Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why?.....Is it just me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 08:08 AM
Z33Concept

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Destiny350Z
Today was crazy as hell!! Its seems like I can't go for a drive without being harassed by someone in a POS!!! I had just got off work and went by the post office, I pull out on to the highway I have a yeild and everyone else has the stop light! I pull out and get up to the speed limit this POS oldsmoible comes right up on my a$$ then slams on its brakes I'm like mmmmkay maybe they didn't see me, whatever! Then they come flying up on my *** again and slam on their brakes, so now I'm thinking that its someone that knows me and they are just playing around! They come up on my a$$ again and swerve to the right like they are going to pass me on the shoulder. They slam on their brakes again and start swerving from side to side, I think they are playing with me so I start swerving too! They backed off and I thought it was over! Until I came out of the town and the speed limit changes to 65mph. So to give them a little kiss my I gun it up to 65mph. I see them swerve into the on coming traffic lane and try to pass me! So I floor it and dust their a$$es doing 85mph and cut it at 100mph!! I think its over, they come flying up on my a$$ again and slam on their brakes swerve to the shoulder and pass me, get about 7 feet in front of me and slam on their brakes again!! At this time I'm like WTF?? And then they slam on the gas again at this point I back off because my turn is coming up!! Does anyone have a clue of what they were doing? Was it a street race challenge or were they just trying to f-ing kill me? Crazy a$$ POS drivers!!
THIS WOULD HAVE MADE ONE HELL OF A DVD

THE RUN: PART II- Drunk and Loaded
Old 04-30-2005, 09:49 AM
King Tut

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Today was crazy as hell!! Its seems like I can't go for a drive without being harassed by someone in a POS!!! I had just got off work and went by the post office, I pull out on to the highway I have a yeild and everyone else has the stop light! I pull out and get up to the speed limit this POS oldsmoible comes right up on my a$$ then slams on its brakes I'm like mmmmkay maybe they didn't see me, whatever! Then they come flying up on my *** again and slam on their brakes, so now I'm thinking that its someone that knows me and they are just playing around! They come up on my a$$ again and swerve to the right like they are going to pass me on the shoulder. They slam on their brakes again and start swerving from side to side, I think they are playing with me so I start swerving too! They backed off and I thought it was over! Until I came out of the town and the speed limit changes to 65mph. So to give them a little kiss my I gun it up to 65mph. I see them swerve into the on coming traffic lane and try to pass me! So I floor it and dust their a$$es doing 85mph and cut it at 100mph!! I think its over, they come flying up on my a$$ again and slam on their brakes swerve to the shoulder and pass me, get about 7 feet in front of me and slam on their brakes again!! At this time I'm like WTF?? And then they slam on the gas again at this point I back off because my turn is coming up!! Does anyone have a clue of what they were doing? Was it a street race challenge or were they just trying to f-ing kill me? Crazy a$$ POS drivers!!
Sounds to me like you were on a 2 lane road going the speed limit. That will always **** off people that want to go faster than the speedlimit. He was probably trying to get a run on you to help him pass you but wussed out and hit the brakes. Then you started antagonizing him which gave him road rage. I think the bottom line is he was in a hurry and you were not which resulted in both of you getting a dangerous case of road rage.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:23 AM
CelticPride2

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
And people wonder why Z drivers can be a bunch of d1cks!
Everyone always tries to provoke...
Hold up, now....I wasn't trying to be a d1ck with that comment. I was simply trying to make a point about people seeing a Z and suddenly deciding that they need to bait people into racing to be bigshots. I don't look down my nose at anyone's rides...if they're happy with what they've got that's all that matters.

--CP2
Old 04-30-2005, 10:34 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

"No side street... I live in the country! And I was trying to get way...but I had to slow down!! "

I did not mean to be "ragging" on you, Destiny. It sounds like you had your hands full.

My response was more for others who get into similar circumstances; i.e. being threatented/harassed by someone.

There are alot of young guys on here & the macho response is to say pull a gun or pull over & beat the crap out of the bad guy. Any such response is stupid in reality (as opposed to talking/thinking). Under the best of circumstances a person will spend time & money defending his actions with the court system; under the worst, a person could be killed.

