Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Some A**hole Rear-ended my Z!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 05:31 PM
mikedZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some A**hole Rear-ended my Z!!!

My Z is only 8 months old and I have been rear-ended twice! I got her in September. I was rear-ended the first time in October, but it was very minor, insurace paid for a new bumper cover and I got over it. Now on Monday night I was rear-ended again! This time it was way worse. The guy had to have been going 20+ mph when he hit me. The bumper is cracked at the bottom and is all scuffed up. Heres my not so good pic:

The worst part is that I now feel a jerky feeling at low speeds. It is very minor but I definetly didn't feel it before the accident. I know insurace will cover it but I'm worried about possible mechanical problems down the road. Plus that fact that my resale value will be sh*t now. I feel like my Z is cursed or something. It kills me too cause I love this car more and more evey day I drive it. Now I'm considering either selling it or trading it in for a car that hasn't been abused like this. I can't stand the idea of owning a $31k car that has already been in 2 accidents in less than a year. I feel sick inside over this. I'd like to hear your guys advise.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:49 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

accccch that sucks
Old 04-23-2005, 06:16 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Looks totaled, care to sell me your Z frame,
Old 04-23-2005, 06:33 PM
Destiny350Z

After your car has been hit it never seem the same... 8 months is a really short time to be hit twice!!! It seem like the dealership or insurance company would feel sorry for you and just give you a new one!! I know I would if I was the dealership!! I'm am so sorry to here about your poor Z Zand02max this is no time for jokes, have a little sympathy! What kind of car hit you? Did something inside you just snap when he hit you... I would be in jail right now on assult charges. Oh I just got a idea... does your neck and back hurt?
Old 04-23-2005, 08:30 PM
mikedZ33

Yeah, I was soo pissed when it happened that I jumped out of the car to look at the damage cursing and screaming. I would have loved to beat the sh*t out of the guy. I should have been grabbing my neck and milking an injury. The focker that hit me was driving a late 90's 3 series BMW. I really doubt that the insurace company or dealership will give me any breaks. The estimate is for only $687.00 for the bodywork. I'll have to wait and see what kinda broken stuff they'll find when they pull the bumper cover off. I I read something in an old post about sueing the person at fault for loss of value. I'll me giving my attorney a call on monady. Anyone got any experience with this?
Old 04-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Originally Posted by mikedZ33
I read something in an old post about sueing the person at fault for loss of value. I'll me giving my attorney a call on monady. Anyone got any experience with this?

I think thats a bad idea. So the guy f@#ked up real bad. So what. Insurance is going to fix it.

basically, dont be one of those d1cks people make threads about because they pop up in the news for a retarded law suit.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:17 PM
B-Unit

Yah dude, chill out, everyone makes mistakes, you got hit, get over it. The freakin estimate is 700 buks, thats nothing! Insurance is gonna handle everything.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:13 PM
EatMyZ

If it makes you feel any better, about 2 hours ago, i was manuvering my new outdoor grill into my garage because of the weather, and got distracted and ran it into the back of the Z. Paint chipped about the size of my pinky nail.

Laugh at me, I cushion your pain
Old 04-23-2005, 11:49 PM
homiusang

Chill out man, don't be pi$$ed and wanting to trade the car in because your car were rear-ended for twice. Good thing is no body was hurt and it looks minor. Insurance will take care of ya and all you need to do is find a good reputable body shop and have it fixed.
You will feel much better if you have seen my car from the accident, and how f**king long the body shop takes to repair the car, as a matter of fact, it's still in body shop.
Now me and my Z were seperated for 2 full months and still counting. I miss her so much that I really learned how to appreciate the car while you are with her, and take good care of her.
Sorry for the misfortune, hope everything works out for you.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:51 AM
bstfugtfomrfn

Hold on fellas. heh. As long as the accident isnt your fault, not only should the the guy who hit you's insurance company pay to fix it, but yes, they should also pay you for the dimunition in value. Its only fair.
~AJ
Old 04-24-2005, 06:42 AM
BigMike

No need for an attorney. Most insurance companies pony up money for loss of value. You might have to demand it from them, but they will pay it.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:46 AM
lane myers

Originally Posted by BigMike
No need for an attorney. Most insurance companies pony up money for loss of value. You might have to demand it from them, but they will pay it.
yea, i would hold off on calling your lawyer until you know the insurance company isnt going to handle everything first... no reason to spend money when you dont need to...
Old 04-24-2005, 07:56 AM
rdballer

My 04.5 ZR was rear ended after 4 months of ownership (1671 miles on the odo). The damage looked less severe on the bumper than yours but the right rear quarter panel had a crinkle in it near the passenger's door. The total damage was $4200. The car was repaired (almost). There was a very annoying pop/snap noise in the car over a variety of bumps that the body shop, other guy's insurance nor nissan could care less about. I ended up having to dump the ZR for another one. I was not going to listen to a pop/snap noise for the next 100K miles.

