Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

how old is everyone here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 08:31 PM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 6 and bought the car myself. True story.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Bini2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-05-2005, 08:34 PM
lane myers

Originally Posted by 2004z
I'm 6 and bought the car myself. True story.
bastage! you beat me by a half year!.... but what about the mortgage?
Old 05-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Art Vandaleigh

Hah not another one of these threads. Why is it that each week there is a thread about how old you are, or "im 17, just bought a Z and here's how im paying for it"... WHO GIVES A ****. Its a internet chatroom, and i dont believe half of what most of these "younger" guys say anyway.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:41 PM
elms350Z

Maaaan! I really wanted to avoid making a post, but for some reason I kept reading, and the more I read, the more ridiculous it got. So that's all I have to say.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:50 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BikerChickSI
Whats it to you what someone else does with their money? Some people like to have nice cars others sniff their money up their nose others buy electronic gadgets that cost too much. Ive had a car financed since I was 17. Being able to pay bills & taking responsibilities IS realizing the value of money. DO you think dropping $100-200 every weekend at some club is a better way? Thats a car payment. We re not talking about buying S500s here, these cars really arent that much.
Heh...now that shows how you really think "do you think dropping $100-200 every weekend at some club is a better way"...you don't have a more creative mind with what to do with that money? (and it would be alot more than 200...more like 400 or more)

If the cars aren't that much...then why start a thread about parents buying a 350Z for their 16 year old kid if 350Z's "really aren't that much"?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Destiny350Z

18 got the Z when I was 16.... payed in full.... don't hate on a playett!!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:43 PM
rohan

I am 16 years old and my dad just bought me a brand new 350z, and yea i am spolied. Does that mean anything at all ???? And just cause we are young , that makes us stupid??? I Think you are just ****ing stupid for even making a comment like that.. My dad is rich, and he has a rich lifestyle , he doesnt want to see his kids driving a ****ing beater.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:42 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rohan
I am 16 years old and my dad just bought me a brand new 350z, and yea i am spolied. Does that mean anything at all ???? And just cause we are young , that makes us stupid??? I Think you are just ****ing stupid for even making a comment like that.. My dad is rich, and he has a rich lifestyle , he doesnt want to see his kids driving a ****ing beater.
My daddy is rich and everyday is christmas at MY house
Old 05-06-2005, 06:51 AM
Camel

Paying for it yourself doesn't count if you aren't also paying rent/mortgage and for everything else to keep yourself sustained. Having mommy buy your toilet paper while you post on internet forums touting how "I paid for it so I earned it" isn't how the real world works. lol I'm 30 BTW to answer the OP's question. Everything I own I bought myself.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:51 AM
lane myers

this is what i'm talking about - i couldnt agree more... in the future, if my career allows me to live a wealthy lifestyle - i'm going to give my kid the best i can get him. if his buddies or strangers on the internet have some insecurity or problem with that, then they can go the dealership, lease or finance a car for $600+ a month and then come on the internet and brag at how cool and independent they are for getting a sports car all by themselves.

sh*t. if when i was 16 my folks rolled up the house one day with a supra of rx7 and said "here, we make a lot of money, and we love you and want you to be happy and have nice things, so here's a fine automobile son!" i'd appreciate that car and take care of it better than any beater they could ever buy me.

when i see a kid younger than me in a Z - i say to myself "awesome, another member of the z family - and that guy/gal has a great sense of taste (asuming its not all riced out )" not " that spoiled sh*t, i bet mommy and daddy bought that car, and i had to pay for mine all by myself. so i'm better than him, there's no way he could really appreciate that car like i do, because i am special. i cant wait to go on the internet and call him out - and all the other spoiled brats that are lucky to have my car."

edit: i cant believe this thread sucked me in.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:57 AM
yobri
350Z-holic

I don't think most people have an issue with how much your car costs, as I believe such concern is more oriented around a safety issue. I mean, the 350Z is a rather powerful car and denoted as a sports car likewise. Before anyone decides to weigh-in about the correlation concerns of being young and driving sports cars, insurance companies definitely eye this as a financial risk concern (due to extant statistics amongst other things) thus such elevated insurance rates for those in the 'teen' range.

No need to get upset, just communicate your POV civilly and most people will probably respect what you have to say. I know if I have the money in the future, I'd buy my future son/daughter a nice car, but I don't know if I'd buy him/her a high HP sports car... I guess b/c I'd be concerned about them. But that's just me
Old 05-06-2005, 06:59 AM
xluv2eatx

im 20, purchased mine when i barely turned 20, my monthly payments are 500.19, i even aked if they could make it an even $500, no luck. i got a good deal since im a manager at a dealership. i souldve been a manager at nissan though. that would've been sweet.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:24 AM
lane myers

Originally Posted by yobri
, as I believe such concern is more oriented around a safety issue. I mean, the 350Z is a rather powerful car and denoted as a sports car likewise. Before anyone decides to weigh-in about the correlation concerns of being young and driving sports cars, insurance companies definitely eye this as a financial risk concern (due to extant statistics amongst other things) thus such elevated insurance rates for those in the 'teen' range.

agreed 100%. this is the only problem i have in general (i'm sure there are some very safe/responsible teen drivers out there), powerful cars and young(immature) men are often a bad combo.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:43 AM
andl2ew

turning 19 soon and getting a Z soon x]. Just have to search for a used one with a good price. If your rich and your parents can buy you a nice car why not? If you don't finance a car on your own, it doesn't mean you don't know the value of money.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:20 AM
bio911

Buying a kid a nice car is not a problem at all... But buying a kid who is not responsible or is not mature enough is a bad thing. Thats why some parents start them off with a POS to make sure they can handle a nice car. When i finish my degree and have kids i will provide them with the best but at the same time teach them the ways of life. I am currently 19 and i am a full time college student and i work full time at a telecommunications company. My first car was a new 2000 Toyota Tundra and then my parents got me a new 2002 Toyota Tundra. I pay 425 a month for the z and i pay 157 for insurance... In a few months a I will own my own Sprint Retail Store. I was out eating with my friends one day and we sat by the window and i saw an older couple checking out my car with the face on the glass and stuff... when they walked in i was like "so did you guys wanna go for a test drive" Then the look on their face was funny, the husband then said "you shouldn't be driving that car, your too young, you need to be older" (somewhere along those lines) Blah... age doesn't matter, its how you live life and take care of yourself... Just have fun and enjoy the Z, not be an *** to a younger guy that owns a Z or their parents hooked them up with a Z because they want to. The only time i am an *** to a Z owner is if they are annoying or take their parents Z out and say that it is theirs and $hit... I hate that! That is when you should give em crap about it. Owell, everyone post your age and STFU now :P j/k
Old 05-06-2005, 08:24 AM
bio911

BTW my mommy buys badass toilet paper!!!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be 27 next week
Old 05-06-2005, 09:54 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 6 years old.....
Old 05-06-2005, 09:54 AM
HotImportGirl
Banned

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
Heh...now that shows how you really think "do you think dropping $100-200 every weekend at some club is a better way"...you don't have a more creative mind with what to do with that money? (and it would be alot more than 200...more like 400 or more)

If the cars aren't that much...then why start a thread about parents buying a 350Z for their 16 year old kid if 350Z's "really aren't that much"?
Listen buddy:

1. You dont know me so you need to stfu

2. Its none of your business what I do with my money

3. I got a creative idea just now while reading your post... you ready? A manolo blahnik up your @$$

4. I didnt start this thread

5. You dont know how MUCH money I make

Dont assume cause you know what that makes you..........