Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anyone "ding" there Z yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 09:40 PM
Scanman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone "ding" there Z yet?

I dont have but 200 miles on this car and I'v put two small "dings" in it. One was when I let the e-brake off and the car rolled into a curb and scratched the front spoiler and under-lip of fender (very small however). The second one I clipped a curb and scratched one of the Rays. Sh*t someone take this car away from me....I'll only end up trashing it. Kidding....just kidding.
Old 11-23-2002, 09:55 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I already asked, almost everyone has scratched their bumper, if they havent, give them time.

your lucky you just scratched it, mine developed a dimple from the bend it must have done, which cause it to not reflect a smooth image anymore. really pissed me off.

sucks about the rim tho, it can be fixed. Im sure someone else that knows more about that can guide you there.
Old 11-24-2002, 06:47 AM
^Tyr

really really hope i dont scratch or ding anything on the car. granted i cant expect it to stay perfect but i sure can try right?

i'm used to driving lower cars (my celica sits like vette) so i'm used to parking back from curbs and watchin speedbumps and potholes and cracks and changes of angle in pavement....

curbs however this car is wider than my old one. however i had a stagered setup on my old car. this still is much differnt
i'll have to be careful for a while
Old 11-24-2002, 07:56 AM
Moroccan_Mole

no scratches or dings yet. havent scraped the front bumper yet either. theres not alot of steep slopes i have to drive in and out of. but when i do, i just drive at an angle up/down the slope and go really slow.

it holds up traffic sometimes but shrug, better that, than scratch the z ;p
Old 11-24-2002, 01:52 PM
CLS

Default No scratches or dings here!

Knock on wood! I have been lucky so far. I am more worried about someone else dinging it than me. Thats why I park in the very last parking spots.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:08 PM
Todd

I washed my Z today and found a couple of small chips in the paint plus some strange scratches in front of the passenger wheel well.
Old 11-24-2002, 03:13 PM
Bobby C 01TA

scratches and dings suck butt.. no matter how much u take care of the car etc some stupid ding or scratch eventually shows up!.. And when u park far, some idiot in a rust box will park right next to u to act cute..blah
Old 11-24-2002, 10:01 PM
roberto350z

scratch yes...but a scratch where you cant see it is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than a dime size ding right on the door. (shivers down my spine)
Old 11-24-2002, 10:17 PM
Jumpman--Z

Yeah, I scratched the rear bumper. I sccidentially turned into a street with a dead end, and proceeded to backup so that I could turn around, and the bumber scratched a fence, I think (might have been a slope). It's not really noticeable, and looks like some dried mud, but when it happened, I felt like I had just totaled the car. I heard the same day that one of my classmates had just totaled their car, so I felt a little better. I apologized to the car, and promised myself that I would be much more careful and drive slower when backing up.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:12 AM
steven

not my car but i found this crashed Z at www.wreckedexotics.com
this site will keep you busy try it. sorry i cant send the image but you can see it under the 300Z section maybe someone else can display it here.

[URL=http://www.wreckedexotics.com
Old 11-25-2002, 10:32 AM
Jumpman--Z

lol, that's quite a "ding" on that yellow 300ZX. I wonder how much something like that costs to repair?
Old 11-25-2002, 10:56 AM
wxtornado

I was rolling home from the dealership 1 week ago today, not 2 miles from the dealership, when all of a sudden......WHACK!!! A rock had kicked up and slammed into my windshield and made 2 small marks on the lower drivers-side. No actual cracks or spider web thank goodness, and GEICO already said they'd fix it for free since they don't have to replace the windshield.