Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Just bought an 03, will i regret it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 10:10 PM
03FIDDYZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought an 03, will i regret it?

Hey i need some help I got my car less then a week ago its a 2003 Performance, since i got the car i have been reading a lot of posts about how bed the 2003 are, what do you guys think I've been reading around on here and you all seem to know the answer to one thing or another. I have starting printing posts out about some recalls and stuff like that, should I take it to the dealer and say fix everything that has ever been recalled or has had a TSB on it? I have 30,000 miles so the warranty is still good. Please help.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Sensation350Z

Getting the first year of production model on any car is a risk, but I have an 03 and have never had any problems with it
Old 05-04-2005, 10:39 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Outside of minor Feathering my 03 Brick has had zippo problems. Just see how it goes.

By the way, in my opinion it is not worth having a shop tear apart the door for the grease streak issue............if you have it.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:56 PM
afreemason

Arh to be honest chap people only ever post their problems - lets face it a post reading "i guys, just want to tell you all I've had absolutely no problems with my zed today at all" isn't a right riveting read now is it. I seriously wouldn't worry ..... chill, enjoy the car (although there's nothing to match that new car feel, you know all virginal and only soiled by your own hand !!!) and stop worrying or you'll start to think you've got every problem you've ever read about. That being said forwarned is forarmed but don't crap yourself aout it. Enjoy the zed mate, I'm jealous (well, until June anyway)
Old 05-04-2005, 11:05 PM
zmespeed

i bought an 03 a while ago and the owner had the tire feathering fixed. and he and i have never seen it sence it was fixed. the only other problem ive had was the window synsor. thats the one were the windo goes back down half way on the auto up function. other than that its been perfict. i agree with the above, dont worry it just makes you imagine stuff.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:21 AM
showstoppertk

Talking

I'm in the same boat as you being that I only recently got my Z and I've had some of issues discussed on the forums a few of which I've tried to have addressed through a dealer (tire feathering being one of them and the TSB/and your warranty only cover you on that issue up to 2yrs or 24,000 miles from the date the vehicle was purchased new so you S.O.L. on that one). But I'd have to say overall I'm extremely pleased with the car. Any car will have its issues, but I think the trade off is well worth the privilage of owning this car. I guess to each his own and I haven't had the car that long, but I can't help but look for every opportunity to catch myself driving in the reflection of a window display.............priceless
Old 05-05-2005, 01:27 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

There haven't been any recalls, per se.

You can buy new tires and get an alignment if the wheels shred too much. Worst case is that you don't get as many miles out of them. (And I really don't think 2004 onwards are that much better.)

The biggest problem is going to be if the transmission grinds, and then you'd need to replace it. Or has it been replaced already? In any case, I think the problem would have shown up before 30k.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:31 AM
Sz28r

No major problems with my '03 Performance - - decided not to get window streak TSB done and I'm glad - it's a minor inconvenience, feathering has not returned after 2nd four wheel alignment, transmission shifts perfectly, etc.

Only people with problems post most of the time, as was mentioned above - - usually the cars have been abused from day one, most '03 350Z's are just fine - enjoy it
Old 05-05-2005, 02:59 AM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on the purchase .

Bat™
Old 05-05-2005, 09:40 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah the grease streaks issue - just wipe it off the windows and keep rolling up and down the window until it goes away

The window motors seem to go out a lot on this car though...
Old 05-05-2005, 10:46 AM
ANXIOUZ

I had my dealer address many of the cheapo TSB's that are out there and I haven't had any real issues with my 03.

The day I got my Z I found these message boards. I freaked out! I immediately worried that I bought a lemon but once you realize that it's the complainers that are the most vocal....you'll get over it and will truly love your Z.

The Z has no more or less issues than any other sportscar in this power/price range.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Welsh 350Z N

'03 Track. No problems at all ! Love it. Still making it even beter than it was originally with Mods but that's a personal thing. Must admit, had full alignment performed not long after puchase when I dropped it with Eibach springs so don't know if I ever would have had the feathering issue but certainly haven't since.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:17 PM
DrVolkl

I have build # 2363 of the 2003 year...also a performance.

I had the tire feathering fixed...no biggie.

I have the window streaking and the rear axle clicking, but I've been too lazy to bring it in to be fixed...so as you can see, it's not really bothering me much.

My car is fast, handles great...no real complaints.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:24 PM
03FIDDYZ

Thanks, I do have the window streak thing but I wasnt too worried about that the only thing that i found that kinda worries me is the click nosie when i start off in the right axel, other then that iv had the car for a week now and its so tight. Thanks again
Old 05-05-2005, 08:14 PM
Cereal Killer

I have had my 03 350Z Enth 5AT for about 2 months as a DD and have had no probs at all!!. And every turn becomes a drift fest too. I have 34k on the odo. I have the window streak too. Not big enough prob for me to go without "FLYING" for a day or 2. Love the Z.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:54 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

I got the window streaks fixed. But I think the dealership just used Windex because they're back 2 weeks later
Old 05-06-2005, 09:14 AM
DrVolkl

Originally Posted by nbdyfcnsqnc
I got the window streaks fixed. But I think the dealership just used Windex because they're back 2 weeks later
hahaha....classic. I can just imagine a guy with a rag wiping off the streak... "There ya go, all fixed!".

One of the reasons I haven't brought it in is because I don't trust my local dealership to touch my car...I don't want them screwing up the door/window/etc. As it is, the window goes up and down fine, so I can clean the streak every so often...I mean, how much grease can be in there? It's gotta stop some day.

The axle clicking needs to get fixed...but again, not a job for my local dealership, so it's going to take a trip to one that's 40mins away...and then not having a car for a day...it's a pain in the ***.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Mr_Q

About 2 days after discusing on here how I had no problems with my 2003....my driver's window motor died!!! I am serious! Frick'in FREAKY....I've had my 350z for 14 months.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:25 PM
swipe112

Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I have build # 2363 of the 2003 year...also a performance.

I had the tire feathering fixed...no biggie..

How did you "fix" the tire feathering? I was under the impression there is no cure for it.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:34 PM
poseidon

how was the tire fix done? WHay is the TSB on it? What tires do you recommend?
Thanks<
GLen

Quick Reply: Just bought an 03, will i regret it?