StopTech 13", 14" Big Brake Systems Available >>

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 05:32 PM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default StopTech 13", 14" Big Brake Systems Available >>

StopTech Big Brake Kits have been released for the 350Z. These Kits are amazing, and we've had great interest from 350Z owners. CZP had first dibs on the 300ZX Big Brake Package, and we've had an amazing response: 300ZX Big Brake Kit

Kits will be available in 2 weeks

332mm(13") Big Brake kit: $1995.00
Buy Online

355mm(14") Big Brake kit: $2595.00
Buy Online

Both Kits include:

Front Calipers
Front Rotors
Front Axxis Ultimate Pads
Front and Rear SS brake lines
and Motul Racing Brake fluid

If you have any questions, please contact us at 623-937-6400
Old 11-26-2002, 06:29 PM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heres one from SEMA
Attached Thumbnails StopTech 13", 14" Big Brake Systems Available >>-sema-108.jpg  
Old 11-26-2002, 06:49 PM
nizl

why?
Old 11-26-2002, 08:16 PM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Originally posted by nizl
why?
Why Not?? The StopTech Kits are remarkable, and they are look amazing compared to the stock brakes, so it's a visual issue..
Old 11-26-2002, 09:25 PM
D'oh

The only thing I regret about getting the Performance instead of the Track is missing out on the big brakes. I'm thinking of the stoptechs, but since they are front only I was wondering if you could then take your old stock front brakes and move them to the rear? Anyone ever try anything like that?

Also, anyone know how easy (or difficult) it is to install these from home. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but don't have much equipment, and have never done anything like bleed a brake system or anything like that. Also, do you know what it would cost to have a mechanic install something like this?

Just curious.

Thanks,
D'oh!
Old 11-26-2002, 09:50 PM
ZON

Originally posted by D'oh
The only thing I regret about getting the Performance instead of the Track is missing out on the big brakes. I'm thinking of the stoptechs, but since they are front only I was wondering if you could then take your old stock front brakes and move them to the rear? Anyone ever try anything like that?

Also, anyone know how easy (or difficult) it is to install these from home. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but don't have much equipment, and have never done anything like bleed a brake system or anything like that. Also, do you know what it would cost to have a mechanic install something like this?

Just curious.

Thanks,
D'oh!
D'oh, I have all the tools and know how. You buy 'em and I'll help you install them for the fun of it. I would love it. And I live a very fun 45 minutes away from Santa Cruz. I'm in Morgan Hill.

But I don't know about putting the stock front's on the rear's. Funny I was thinking the same thing. Anyone know?
Old 11-26-2002, 10:08 PM
D'oh

Cool!

Thanks for the offer thobbing_Zon

Although, now I actually need to save up enough money to get the darn brakes!

Morgan hill is a great drive, too. I prefer to go down to 152 (I think) and then across the mountains to Morgan Hill.

Anyhow, I will keep your offer in mind, do some investigating, and post again (someday) when I figure out what I'm going to do.

Thanks again,
D'oh!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:17 PM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Just curious.

Thanks,
D'oh!

Well, StopTech will be coming out w/ the Complete Kit for the 350Z soon, Front and Rear, a bit more pricey, but that's in the plans.... I say you can get the front done in about 2-3 hours, it's not hard at all, just need the right tools, and some know how, and you're all set... Kit comes w/ precise instructions.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:43 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Will the 13 inch kit fit inside the stock 17 inch Z wheels? Without spacers?
Old 11-27-2002, 02:41 AM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

What impact will adding these brake kits have on:

VDC
Electronic Brake Distribution
ABS

My guess is that the above are calibrated based on the stock system - any changes could potentially screw something up (I hope not though, as I'm seriously considering this kit...)

Ethan
Old 11-27-2002, 03:42 AM
cabalisticfire

Those look SWEET!! Can't wait for people to start putting them to use. The performance of the Brembos on the track edition seem to be great, I'm very curious to see how these stack up. Could influence my purchase decsion (performance vs. track.

