Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Should I beleive my Dealership..

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 01:21 PM
Bostonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I believe my Dealership..

Hello,

Obviously, you can see I live in the Boston area. I go to the Dealership to see how long it takes for them to come in, because I am not going to buy a Z at the begining of winter and I want one for the begining of the summer. So I go down to the Dealership to see how long it would be for them to get me the Z I want. Touring Brickyard w/navagation. Well the Dealership told me that he could get this car in about a month and a half, and he also gave me a price of $35,700. That is exactly what is online. If this guy is telling me the truth, it looks like I will be ordering one in April. I hope this is one of the good dealership stories that I have read. The guy even said that when they get one in stock that is not sold, he will call me up and let me test drive it. They had one there today but it was sold. Man I wanted to take that Z for a spin today!!!

Last edited by Bostonian; 11-23-2002 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-23-2002, 01:27 PM
nosuchsol

I think that MSRP is a decent deal. But come April we should see a larger influx of Z's coming to our shores. With a larger supply the price is more negotiable. At MSRP a car that's been on the lot for 1 day will fetch a profit of 3,500-4,500 for the dealership. My response to the costco thread delves more into it. If you'll be waiting that long then work on a better deal. If you like that deal go for it! =)
Old 11-23-2002, 01:31 PM
Bostonian

Default Thanks,...

.. I thought of that. But i thought it was a good start that he did not give me a price $3,000k over sticker. I might even order it in march.....I just can't wait anymore!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2002, 04:14 PM
KCZ

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hey Bostonian

I live "slightly" north of you and have the same issues. I'm not interested in buying a Z now and having it sit in the garage all winter until the snow melts. There are numerous dealers in ME and NH with Z's in their showrooms now for sale at MSRP, and some are willing to sell below MRSP to unload their cars now before winter truly arrives. I've managed to score a considerable number of test drives.

If you want to see a Brickyard Touring and don't mind a road trip, try Peter's Auto in Nashua, Team Nissan in Manchester, or Marc Motors in Sanford ME. All the dealers are telling me that there is a 90-120 day wait for orders to be filled, so I'm going to order mine in December for an anticipated delivery in April.