thread, except for a few of the responses.
Some say that the Diablo sounds better than the murcie of gallardo. IMO the gallardo sounds best to me, it has a very sporty yet aggresive sound. The diablo just sounds plain aggresive. Either way, they do sound better than the z.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:53 AM
hfm

I can't believe this thread.

I saw a F-22 at an air show. My Z sounds better.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:55 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Reggi914
Some say that the Diablo sounds better than the murcie of gallardo. IMO the gallardo sounds best to me, it has a very sporty yet aggresive sound. The diablo just sounds plain aggresive. Either way, they do sound better than the z.
I must live a rather sheltered life... I've never personally heard the sounds of any of these exotics. I need to find a more affluent group of friends to hang out with, I guess
Old 04-25-2005, 10:32 AM
rockinar

Originally Posted by sel
Keep in mind that the diablo is an old car relative to their new monsters, because the diablos were not produced after late 90s,
Diablo 6.0 was produced in 2000 - 2001.

Last edited by rockinar; 04-25-2005 at 10:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Saw Lamborghini at Mall - My Z sounds better!