Recent story in Sacto. After Kings game a guy in MB cuts off another guy in an Infinite leaving the parking lot. First guy pulls over followed by second guy. First guy tackles second guy. Both guys get up & second guy hits the other once. The latter falls, hits his head on pavement and dies. Aggressor is dead and second guy may be tried for murder. Stupid.

Drive away, man, drive away.....if you possible can.
Old 04-30-2005, 12:26 PM
cloudy

Originally Posted by King Tut
Sounds to me like you were on a 2 lane road going the speed limit. That will always **** off people that want to go faster than the speedlimit. He was probably trying to get a run on you to help him pass you but wussed out and hit the brakes. Then you started antagonizing him which gave him road rage. I think the bottom line is he was in a hurry and you were not which resulted in both of you getting a dangerous case of road rage.
Uhh if i recall right... she was going over the speed limit... unless that was just one of her other stories that i read last nite..haha
Old 04-30-2005, 05:45 PM
King Tut

I pull out and get up to the speed limit. Until I came out of the town and the speed limit changes to 65mph.
Must have been some other story you were reading. Sounded to me like she was going the speed limit.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:33 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Des,
Not sure what this guy was trying to prove, but the advice to remove yourself from the situation is very sound, especially since you're female. There are some pretty unstable people in the world, and it would be horrible to set one of them off to the point that logic leaves the scene. Who knows, maybe the guy thought you cut him off when you merged or something. in which case, nothing could have convinced him that he was in the wrong.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:40 PM
cloudy

Originally Posted by King Tut
Must have been some other story you were reading. Sounded to me like she was going the speed limit.
Ya must have been that other story where she supposely was speeding and saw a cop and got scared.. lol
Old 04-30-2005, 08:17 PM
DAYTONA-ZED

And people wonder why Z drivers can be a bunch of d1cks!
Everyone always tries to provoke...

My problem is with Jettas. GLi, GL, 1.8t you name it.
I have no qualms about the actual car, couple of my friends have Jettas but strangers with Jettas always try to out "gran tour" me or whatever the fug they do on the freeway to prove they have a sports car too!
Had two different incidents on the way home from work a few months after i got my Z. I work a late shift so it was at nite. In both some kid came up on my left side bugging me trying to get me to race. The second one was some kid in his daddies Lexus trying to impress his girlfriend. If he had tried to block my path then i would have gotten his tag number pulled over and called the cops. I believe you can be prosecuted for "aggressive" driving.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Dildorado

I notice the Z brings out all kind of idiotic behaviour in other drivers.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:48 PM
DAYTONA-ZED

I can tell you though, if you were to use a gun in any situation where your life was in immanent and pending danger of ENDING, your gonna go to jail for a long time.
++++++++++++++++++++++

Not if it was justifiable self-defense. Unfortunately that varies from state to state and you may stand a chance of being prosecuted in a civil wrongful death suit.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:52 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by CelticPride2
Hold up, now....I wasn't trying to be a d1ck with that comment. I was simply trying to make a point about people seeing a Z and suddenly deciding that they need to bait people into racing to be bigshots. I don't look down my nose at anyone's rides...if they're happy with what they've got that's all that matters.

--CP2
Oh, I took no offense, or consider you a d!ck with your comment at all!
I actually agree with it, that's why I quoted and gave it a relevant response.

Those idiots who "need to bait people into racing to be bigshots" target Z owners and they wonder why we eventually develope a short temper with everyone else. Hence the jerk stereotype.

When I first got my car, I was VERY happy go lucky and played around with folks that would tempt me. That got old because somedays you're not feeling it, or you're not in the mood, so you ignore em or leave em off the line.

And People wonder why Z drivers can be jerks sometimes.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:56 PM
CelticPride2

Oh, I took no offense, or consider you a d!ck with your comment at all!
I actually agree with it, that's why I quoted and gave it a relevant response.

Those idiots who "need to bait people into racing to be bigshots" target Z owners and they wonder why we eventually develope a short temper with everyone else. Hence the jerk stereotype.

