Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Info ont he JUN.. Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 07:36 PM
infidsg35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info ont he JUN.. Installed!!!

Infinit dealership:

I had my trans replaced for the second time last week. During the first time i made pretty goodfriends with the service manager. So I started talking to him about replacing my flywheel since the trans will be comming out.. He said that the drivetrain warranty will be untouched. The only thing that wont be warrantied is the flywheel.. Witch is fine with me since I have the original one. He said it would be .5 hrs worth of labor to pay for and I agreed. As my suprice it was installed for FREE!!! So major props to the Infiniti dealership.. He also told me how excited the shop got when they heard aftermarket parts hehe..

The Flywheels:

As far as the flywheels I did not get to see the JUN as it was drop shipped directly to my dealership as it is 60 miles from my house.. All I can say is the original is heavey and realy thick..

Got in the car:

I got in the car and started it.. hummm it sounded like a slighhht metal grind and quickly hit warmup rev.. I was like humm dunno if thats normal but I heard it was.. (kinda scared never heard these type of sounds hehe) They I put it in first and took off lightly and wow you can hear it.. It sounds like a cement mixer... But I knew this was normal so I listened more closely and from 500 rpms to 2000k you hear it.. Then at 200k it goes away and my intake wistle takes over hehe.. At idle it is kinda clunky and scraping sounding.. And it is kinda loud.. But today is the second day and it doesnt bother me too much..

Other people:

Ill tell you one thing if someone didnt know about cars or didnt know you replaced you flywheel they would think your car is going to DIE.. Driving down the street and trans falling out the rear feeling.. But im starting to love it..

Me:

I think more and more its getting better more like music to the ears.. Since its not a mod to see a noise is just enough to remind you everyday that its there..

Performance:

Last but not least. Well since I just got a new trans i wanna kinda take it easy to let it breakin a lil.. The major things I noticed is revs and responce.. When you slam gears it switches a lot faster with less delay.. It also revs a lil faster when your up at 4k.. When I shift from 1st to 2nd I dont peel out as much but it kinda throughs me into my seat a lil harder.. I think it will SHINE on the strip as it will take away that slight delay but then again I havent pushed it to the FULL extent.. Tring to get used to the faster revs and dont want to slam it to hard but I did slam it enough to notice the diffrence.. It overall feels faster throughout it makes the car feel lighter on its feet if you will..

Conclusion:

It is well worth the money.. If noise bothers you DONT get it.. The performance is what I expected and hope others will fallow with this mod .. I give it an A+ hehe
Old 09-30-2003, 07:55 PM
92hatchattack

hehehe ........ with my honda, the more noises it made, the faster it got ... awesome review!!!!!!! ... ima big JUN fan!
Old 09-30-2003, 09:28 PM
raceboy
Banned

Yup, sounds like a friggin' cement mixer.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:29 AM
sschmuve

Sounds like it's a little too light for me. Maybe Nismo would be a better choice, but another member said he could barely tell the difference after install. Are there any flywheels somewhere in the middle?
Old 10-01-2003, 01:56 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think so, since the other flywheels are either same or lighter.

the Sachs flywheels is lighter at 12-13 lbs

the jwt is same at 14lbs. i hevan't heard much issues with the jwt though. and you can use it with any Z32 clutch.