Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

help

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 05:08 PM
uhoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

My boyfriend is locked out of his 350z, it is running and the only keys are in it. Couldn't get enough force off the coat hanger to roll down the window. Any ideas?
Old 05-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Dildorado

Call AAA?
If there was an easy way to get inside a locked car everyone would run off with our rides.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:28 PM
uhoh

I was hoping maybe it happened to someone else. We called AAA. Of course you don't wan't to tell just anyone how to break into a car but since the car is running I thought it is a bit different. I bet all of your cars have alarms and other protection features when locked and turned off. I was just trying to help him instead of watching and doing nothing.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Z is a ***** to break into ... the window seals like crazy with that two step closing. If I had to break in I might attempt to put a pair of rubber wedges into the hatch back to see if it would move at all (and I doubt it) and then I would attempt to fish hook the tiny trunk release tab hidden under the rear strut bar.

Where's the second key?
Old 05-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Dildorado

Sorry didn't mean to be rude.

It happened to me once when i was 16 in my old pickup truck, went to look at a new sound system and locked myself out of the car running with music at full blast (there was only 1 speaker working in that POS thank God) in the store'S parking lot. I called AAA lol
Old 05-03-2005, 05:39 PM
uhoh

Thank you for the suggestion. AAA should be here soon. He is going to try that though. We just worried the guy might tear up something on the car. As for the second key, he hasn't had the car very long and it only came with one. He thought like most cars, that it is impossible to lock the keys in the car while its running.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:39 PM
bxd164

I've already had that happen to me in my Z ....two locksmiths later (fun.) I ended up getting it with the 2nd locksmiths long *** wire that was twice as thick as a coat hanger. I almost **** a brick as he used an airbag to pry out the rear of the door window a lil to get the wire in. I was waiting to hear the hole thing shatter. Good luck! but be careful!
Old 05-03-2005, 05:41 PM
uhoh

No problem Dildorado, I expected I might get a few "you're stupid" kind of remarks but thought I might get good suggestions too. He was trying to solve another problem with the car when it happened. Now he's got a bigger problem.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:49 PM
bxd164

Lol....I hope AAA helps ya out! I know the pain! I felt like such an idiot when i did it ( I got something outta the back and realized i put the keys down as i was closing the hatch )
Old 05-03-2005, 05:58 PM
uhoh

phew... AAA got it. They put a s - shaped thing in between the bottom of the window and the door. It came up on the inside and he reached the door switch. Only a few very minor scuffs on the interior.

He did say if that didn't work he was going to do the litte air bag thing in the rear of the window, but he didn't have to.

Thanks everyone. This will probably be my only thread on this site. I appreciate that you were all so kind. I really expected some not so nice remarks.

Thanks again.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This was like a real life drama unfolding in front of our eyes.

Stay tuned for the next episode...."Help my fuel door won't open and my gas light is on!!!"

uhoh---did your boyfriend tell you to "jump on the internet and join my350z" right as he was stuck?
Old 05-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Z Shadow

uhoh---did your boyfriend tell you to "jump on the internet and join my350z" right as he was stuck?[/QUOTE]

Thats what I was thinking and now that she says "This will probably be my only thread on this site" I think we should feel a little used