Good luck... make sure you have a couple of body shops look at the car for an estimate.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:05 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least you don't have the massive illegal alien uninsured driver problem we have thanks to the federal government being abscent from the border. Once the terrorist kill a couple tens of thousands of Americans it is possible that they'll finally wake up and seal the border.

I've had two friends hit within the last month. One had his car totaled when an illegal alien blew through a stop sign without even slowing down and t-boned his wife knocking her out for about ten minutes. They caught the guy after he fled the scene and was discovered hiding in the backyard down the street.

Another's wife also got hit when she came to a stop and the clown behind her didn't and hit her at like 30 mph. Again an uninsured illegal alien.

(my pet peeve)
Old 04-24-2005, 08:28 AM
hypeiv

paul: same problem in Texas both of my parents have been in hit in runs with someone who most likely wasn't legally in the country. The worst thing was they happend so close together that insurance threated to raise our rates b/c of too many uninsured driver claims. They had a bad 2 years with wrecks having 4 total none of them being our fault and 2 were hit and runs, we got punished for reporting claims to our insurance even when the other guys insurance was paying up b/c it went into their system. My parents ended up paying for one of the wrecks out of their pockets to avoid a rake hike... btw this was a major insurance company that has very high rankings on JD power for customer and claims service...

I hate insurance companies and uninsured drivers....
Old 04-24-2005, 08:42 AM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

WOW, sorry to hear about your mis-fortune. Perhaps the "jerky" feeling is related to a damaged CV joint, U joint, or transmission problem. I can easily see how a jolt like that might damage some part of your drive-line.

I have allowed my son, on a few occations, to drive my Z. I would follow in his van, and look at my Z from different angles. The Z is beautiful more so from certain angles if you know what I mean.

While following my son in my Z I have noticed that the rear "signature" is somewhat "stealth" in my opinion. The car is short, and the tail lights and rear window light just DON'T grab your attention. There might be something else, but I'm not sure.

I must tell you that after following my Z a few times I have become convinced that WE ALL MUST BE AWARE AND COMPENSATE, HOWEVER WE CAN, for the idiots behind us.

I hope I'm wrong, but it just might be a curse of the design of the Z. I'd be interested in rear collision statistics on this car.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:01 AM
withak

I know it is probably to late but try to go through the other persons ins. co. to get you car fixed. Saves you from a claim.
Your cars value should not be dramatically affected unless the damages is more than $2500, then it is reported so carfax will show it.
My father had this problem with his 01 Z3. He had to get a new hood and it rendered the vehicle non BMW certified (all parts have serial numbers and they must match).
He took it to BMW and they confirmed the depreciation and the ins. co. cut him a check. I have never noticed a certified Nissan but it is worth a shot.
And definitly get the drivetrain and suspension checked by a reputable mech.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:47 AM
curnaco

Sorry to hear that bro....
Old 04-24-2005, 04:22 PM
mikedZ33

Originally Posted by jcn30127
WOW, sorry to hear about your mis-fortune. Perhaps the "jerky" feeling is related to a damaged CV joint, U joint, or transmission problem. I can easily see how a jolt like that might damage some part of your drive-line.

I have allowed my son, on a few occations, to drive my Z. I would follow in his van, and look at my Z from different angles. The Z is beautiful more so from certain angles if you know what I mean.

While following my son in my Z I have noticed that the rear "signature" is somewhat "stealth" in my opinion. The car is short, and the tail lights and rear window light just DON'T grab your attention. There might be something else, but I'm not sure.

I must tell you that after following my Z a few times I have become convinced that WE ALL MUST BE AWARE AND COMPENSATE, HOWEVER WE CAN, for the idiots behind us.

I hope I'm wrong, but it just might be a curse of the design of the Z. I'd be interested in rear collision statistics on this car.

Man I was thinking the same thing. The high position of the taillights over that round Z tailend are not that bright when braking. Especially at certain angles like you mentioned. I've also become more aware of the cars behind me and they really do seem to inch right up on me. I think its due to the short rear end.

Getting a lawyer involved is bit probally a bit too harsh. I know it could have been alot worse and after hearing some of your guys horror stories I do feel better about the condition of the car. I'm definetly going to talk to the insurance co. about the loss of value tho. Hopefully they cut me some extra $ for it. I'm also thinking having them fill in the rear hamburger, at least that would be something good out of this situation. I'm also going to make sure the dealership fully inspects the driveline. Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:38 PM
SB Track

Originally Posted by mikedZ33
Man I was thinking the same thing. The high position of the taillights over that round Z tailend are not that bright when braking. Especially at certain angles like you mentioned. I've also become more aware of the cars behind me and they really do seem to inch right up on me. I think its due to the short rear end.
I think this is true. I wish Nissan put LED taillights like on the G35's on the Z. The G35coupe taillight design is so catchy, especially at night. I'm getting the extremely expensive clearcorners.com LED taillight mod done for this reason.

Quick Reply: Some A**hole Rear-ended my Z!!!