Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw Lamborghini at Mall - My Z sounds better!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 12:41 PM
drj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This past weekend I heard several really ratty sounding Diablos. Why? Well, they were all kit cars at a big show at Knotts Berry Farm. I couldn't believe how far these guys go to make a chevy v8 or even a Pontiac v6 powered kit car look like a real Lambo' they even fake the manufacturer's ID plates! The cars have a fake engine cover so you can't see the real engine underneath. Talk about disillusionment. So, next time you hear a Diablo that sounds like a v8 chevy or even a Fiero v6 -- that is probably exactly what it is -- and the Z sounds way better than that, IMHO.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:43 PM
ANXIOUZ

I've never heard a Lambo in person but I can say that I have never cared about exhaust sound until I got my Z. I love the way the Z sounds.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:26 PM
nitrousoxidex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nismo33
i haven't heard a lambo exhaust that i did not like. i even heard one that platnum motosports work on. can you say DYAMM
Thats where I heard the two lambos revving it up. My car is also being fixed there rite now. Notice how long i havent had my Z for in my sig. Im sure they do a good job tho. I have a pic on my cheap as$ camera phone. A Ferrari 360 Modena and 2 Lambo Murcielagos. Im a little too lazy to post it. but if someone doubts it then i guess ill have to post it. haha
Old 04-25-2005, 09:55 PM
MEI

love the way the Z sounds
you better go & look for some lambo out there; cuz i'm tellin u from my side the Z sound makes me "horny" but the lambo sound makes me "c*m"
Old 04-26-2005, 09:15 AM
mpol99

Originally Posted by smellslikecurry
it might have been a pontiac fierro kit car!!
I can't believe that through 3 freakin pages only ONE person mentioned the infamous KIT CAR!!!!!!!

The ONLY way our Z's sound better at ANY RPM is when standing next to a KIT CAR!!!!!!!! End of story. I have seen LOTS of VT kit cars, that is a popular one that people do.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:10 AM
time4aspliff

My neighbor's got a yellow Murcielago (like the above photo). He takes it out (like clockwork) every Saturday and Sunday morning to pick up newspaper/coffee. I can vouch for the fact that there's nothing raspy going on with his exhaust note. I'm pretty sure it's stock but when he gets on it, it's loud enough to wake up the neighborhood. It's hard to describe the exact tone but it's a very deep guttural growl with hints of crackle when he lets off the gas. It is what it is: a pissed off monster bull.

On the other hand, I've heard 360 Modenas downshift on the highway and they always sound raspy to me. Not nearly as tinny 1.6 liter Civics or Integras but slightly less raspy than a Z33 with nonresonated cat delete pipes.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:51 AM
has6601

It must have been a Kit Car, probably a fixed up Fiero!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 12:20 PM
phile

Originally Posted by time4aspliff
My neighbor's got a yellow Murcielago (like the above photo). He takes it out (like clockwork) every Saturday and Sunday morning to pick up newspaper/coffee. I can vouch for the fact that there's nothing raspy going on with his exhaust note. I'm pretty sure it's stock but when he gets on it, it's loud enough to wake up the neighborhood. It's hard to describe the exact tone but it's a very deep guttural growl with hints of crackle when he lets off the gas. It is what it is: a pissed off monster bull.

On the other hand, I've heard 360 Modenas downshift on the highway and they always sound raspy to me. Not nearly as tinny 1.6 liter Civics or Integras but slightly less raspy than a Z33 with nonresonated cat delete pipes.
So my question to you is this: How much drool do you leave on average on your window sill, while admiring the Murcielago?
Old 04-26-2005, 10:32 PM
time4aspliff

So my question to you is this: How much drool do you leave on average on your window sill, while admiring the Murcielago?

That's funny. He always leaves between 9 and 10 am on the weekends so there have been times where I've opened my windows and waited in anticipation. When the moment arrives and he gurgles down my street, it always leaves a crap-eating grin on my face...

A couple of months ago, I was on my driveway while he was returning from one of his jaunts. Two words: sweet symphony.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:10 AM
phile

Originally Posted by time4aspliff
That's funny. He always leaves between 9 and 10 am on the weekends so there have been times where I've opened my windows and waited in anticipation. When the moment arrives and he gurgles down my street, it always leaves a crap-eating grin on my face...

A couple of months ago, I was on my driveway while he was returning from one of his jaunts. Two words: sweet symphony.

I knew you would be stalking his car (like any other normal car lover)! So as far as answering my question, i'm going to guess 1 pint of drool per each day that the Murcie comes out?