When I first got my car, I was VERY happy go lucky and played around with folks that would tempt me. That got old because somedays you're not feeling it, or you're not in the mood, so you ignore em or leave em off the line.

And People wonder why Z drivers can be jerks sometimes.
Gotcha...guess i must've read your first post a little too quickly. In any case, I don't even bother playing with anybody anymore...there's just too much to lose and too little to gain from it.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:01 AM
forgeur

I will never understand why people in 5000+ pound trucks and suvs think they can out run a Z to start with. I have only had my Z 3 weeks and had two trucks try to race with me. While it is tempting, I was not past the magical 1200 miles break-in so I accelerated to 4K RPM and shifted to the next gear up to 5th. Sad part is doing that was enough to out run one of them.

Again, 287 hp @ 3200 lbs vs 265 @ 5000 lbs, its not even fair.

R
Old 05-01-2005, 08:20 PM
Dildorado

Some trucks can kick ***, so i don't mind getting owned by them once in a while, what pisses me off are the rednecks in their shitty cavaliers Z34 with hood scoops or other crappy rusty rides trying to beat me. They always get owned and I don't even feel good about it.

Those who tailgate like crazy to race are the worse, especially in traffic, they should be hung by the ***** for their morony, though karma's a ***** and eventually a telephone pole will get them so they don't reproduce and worsen the already way too weak gene pool. Unfortunately such reckless drivers often take the better ones off this world at the same time.

We need to put some tard repellent on our rides.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Destiny350Z

Originally Posted by Dildorado
Some trucks can kick ***, so i don't mind getting owned by them once in a while, what pisses me off are the rednecks in their shitty cavaliers Z34 with hood scoops or other crappy rusty rides trying to beat me. They always get owned and I don't even feel good about it.

Those who tailgate like crazy to race are the worse, especially in traffic, they should be hung by the ***** for their morony, though karma's a ***** and eventually a telephone pole will get them so they don't reproduce and worsen the already way too weak gene pool. Unfortunately such reckless drivers often take the better ones off this world at the same time.

We need to put some tard repellent on our rides.
LMAO @ "trad repellent!!! can you get that at Auto Zone? Stupid shallow gened rednecks!!
Old 05-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
Turn around the other direction, take a side street, speed off from them............just get the heck away. Nothing good comes of confrontation.
+1 pull over - turn off the street - drive to the police station or find a cop. The guy is basically fooling around with a deadly weapon and your life. That kind of foolishness never is good.

I had a couple of kids in a brand new Mustang GT do the same show in front of me - doing clutch drops to spin his tires and then using the emergency brake to skid. He did this about five times in front of me. I was ready to dial 911 and turn his dumb **** in when I found a place to turn off and away from him. I think the Z is like a red cape to a bull to this fools.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Risk

Its usually guys in completely unworthy cars that give me the pipes at stoplights. You know the ones...skittle green civic with an off center racing stripe, body kit a different color and a fartcan exhaust.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:23 PM
zmespeed

Originally Posted by forgeur
I will never understand why people in 5000+ pound trucks and suvs think they can out run a Z to start with. I have only had my Z 3 weeks and had two trucks try to race with me. While it is tempting, I was not past the magical 1200 miles break-in so I accelerated to 4K RPM and shifted to the next gear up to 5th. Sad part is doing that was enough to out run one of them.

Again, 287 hp @ 3200 lbs vs 265 @ 5000 lbs, its not even fair.

R
once i had my *** handed to me by a late 90's ram with big ole'44inch mudders. and was like three feet off the ground it sounded badazz and had the gages on the A piller wich sugests FI. im guessiing this guy had every proformace mod made for the car. deffinalty 500+ hp
Old 05-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Reggi914

2 days ago someone in a hyndai (sp?) was on my azz on the highway and driving like a real maniac. I am talking MANIAC. He passed me when there was a car near me! Its two lane and he squeezed between me and a honda civic and zoomed off. My friend got him plate number and i gave it to my buddy at the police department.

Quick Reply: Why?.....Is it just me?