RE: moving the front calipers to the rear. There's more to that than just putting bigger brakes on the rear. They need to be correctly balanced or they may hurt your stopping distance. Simply mounting the front brakes out back would be a gamble at best.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:46 AM
pointfivezero
Charter Member #16

Any option for cross-drilled rotors over the slotted?
Attached Thumbnails StopTech 13", 14" Big Brake Systems Available >>-brakes.jpg  
Old 11-27-2002, 07:01 AM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Originally posted by EnthuZ
Will the 13 inch kit fit inside the stock 17 inch Z wheels? Without spacers?
Go here for wheel Fitment:: StopTech Wheel Fitment
Old 11-27-2002, 07:05 AM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Originally posted by cabalisticfire
Those look SWEET!! Can't wait for people to start putting them to use. The performance of the Brembos on the track edition seem to be great, I'm very curious to see how these stack up. Could influence my purchase decsion (performance vs. track.

RE: moving the front calipers to the rear. There's more to that than just putting bigger brakes on the rear. They need to be correctly balanced or they may hurt your stopping distance. Simply mounting the front brakes out back would be a gamble at best.
We'll have the Track Model Comparision Soon
Old 11-27-2002, 08:08 AM
krinkov

Originally posted by ethan84ae
What impact will adding these brake kits have on:

VDC
Electronic Brake Distribution
ABS

My guess is that the above are calibrated based on the stock system - any changes could potentially screw something up (I hope not though, as I'm seriously considering this kit...)

Ethan

Acctualy, ABS makes it easier to go to bigger brakes than without ABS. Back when the only means of distributing brake force was a proportioning valve, changing brakes front or rear would mean getting an adjustable proportioning valve to keep the brake balance correct. The way ABS works is with a sensor at each wheel that senses if that wheel is not moving (locked) so regrdless of size of brake, ABS will still apply force till it senses a lock, therefore automaticaly compensating for any change. electronic brake distribution and ABS are basically the same thing, and VDC/traction control both work off these sensors as well so same example applies.

Last edited by krinkov; 11-27-2002 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:12 AM
Swisha350z

Does replacing the stock brakes with another set void the warranty?
Old 11-27-2002, 08:41 AM
cabalisticfire

Originally posted by Swisha350z
Does replacing the stock brakes with another set void the warranty?
It is possible as VQracer mentioned but IMO it's highly unlikely that it will affect the warranty beyond the braking system its self. Since you're completely replacing the stock rotors/calipers/pads/lines that stuff would all be out of Nissan warranty. And, if you fried your rear brakes they may blame it on an imbalance caused by your modded front brakes but beyond that I doubt you would affect anything. But then again, I've heard of dealers trying to void entire warranties for lesser offenses.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:47 AM
cabalisticfire

Originally posted by Coz@CZP
We'll have the Track Model Comparision Soon
Excellent, can't wait. The reports that have been rolling in seem to indicate that Nissan really got things right with the Brembos which is pretty rare for OEM (unless you're talking Porsche) but they're not cheap. This may be a great alternative.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:56 AM
all_bark

I just got back from a full day of brake testing with stoptech!

we did comparison braking with my standard touring brakes and then with the 13 inch stoptechs.

I have photo's, lots of info and some good stories from the people at stoptech.

I left the stoptech airport test sight with a stoptech system but will be receiving my "custom" system on the 10-12th of December.

For those of you interested in stoptech I would recommend waiting just a few weeks. I will explain later in a new thread I will be starting that will include the photos and my experience with Stoptech.

Overall, they are first rate!
Old 11-27-2002, 10:11 AM
ZON

Cool!

Thanks for the offer thobbing_Zon

Although, now I actually need to save up enough money to get the darn brakes!

Morgan hill is a great drive, too. I prefer to go down to 152 (I think) and then across the mountains to Morgan Hill.

Anyhow, I will keep your offer in mind, do some investigating, and post again (someday) when I figure out what I'm going to do.

Thanks again,
D'oh!

Any time my friend, any time.

I would take 152/Hecker Pass also.

Quick Reply: StopTech 13", 14" Big Brake Systems Available >>