Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z comes in so many great colors!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 06:47 AM
MikeNT256

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z comes in so many great colors!

This is making it very difficult. I thought I had narrowed it down to only 2 choices of Daytona Blue or LeMans Sunset. A friend of mine had a 04 Daytona Blue at one point, so I didn't necessarily want another blue one, so I figured "hey, orange is different, i've never been able to say I owned a orange car" but i'm not necessarily finding too many great pictures of the Z in sunlight. Most of them are darker, or seem sorta dull, not necessarily showing the metallic shine I seen when I looked at one in person.

I already own a silver car, so I don't necessarily want another one, but one color I must say I was impressed with was Liquid Aluminum, but unfortunately that doesn't look like any option anymore.

So here's the question. What color for the Z is the most picture friendly (day/night) and easiest to clean?

Pikes Peak White - definately have considered..nervous about showing dirty-ness or rock chips too easily
Daytona Blue - definately a possibility, love the blue
LeMans Sunset - the potential to be beautiful in the sunlight, but I haven't seen many pictures from owners that have impressed me.

So, of these colors, what experiences have you had (positive/negative) for cleaning and overall care? I searched on this one as well and found the old "Z-Coupe..post your car" threads but didn't find much personal feedback on the color, other than the fact they're all simply gorgeous lol.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:17 AM
microsteve40
Know it all

I haven't seen too many pics, but there's a LeMans Sunset Z cruising around Boise that looks AMAZING on a nice sunny day. For what it's worth...

I'd say go check one out, don't rely on pics with that color.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:07 PM
MikeNT256

Oh I know, i'm just saying - I seen it in person and love it. But i'm big into photography too so i'd wanna photograph my pride, and if its difficult, I dunno, it's almost semi-depressing lol
Old 04-24-2005, 12:49 AM
Low J.
Banned

yellow...cuz it's the fastest
Old 04-24-2005, 07:36 AM
kpiskin

I've actually been thinking about getting mine painted Twightlight Blue offered on the G35 and putting the 18" wheels Infiniti puts on too.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Zcarboy

I don't think you can go wrong with any color on a Z. Le Man sunset is a nice color. I dont' see many of those around. I have a DB Z of course. Yellow is nice too but not for everyone.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:20 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Color is so subjective and everyone has got an opinion that differs. It is kind of like asking what your favorite food is.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Mantis3024

Blue, it looks awesome under any lighting. After a few coats of zaino, the color gets much richer and deeper and the reflection is awesome. The lemans sunset would've been my second choice but now that I see it in person, it stands out too much. Besides those points, blue Zs are indisputably the fastest Zs around.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mantis3024
Blue, it looks awesome under any lighting. After a few coats of zaino, the color gets much richer and deeper and the reflection is awesome. The lemans sunset would've been my second choice but now that I see it in person, it stands out too much. Besides those points, blue Zs are indisputably the fastest Zs around.
+1 on the last sentence of his post, and let me just say DB owns all!
Old 04-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Jaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=MikeNT256]...Pikes Peak White - definately have considered..nervous about showing dirty-ness or rock chips too easily...
QUOTE]

I can go for a little over a week or so (with driving it everyday) and it will still look pretty clean at the end. I'd say it just needs a weekly wash and it will look very clean all the time. Before I bought mine, I thought I would have to wash it like every other day in order to keep it clean, but I sure was surprised when it remained clean. Also, when its clean and in the sun or any type of light at night, the car sparkles and shines so much that you can't tell that it has any rock chips or that its dirty, unless you come up really really close to it. Hope that helps.

Also, on a Z, you can't go wrong with whatever color you go with. All of the colors compliment the Z very well.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:46 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I have to admit to Leman sSunset being my second color choice after blue so you've picked two great ones. What clinched it for me was seeing a DB one evening under mercury vapor street lamps - it literaly glows blue. I've seen my own under those lights in parking lots and just love it!!! I've been tempted to replace my carport light with a small MV lamp just so everybody else can enjoy the "blueness".
Old 04-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

click on my sig pic of a lemans in sunlight
Old 04-24-2005, 05:30 PM
MikeNT256

I'm becoming very attached to the Pikes Peak White, but my gf is claiming on white cars, road tar and dirt will stick to the lower rockers and look like crap. Has anyone tried putting clear bra onthe entire lower rockers to prevent this?
Old 04-24-2005, 05:56 PM
BigMoeTaki42

Go for red, it's the ultimate sports car color and it looks great in pictures. Or don't, then there'll be less on the road
Old 04-24-2005, 07:40 PM
MikeNT256

Well i've definately said No to Pikes Peak White. With the amount of driving i'll be doing, the car and its amazing obviousness to being dirty would drive me insane. For example, exactly what my gf said, was happening to quite a few people's cars in the Z-Coupe PPW thread..it'd tear me apart. Atleast with a darker color, it'd hid the minor stuff until it got a proper bath?
Old 04-24-2005, 07:47 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Whatever color you get, get a clear bra right away to aviod the chips that will happen right away and bum you out.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:56 PM
MikeNT256

Thats most definately what I planned on doing. I haven't the slightest clue where to get it installed, how to (if needed) maintain it, if I can even wax over it, and hell I might even have it installed on the rockers as well, for ease of cleaning?
Old 04-25-2005, 07:24 AM
maxipad96

I NEVER have to clean my silverstone. In combination w/ gunmetal wheels, the car ALWAYS looks clean. I've gone a month and still gotten comments on how clean my car looks.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:46 AM
primo1

correct me if i'm wrong, but UY is a better paint job (more coats)
Maybe no chips ?
Old 04-25-2005, 09:53 AM
bixby

Knowing that I'm bias for the Brickyard which is no longer available. I'd have to say LS with Burnt Orange interior is an awesome combination an was my 2nd choice.

The only thing that kept me from going that route (besides the fact that BY is so beautiful) is that I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the color 5 yrs from now since I tend to keep my cars a long time. But after almost 3 yrs I still think it's a beautiful color.

SB with the same interior is very nice too. Just got to keep the Zaino on it to keep it gleaming.

The new yellow is nice too.

Quick Reply: Z comes in so many great colors!