2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Get Z now or wait or what?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 07:27 PM
dmcgibbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get Z now or wait or what?

Hey,
back in the day I used to love seeing 300ZX's - I know they were overpriced, overweight touring cars but I just loved them I don't know why. The same reason I like my Jeep which I know is a maintenance nightmare. Anyway, I took my mom in to see a new 350Z and she actually liked it and was surprised by the cost ($26 for a base 350Z) It's cool that the Toyota Supra and Mazda Rx-8 are coming out soon but the Supra will be too much $ and the Mazda is ugly IMO. Anyway, should I pressure my parents into getting a 350Z or should they wait for next year's model or wait til like March? I noticed that courtesyparts.com had chrome rims and other accessories available in march so maybe that's another roll-out month or something. I really like the Z, but the only things I don't like about it are - its in its first run (brand new) and I don't like how the options are set-up. For instance, to get leather you have to get the touring model but to get 18" wheels you have to get certain models and a lot of the stuff is mutually exclusive. I was hoping maybe later on they would allow options to be ordered a la carte or separately but I don't know. Also, there is no sunroof or T-tops but I can live with that I guess. If my family got a 350Z, I guess my dad would get rid of his grand cherokee and get that and my mom would keep her voyager haha and I'd borrow the Z all the time and my dad can use my car He only does highway driving and short drives with his Jeep and its a waste b/c his fuel economy is horrible. So what are your thoughts on the Z and is there any way to find out about options/availability of late-intro'd or next year's Z's? Thanks

I want a silverstone with black leather but can live w/o the leather and gasp we might get automatic w/ the tiptronic transmission (so my mom can drive it). if its an automatic, it has to be either enthusiast or touring model but that really limits options. then again, leather isn't that important as long as the cloth seats hold up well and i saw leather covers for sale at courtesyparts for 800 and supposedly the dealer can install leather seats now aftermarket but maybe after all that cost it would just be cheaper to get a touring. we are also thinking about getting perf or enthusiast and getting a manual - can't decide! i would want the bare bones audio so it could be upgraded later b/c i heard the bose (blows) system is crappy. the touring model is nice and has a lot of great options but then it also has useless stuff in it that adds money. then there is a navigation option and retrofitting it to use it for dvd/tv for $2000 but that's a lot of dough! and the 18" rims are so much nicer but you can't get those w/ an auto tranny - there are so many things that you can't get w/ certain packages and models - it sucks if anyone has any news/info i'd appreciate it! So should we wait or not? And how do I help talk my rents into getting one? haha they are calling insurance this week - omg i bet its astronomical for a 2 seater and will probably be a dealbreaker right there...
Old 11-26-2002, 07:33 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The other day you posted about how the 350z sucks, now your family wants to get one and you say you're going to be driving it all the time? Make up your mind - and TAKE A BREATH!!! Run-on sentences are VERY hard to read...